This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Instead of DDM this Sunday, how about a nice long chat ;)
The Weatherman
posted December 07, 2001 12:34 PM         
NOT!
I don't even play the game yet I see way too much chatting about RL and far too little chatting about so and so spanking whoever with a kablooie missle. So, what sort of DDM are ppl up for this weekend? I am taking votes on nearly all configurations of maps and game modes. I will even host mod weapons if someone (not myself) can reliably cobble to gether a bug free mod pack. What is your poison. Simple majority roolz
-WM

IP:

Paranor
posted December 07, 2001 12:48 PM            
I want a kablooie missle!

To keep the downloads small for our dial-up challenged friends why not have 3 new maps with a few weapons that are not unbalanced? Like the landmine? I haven't used that one yet but it sounds like a challenge to avoid them yet nothing to wacky lik a tri-mirv nuke.

IP:

Neo
posted December 07, 2001 12:52 PM            
Now you're talking.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 07, 2001 01:27 PM         
So, are you volunteering to make the pack, Par? I would prefer it be made by someone like yourself- who knows all about hosting and how to make a pack all nicens.

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 07, 2001 01:31 PM            
If so Par, I have a link to a page with some debugged SSO's. Say the word and I will send you the link.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 07, 2001 04:42 PM            
Whatever everybody else wants but Race

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 07, 2001 04:42 PM            
Whatever everybody else wants but Race

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted December 07, 2001 04:48 PM            
I vote for the server side only kablooie pack - you know the one - via Par LOL. That would be the one that does not exist, but will as soon as he makes up his mind about it. LOL

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

A2597
posted December 07, 2001 11:52 PM            
serer side mods I'd like to see...

Landmine (Hey, what did you expect?)
Plasma Mine Shooter (Green one, I think thats server side)

sheesh, theres so many, and the only weapons that coem to mind are my own!

well, anyhoo,
ALL the mirvs weapons I've used I like
(Mirvs of Steel, RC's Mirvs, JVos Mirvs, and one other mirv I saw)

my Speed missile, and possibly my ice gun?

RC's Plasma Pulser

non-server side
Jvos Bomb Lobber isn't server side buuut.

the landshark

drat, so many weapons, and the only ones I can seem to think of are my own! ARGH!
i'll finish this post tommorow *looks at clock*
err, later today.

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

KONG
posted December 08, 2001 12:30 AM            
what about my new weapons?

made a tactical nuke also

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited December 08, 2001).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 08, 2001 12:30 AM            
Actually I just compiled JV's SSO Bomblobber into a single zip today, its ready, along with his SSO Mirv version, Par has the links. But I thought land shark had a custom mesh and textures.

I would like to see IceBall in a DDM though.

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 08, 2001 12:32 AM            
Hey Kong I still have your beta weapons send me the new ones and I can get them in the Master zip by Monday before release. Are they SSO I can't remember.

[Edit Spelling]

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 08, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted December 08, 2001 01:27 AM            
thats ok, i'm too lazy to write a readme file. thanx anyway

IP:

Paranor
posted December 08, 2001 01:47 AM            
We need to keep it balanced and choose weapons that require some skill to use. I suggest maybe no more than 3 non-standard weapons. After all, this is supposed to be a DDM which used to mean stock stuff only but I think we are due to a slightly modded server. Am I being too "old fashioned?" lol

What I think we could try - put thoughts in please:

1) landmine (I haven't played it yet but it sounds like fun and you also have to keep an eye out for them)

2) shockwave - any of you newer players use this one? you drop it off and have 3 seconds to get away. it blasts an outward circle and can cause frags and bad damage. similar to a nuke but not as desctructive. I think it would be fun because it could breakup a group of 10 tanks and maybe only get 2 frags. plus you have to get your butt outta there. don't want anything too easy.

3) either plasma shooter or ice gun.

maps:
to keep the download small i figured 4 maps - one of them has to be the 9 hole. I wanna bury the shack again. i'll pick the other 3 tomorrow on the map website.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited December 08, 2001).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 08, 2001 02:32 AM            
I agree Par. And on the Shockwave, I have never been able to get away in 3 seconds, which makes me have to wonder why you get 2 rounds. I always get killed by the first wave. I guess if you do a drive-by you can get away.

Kong, I'm confused, too lazy to write readme, what does that have to do with sending me your new weapons. Besides they don't have to have a readme file to be error free, ENTegrety just suggest you put one in there. I always put a standard readme for the one's that don't have them anyway. Weapon name, author, entegrefied date. Oh well, no hair off my dog.

110 weapons is enough for the main master zip, any new weapons after the first 110 will go in a second master update zip, that way ppl don't have to keep downloading the first huge file every time more weapons come out. And I will have a download that's broken up into smaller files for 56k ppl.

And hey Par on the 19th-hole map, when you hit someone with a mass driver you can yell "4!!!!"

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited December 08, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 08, 2001 04:33 AM            
Kevlar, drive backwards when you use shockwave it works a lot better. I've survived everytime using that srategy.

IP:

Cell
posted December 08, 2001 05:44 AM         
And drop them at different elevations, such as the top of a crater and at the bottom,(as you leap it backwards) you are almost assured to trigger the "global-multikill= chaos" audio message

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 08, 2001 10:06 AM         
Hehe, Hey Par- you should just pick weapons according to your balanced sensibilities and make a pack. Don't try to do too much by committee or it will never be finished. It would be nice to have the server up today so ppl can dload the pack. Besides, any weird mods will give non-RL chat material . I can host the pack and I think you can upload it to the Lair.
Oh, Jump gun (have your screenshots setup!)

IP:

Paranor
posted December 08, 2001 01:54 PM            
I'm working on it right now - should be ready shortly.

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, Tiger and BWL-Paranor.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

ARAGON
posted December 08, 2001 02:34 PM            
Can I suggest including the ice map?I, and a few others, had a blast playing on it a week or so ago. It's like Wisconsin in the winter, and the blasts holes are the pot-holes in Oshkosh (right bro's?)

IP:

Paranor
posted December 08, 2001 02:38 PM            
Hmmm - let's do that one for clan battle since I'm already done.

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, Tiger and BWL-Paranor.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

ARAGON
posted December 08, 2001 02:49 PM            
No; as the older brother by an hour and a minute, I DEMAND satisfaction!

------------------
Don't disrespect the 'Bing.....

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 08, 2001 03:46 PM         
Okay, server is up for your perusal. you can dload mods here: http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/ddmmods.zip

Thanks for putting the pack together, Par.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 08, 2001 09:04 PM            
it also helps if you are moving at a fairly good clip before deploying the shockwave 80 mph and up

IP:

Kevlar
posted December 09, 2001 02:51 AM            
Thanks for the strategy help on the shockwave. Coax that works and so does dropping them at different elevations. It's good that it has a quick reload time. But if you are on flat ground like Rex said ya better be moving.

I was practicing by setting them off on crowded hilltops and jumping to safety. I can't wait for the DDM.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2