|
Author Topic:   "Classic" 1.0 Server
The Weatherman
posted December 17, 2001 09:52 PM         
Hi Treads,
I am bringing back an old favorite - the Classic Server. This is a real skill server because there is very little guidance - just like TM ver 1.0 . I don't have the ver 1.0 ents, so I went through and removed all tracking on the Avenger, Dirt Ball, Maching Gun, Tankgun, Swarmers, Concussion Missile,and Plasma Cannon. I also cut the guidemax on the MRL in half. Muahahahaha - WM

P.S. If any old skool Treadheads have their old 1.0 install available, please let me know. I would love to get the projectile ents to make the server more authentic. Comments always welcome.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved ;)

IP:

A2597
posted December 17, 2001 11:17 PM            
your in luck. I have the 1.01 demo.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

Paranor
posted December 18, 2001 10:41 AM            
Super and A2957 were on last night - got laggy again once AlAlAl joined. We you doing server maint?

IP:

ping of death
posted December 18, 2001 11:19 AM         
you are the TANK!!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted December 18, 2001 01:50 PM            
I still have a 1beta2 copy somewhere...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 18, 2001 02:47 PM         
Thanks Gents, Turns out I have a copy of the 1.0 Demo . I had also accidentally set the weapons settings to exactly what the demo had had, before I even had the demo to look at It was authentic and I didn't even know it.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 18, 2001 02:56 PM            
Yeah WM,once 4 or 5 got on the server it got REAL laggy like it did at the CTF a couple of weeks ago.

IP:

Paranor
posted December 18, 2001 02:57 PM            
But it was nice to actually have to try and aim your 120mm.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 18, 2001 02:59 PM         
Ugggh, - that was because both servers were running on the Sh*tBox (tm) server. I am going to officially retire that computer for serving purposes. It is a great print server, tho

IP:

Neo
posted December 19, 2001 03:49 AM            
Ahhh...

Finally, my TM dreams have come true! Ever since Skandranon's classic got dumped I've been chomping at the bit for someone to set up an authentic "classic" server.

Thanks for setting this up, WM.

Unfortunately I'm back on dialup for winter break, but even if my pings are 600ms all the time I will still play on it as much as I can.

Long live old skool!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 19, 2001 08:16 AM         
NP and righteous props to Skandy for the original clasic server (and telling me what to modify to make a new one . If we are all real good, he might make a cameo this holiday season! Was good to see yall last night, even briefly
-WM

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited December 19, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 19, 2001 08:54 AM         
Speaking of righeteous props... Thanks, LDA, for my favorite game! I was trying to find the thread that had the idea for Seamus's Birthday DDM. Isn't that supposed to come early next year? Someone please bump the message up the BBS.

IP:

A2597
posted December 19, 2001 09:38 AM            
The best part is, I can woop ya all on it. Your all used to the seeking stuff, whereas until recently, I was playing the 1.01 demo all the time.

(Well, Neo and a couple others here can still fragg the phooy out of me... )

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

synack
posted December 19, 2001 10:37 AM         
Consider it bumped! The thread's subject is simply "LDA?" Real descriptive, eh?

It's February 10th, by the way.

IP: