|
Author Topic:   Is Your Son a Computer Hacker?
Cell
posted December 08, 2001 06:46 AM         
I can't figure out if the author is joking or serious ...If you need a good laugh to go with your morning coffee, maybe you can tell me.

IP:

Cell
posted December 08, 2001 06:50 AM         
I just have to include a quote! this is too much!

"If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips..."

IP:

Hawk
posted December 08, 2001 07:50 AM            
Of course he's joking. The guy's profile on Adequacy pretty much confirms that, he's supposed to be a CS major, he refers to Linux using the JeffKism "Lunix" several times, and he calls Flash and Comet Curser a hacking program.

That said, this article is funny as hell, as are the posts below it from people who can't tell it's a satire.

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 08, 2001 09:19 AM         
OMG, weird BB behaviour today.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited December 08, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 08, 2001 09:20 AM         

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 08, 2001 09:21 AM         

IP:

JVortex
posted December 08, 2001 02:04 PM            
thats one of the funniest things ive read in a long time, and im not even thru it all the way yet! just thinking of how many people are going to believe this and the children who will suffer. lol. ok, so ya, theres a mean streak in me there somewhere .

as to if the author is joking or serious; some of the sites he references are obvious jokes or puns on what hes talking about, so he intended it the way it is im sure.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming...

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited December 08, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted December 08, 2001 09:58 PM            
Amb inferior to other processors? It's far ahead of the known Pentium processors, especialy the pentium four which is flawed. >=P

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 09, 2001 09:04 AM            
That was pretty funny. But the sad thing is you will get some parent that has no clue on computers that will belive what is said in that article. Feel sorry for any of their kids.

------------------
=DNX= Tiggs
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and Tiger.
Family. Redefined.
Click...Click...BOOM - Don't Disrespect The 'Bing.

IP: