|
Author Topic:   Forget Lord of the Rings, I'm back!!!!
NeoKi
posted December 18, 2001 09:56 AM            
Well after about three months of no TM, my computer has been fixed. Now, all I have to do is setup the internet connection, and load glsetup, and I'm ready.

Now, you may be wordering what happened O'so long ago, well here's wht happened. You see, I accidently D/L the wrong graphics card drivers for my system, making it so I couldn't see see windows when it came up, so after trying some things in dos, my dad ended up deleting everything on my C/drive and reinstalling win98, but first he had to install the drivers for the cdrom/drive. Soon after, everything was aok.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Random Chaos
posted December 18, 2001 10:27 AM            
Deleting everything? Someones a but paranoid! You only have to delete the win.com file and the contents of the windows\system directory to force a complete reinstall of windows...

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 18, 2001 10:43 AM            
He probably means a complete format and reinstall, I always push my data to the second drive and format and do a clean install. Since you have to reinstall all your software anyway, cleans off all the excess.

"Format<space>C: it's the ultimate defragger."

[Edit]
Besides if Windows would'nt load anyway, I would definitely run fdisk.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 18, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted December 18, 2001 01:54 PM            
I had to refomat my system earlier this year. Somehow I managed to corrupt the boot sector so WinME wouldn't run. Reinstalled WinME...nothing. Installed Win98. Still wouldn't run! So I knew it was bootsector...

Anyway...
NEVER FORGET LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 18, 2001 03:04 PM            
I had to do it three weeks ago
Welcome back Neoki....can't wait to see the new mods that you come up with!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 19, 2001 06:15 PM            
*reads topic and face lights up* Neoki, have u ever played Pern Mangband?if so is your name on there Jir?

IP: