|
Author Topic:   Flag pak
Rex R
posted December 11, 2001 03:24 AM            
well I now have some custom flags(finally) newest flag in the pak is dated 3 sep 01 (kong) are there newer flags? if so where do I get them?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 11, 2001 07:52 AM         
I can put out a flag pack- I have been pretty concerned with getting as many flags as possible so that I dont get missing flag errors on my servers. I'll post it today. 1 thing - I tis hopelessly mixed - consisting of JV's, Neos, Kongs, SSG, LDA etc so I cant really cite specific authors. Is this a problem or can I just give that as a list of credits?

IP:

Rex R
posted December 11, 2001 12:44 PM            
don't really see that as much of a problem aside from the logos that 'might possibly have been borrowed' from other sources. the flag ents themselves pretty much say who did them. I do think that it is time for a new pak. The current one has redundent flags in it. Thanks much. btw where ya gonna post them(link please)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 11, 2001 12:45 PM         
EDIT: Compiled all the flag information with credit into a text file: http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/Master_Flagpack_list.txt
You can dload the pack here: http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/MasterFlagPak.zip

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited December 11, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted December 11, 2001 01:28 PM            
nope you got both of the ones I did. looks like you have approx 100 more than the flag pak(custom flags)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 11, 2001 01:36 PM         
About 100 are Neos, about 43 are Matices from the DNX pack ( I cut out the stock flags), and about 7 are ones that I demanded from pesky players that kept filling my server logs with missing flag errors

Come to think of it, Rixy had mentioned making corrections to the stock flags in his pack. Matrix, were those .ent corrections or .bmp corrections?

IP:

Rex R
posted December 12, 2001 02:31 AM            
got the flag pak. thanks WM. um he might have been refering to correcting the earlier flag pak, which replaced stock flags.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 12, 2001 09:26 AM         
Coll. Hey I noticed something amiss yesterday- a tank flying what I think the the starts and stripes actually had a cubic flag - is that a bad or missing ent problem? Course, it leads to the possibility of intentionally making 3D flags...

IP:

Cell
posted December 12, 2001 10:01 AM         
The 7thcav.ent was also mislabled, it was for the SSG flag instead.
(Just need 3 lines renamed in the .ent file to point to the correct 7thCav.bmp)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 12, 2001 12:01 PM         
Thanks for catching that, Cell.
I guess that sort of things happen when you include flags from packs with some redundancy. BTW, I made that correction and added the missing stars and stripes files (lwos) to the flagpack. http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/MasterFlagPak.zip

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted December 12, 2001 12:04 PM            
Could the flag pack have been run through Entegrety or maybe it was? Anyway if not or it cannot be then maybe Entegrety needs an update to check these things too. Just a thought. Keep up the good work WM.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 12, 2001 01:38 PM         
Okay, I have gone and Entegrifed the whole lot and the 5 or so bad uns have been fixed. You know where to get em Sheesh, this is why I try to stay away from projects!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 12, 2001 03:25 PM         
Added Kevlars flags and Kevlar nicend up the readme

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 12, 2001 03:49 PM            
LDA?,what are the chances that we can make stuff like custom flags and mods downloadible from the server?

IP: