|
Author Topic:   Getting your Girls to like TM
Hammer
posted December 15, 2001 05:21 PM            
Guys if you really want to get your girlfriend or wife into this fragfest of ours you might want to show them the sheep brigade. They seem to really get a kick out of watching those BAAing sheep as I am trying franticly to get them off my butt.
Another weapon in this catergory is one I read about and am anxiously waiting to hear more about, the "Elf Gun". Although they might not like the sight of us shooting "Little People" into the air screaming.
I think if the guys who like to make these mods could make a couple more types where small normally harmless creatures of the earth make us men run in terror. They would be more likely to play.

IP:

synack
posted December 15, 2001 07:54 PM         
I think TM is a guy-thing, the way The Three Stooges were. (Sorry if the 3 stooges doesn't translate to countries other than than the US. Actually, I'd be interested to know if they were known outside of the states. anyone??)

Besides, if you get your girls interested in playing, that will cut into your OWN game playing time. Think about that for awhile.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 15, 2001 08:36 PM            
Synack, my sister used to play TM. And you'd be suprised by the number of female gamers I know...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 15, 2001 08:49 PM            
well unlkess im mistaken dreamers bio in the photo album mentions his girlfriend (il mutano)...

Im doing my bit too sorting out a girl called Wonderjava to get playing

but youre right about the sheep - my fiance just keeps saying "GET THE SHEEP GET THE SHEEP!!!" rofol....

IP:

Hammer
posted December 15, 2001 10:30 PM            
Synack,
I think it's a guy thing also but my wife and her girlfriend were watching me play the other day and when they saw the sheep brigade they were on the floor laughing. I have seen post from other TM players asking about female players so I thought I'd mention it. I do like the weapons especially ones that make me laugh when I die.
I don't care who's driving the tank I'm trying to frag though. Everyones fair game unless their on my team. And I hate playing with teams. NYUK NYUK NYUK "MOE, LARRY THE CHEESE!"

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 16, 2001 06:33 AM         
Matrix - you are mistaken. "Il Mutanto" was the nick I used to use until about two years ago. My gf despises TM

As for the three stooges - well known and well-loved in Germany...

Sadly enough, noone over here seems to know red dwarf.

IP:

JVortex
posted December 16, 2001 07:20 AM            
i dont know about red dwarf, but i know about White Dwarf .

ive almost got my g/f to the point where shes willing to give TM a chance. she wasnt too hot on the whole tank and frag scene. shes one of those who is still in love with the classics like pac man, centipede and so on. the Storm Pack and racing however has seemed to almost catch her intrest. the distortion effects of the Haywire Mines and the explo effects on the Multi-Phasic Nuke she absolutely LOVES. hehe

[yes, thats right, "insert shameless plug here". hehehe]

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

synack
posted December 16, 2001 08:05 AM         
I don't know 'red dwarf' either.

I wasn't implying that girls didn't like online gaming in general. I just haven't seen any evidence that they've been playing TM.

Dreamer, are the 3 stooges shown with the original english sound track, or are they dubbed into German? Especially with Curly, his voice is so much a part of his character and humor, imho.

Also, how about Marx Brothers movies?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted December 16, 2001 09:39 AM            
I love to flyyyy shipwrecked and comatose, drinking fresh, mango juice... GOLDFISH shoals, nibbling at my toes...

(cmon Red Dwarf enthusiasts.. finish it!)

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Hammer
posted December 16, 2001 11:40 AM            
All I know about Red Dwarf is that it airs on our PBS stations. It looks an awful lot like the Dr. Who series. Seems like they get their special effects from the Three Stooges though.
What's up with that? TM mods have better effects. They put a bucket on someones head and call them alien! Give me a break!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 16, 2001 12:33 PM         
as production values rise, usu humor values fall. For example, take MST3K. Red Dwarf is funny tho. I like the cat

IP:

King John 1st
posted December 16, 2001 12:34 PM            
But it's Fun, fun, fun.
In the sun, sun, sun!

IP:

Hammer
posted December 16, 2001 03:32 PM            
I am sure Red Dwarf has it's moments. I am just a spoiled-rotten American Sci-Fi crazed fanatic. I get so used to see American Eye-Candy I can't enjoy anything else. It is addicting and I always need my stuff.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 16, 2001 04:37 PM            
all women hate the 3 stooges. I've only met one girl that said she liked it.

I've been trying to get my gf to like TM. I think I've been going about it the wrong way though. TM hooked me, because I liked there racing. Maybe if i can get her to run a lap in the race part of the game i can get her into the DM style of the game

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted December 16, 2001 07:28 PM            
I reckon we should run a 'Bring back Space:Above and Beyond' campaign!!! God that show was awesome!!!!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted December 17, 2001 12:17 AM            
hehehahahaha!!!!1
1: 3 stooges , love them!
2: red dwarf was so goddamned funny i love it to bits , lister is the man
3: space above and beyond is one of the best
series of anything ive watched ever forby farscape which is god
but space above and beyond im with u NI
whos gona be on the piket line with me!??! lol , i still gota try the elves ill go on hammer time 2 when i get as new mouse

------------------
Grind n' Click , Lock n' Load

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 17, 2001 12:31 AM            
SMEGGIN' ELL !

Youre a SMEEEEE - HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

lol

hmm maybe i misread your bio dreamer but i did just copy paste it.
btw: http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/

IP:

Rex R
posted December 17, 2001 02:13 AM            
'would you like some toast' I rather enjoyed the episode where time was running backward-cat comming out of the bushes saying don't ask...

IP: