|
Author Topic:   Wed. Nights CTF
Hammer
posted December 18, 2001 02:58 PM            
Got a server up for wednesday night. Put it up early in case I have to make adjustments. Try it out and let me know if it's ok.
Have an option for a back up, I'll try to set up tonight but I don't know how it will perform.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 19, 2001 03:36 PM         
looking forward to it!

what was the "official" time? i forget...

IP:

Cell
posted December 19, 2001 05:32 PM         
8 est, Peeet! We'll save a spot for you

And thanks for hosting the server, Hammer.
Actually thanks for hosting all of 'em!

IP:

MexIndian
posted December 19, 2001 05:33 PM            
The official time is 7 PM, but I've noticed that people start showin at around 6:30. I show up at around 7:15 generally, (being fashonably late is cool).
(Spelling fashionably fashonably is also cool... are yall taking notes?)

Hammer, just a reminder.... are you logging the game? I love to see how badly I get my teeth knocked off my face.

Which reminds me...

------------------
Half-Mexican....Half-Indian...
All fragging extravaganza.

IP:

MexIndian
posted December 19, 2001 05:39 PM            
Sorry Cell, didn't mean to step on your toes. I think the time was 7 EST, but I might be mistaken.

So sporting the new sig, reflecting my recently very poor performance...

------------------
Quarter-Mexican.... Quarter-Indian... Quarter- fragging extravaganza, and a healthy helping of sometimes-not-so-good-at-this-game.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 19, 2001 06:32 PM         
i'll be there!

IP:

Cell
posted December 19, 2001 06:59 PM         
7pm!! I'm gonna be late, no wonder I can't get in the top ten... haven't even had a beer yet!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 19, 2001 10:30 PM            
Don't worry Cell,I had enough beer for you and everybody else Thats why I didn't show tonight....got roped into going to a party...I hate it when that happens

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted December 20, 2001 04:50 AM            
top 10 TM players?

wheres that listed? if it is
and is there a whole list of where ever regular player of TM is ranked?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 20, 2001 03:33 PM            
The ranking system comes from DDM results so it's not really a overall picture.We started ranking about a year or two ago.Its ranked by who has the most first place finished,second place finishes and so on.You can find the results at coax's Geocites site.I don't have it bookmarked so just find where he posted in the forum and click on it for bio's and rankings.He hasn't updated it recently I don't think.
I've always tried to push for a game where the top 10 ranked only play.It would kinda rule out the abiltiy to get easy kills and would be one hell of a game I think.I'm going to start a new thread when I get home from work tonight.

IP:

peeeto
posted December 20, 2001 06:19 PM         
the Weatherman has also analyzed results from some DDMs:
The Weatherman's Generic Treadmarks Homepage

and don't forget TMStats , brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Black Widow Lance

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 20, 2001 06:25 PM         
Hehe, yah - I got a bit silly there with game analysis. I think the weapons stats from TMStats are more helpful in terms of knowing your specific strengths and weaknesses for a given weapon. The stuff I did really was stretching to far to quantify ability in the game. Once I saw I was not the best ever, I stopped updating it Seriously, I think that ranking is interesting to a point, but after that it stops being fun and is kind of a drag. Competition is fun as long as no one takes it too seriously

IP:

synack
posted December 20, 2001 08:36 PM         
agreed.

I play for fun, not score or ranking.

(Could this be sour grapes; the fact that I am not among the top-10 players?)

mmmmmmmmmmm ... no.

IP: