This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

|
Author Topic:   You may want to read this - I was not happy
woger
posted December 06, 2001 12:11 AM         
The screen shots in the second post take some explainiing. http://www.nucleardays.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002771.html

IP:

KONG
posted December 06, 2001 12:29 AM            
And who are you?

"Good news is due to my old m8 matrix i fetched it out the bin but I still can`t play it."

So isn't he your m8 anymore?

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited December 06, 2001).]

IP:

woger
posted December 06, 2001 12:43 AM         
Read the topic - I was not happy, is there anything in that I made up?

IP:

KONG
posted December 06, 2001 12:59 AM            
so what does this have to do with Treadmarks?
that's their bussiness not ours. Let Droog and Matrix work that out.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 06, 2001 04:09 AM            
agreed as long as TM isn't involved lets leave it alone

IP:

woger
posted December 06, 2001 08:40 AM         
you mean shhhhhhhh!

Quote :-
Any players on the servers will be at risk without firewall or virus checker.

If it was only directed at Droog I would still say it was wrong to wilfully pass on a virus. I have not played BZ in a long time but I do play with, and get e-mails from people that do.
But Hey your warned, you decide.

I sent a lot of time in the past cussin and leaving games ruined by hackers. So to answer your question KONG, I do reserve the right to change my mind about who I call a m8 if there is no comment from matix to convice me otherwise. Who could say that was not reasonable? at least I came asking.

[This message has been edited by woger (edited December 06, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 06, 2001 09:43 AM            
pityful, so you dont want a bz3 mod, fine, so you consider dmf a threat to your mighty battlezone federation fine.

Treadmarks has nothing to do with you so stay the hell away. My idea was to revitalise the 2 communities and help them grow - i can now see that droog and his cronies will stop at nothing until the mod, dnx and dmf is gone.

well if thats what it takes to protect tm - so be it.

None of the guys here have any idea how much stress droog put me under in order to want revenge on that scale - so back off.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 06, 2001 01:24 PM            
Droog probally had it coming.

Take your petty BZ crap someplace else. Matrix is a beloved member of our community, and if he felt that he needed to do that there must of been grave just cause.

Edit: I went to public school damn it. Ben Franklin once said "The best way to turn a potential friend into an enemy is to correct his English"

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 06, 2001).]

IP:

woger
posted December 06, 2001 02:18 PM         
How sad that was to read Matrix -

I pulled myself out of BZF because I didn`t agree with the way things went but I kept it to myself still many of my old playing m8`s used the game and as your post confirms you targeted them to get at one person!

3 questions

1. What kind of excuse is protecting tm to send out a virus?

2. Are you saying LDA had something to do with this also?

3. You (DNX) were still a member of BZF when I left why did I become a target to your petty row with droog?

Lastly before any of you people are misguided enough to think I have any contact with the BZ community or BZF ask matrix, either way do not accuse me of coming here to CAUSE anything DNX brought this to me not the other way round. No one can be that blinkered.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted December 06, 2001 02:54 PM         
This is 100% not our (the TM community's) deal. The ppl on the TM side have no idea about BZF, tounaments, viruses- nuthing. Whatever went on sounds pretty stupid on all sides - I don't know what it was nor do I really want to. If Matrix has skeletons in his gaming closet, it is not our business unless Matrix wants to talk about it. Anyone in the BZ community is welcome to dload the TM demo or buy the full and come here and play and talk about TM. Leave the BZ business on the BZ board.
TM doesn't need protection, it needs players.

EDIT: Hey Woger, none of us know you from Jack - why not give the game a shot and get to know a very cool game and community. I see that you are not BZ - give TM a try http://www.3dgamers.com/games/treadmarks/

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited December 06, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 06, 2001 09:16 PM            
1. What kind of excuse is protecting tm to send out a virus?

A: which virus specifically am i attempting to send out ? thats a jailable offence and not something i would do anyway.

2. Are you saying LDA had something to do with this also?

A: LDA are nothing at all to do with anything but provide an excellent game.

3. You (DNX) were still a member of BZF when I left why did I become a target to your petty row with droog?

A: i dont even know who you are ? my arg is with droog and scooby - its has lasted 3 years going on and off from bad to worse.

and yes coax is right - i felt perfectly justified in making such posts - if you were visibly abused in photoshop im sure you would be angry too - there were sections on that thread omitted and you really need the full story including the cause in order to render judgement - which given that thread you are not able to do.

To goto extremes that thread has also been passed to ppl that do business with me, thus far i have had 2 cancelled orders and am loosing money, one of us has to call it a day and be realistic about it - and thats me, droog has no sense of decency, morals or knowing when to stop.

So in order to stop idiots like that entering tm - i will not be releasing the bz mod (apologies to all who helped in that endevour), and to protect tm from the likes of droog i will remove myself from this game and forum thus removing the need for bzf spam attacks and garbage trails across this forum.

DNX members should be aware that as of January the clan will be closed - we had a similar threat before and i did my best to deal with it - the result was that members systems were hit personally - i wont allow that to happen again; some would call it nobility, i see it as my duty - i care too much for tm and the community to let this flow over here.

If anyone is even interested in the attitude of this droog guy, you can click the following link - im sure you will gain a good understanding of his attitude and what it is about him that winds me up so much - dnx members can read the complete story and thread in our forum - as i said - it was justified, just not portrayed as such.

I wont respond to any more questions or links in this forum - direct them to me directly - matrix@dianetix.freeserve.co.uk - the bzf link is here: http://www.nucleardays.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=12&SUBMIT=Go

anyway thats that - all good things must come to an end - and this is my time.

bye all and thx for everything - ill cya round someday.

IP:

MexIndian
posted December 06, 2001 10:59 PM            
Tell you the truth, I don't give a RATS A$$ about this crap. All I know is I like fraggin' Matrix, therefore, he can't be too bad a guy. If he has beef with someone, whatever, I have beef with several people, but you don't see those people coming to my house telling my family that "I want to hurt them". Quit being a baby dude. TM community is tight, and you posting that crap there won't mean anything to any of us.

------------------
Half-Mexican....Half-Indian...
All fragging extravaganza.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 06, 2001 11:00 PM            
Huh?Ummm....They want to try to do something to DNX and/or TM?They'll be sorry.I don't have the name SuperUknown for nuth'n.And BTW Matrix...don't give in.We can take care of ourselves and if you ever need some backup...........

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited December 06, 2001).]

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted December 06, 2001 11:39 PM            
I'm with Super and Mex. I defend network(s) of computers from viruses and lowlifes on a daily basis. I can take care of my own machine and if anyone needs any help protecting theirs, just let me know.
I think that there is more than enough IT talent in the TM community to keep from being owned by a bunch of people who apparently don't know when to shut up.
I tried to read the post and couldn't really figure out what was up- too many gaps. Either way, I'm sure no one in the TM world wants to lose Matrix because of some BS.
mELON cRACKER [LWA]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 07, 2001 12:08 AM            
i appreciate the sentiment but droogs image assaults are "adult" in nature - and theres kids play this game - nad since only lda can dlete posts......

u do the math - i gotta stay well clear.

IP:

woger
posted December 07, 2001 12:30 AM         
Matrix I don`t know why you keep going back to this droog guy - He has nothing to do with me, I could show you proof me and him don`t see eye to eye.
As for not knowing who I am that is even more comical I have my home page addy in my profile and an ICQ full of history, of better times.
I`ll make no more posts here but you had the chance to answer the posts and did nothing but confirm they took place, if they were altered you only had to say.
For the rest of you guys I`m sorry, you no doubt think I`m comming here attacking your community and not the other way round I find that an insult. I`m the guy who has told people they should try this game because "Matrix plays it and he`s ok".... Doh!
Well you have the right to make your own mind up I know I have -
He`s not the messiah - he`s a very naughty boy.

Yup I had to edit my spelling - clever I never said I was........ just right!

[This message has been edited by woger (edited December 07, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted December 07, 2001 12:40 AM            
Whomever this "TreadMarks Angel of Death" is I humbly would prefer if you please not post stuff on their site. Let's leave them alone and they'll hopefully leave us alone - I hate to start bb posting wars or worse yet bashing a game that each individual group thinks is great - it won't get us anywhere.

I'm bummed that DNX/DMF is down - let's work on that problem instead.

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 07, 2001 01:53 AM         
So am I. And yes, we should.

Whatever your intention, woger, that post did hurt this whole community.
OK, so maybe Matrix did post things in a private forum that he would not have posted in a public one. Maybe there is a real-life grudge that's been carried into BZ. The point is that we don't care for RL in here. Not at all. Most players here are highly skilled professionals or other people who use TM not to show off themselves, but to escape RL.

------------------
Head of the BWL
Visit us at http://www.treadmarks.de
and
check out our cool modding tools ENTegrety and TMapper
(TMapper is currently in public alpha test stage)

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 07, 2001 01:57 AM         
As for only LDA being able to delete posts - I'm pretty sure they can change that.

Just give Dudymas the right to delete any post that makes him too angry to eat cookie dough and this board is going to be funny as hell (not literally).

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 07, 2001 04:59 AM            
I think we understand what you are saying woger.You're warning us of something that might possibly happen.I think most people don't know what you're trying to say.If you're trying to warn of us Matrix don't bother.He's done nothing but good for this community for the last couple of years and I can't think of one negative thing he has done here and I was his first DNX recruit for TM.Thats why we are all wondering what the hell is going on.Looks like it's a grudge with BZ people so please try to keep it there.
As for DNX I'm not going to let it die.Matrix may be tired of having to keep up a defense all of the time but I'm fresh and able.And Paranor is right!DO NOT register at the BZ forum and start stuff.THats all we need is a Bab5 thing again but with meaner people.....

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted December 07, 2001 09:22 AM            
see matrix i told you and im with all you guys i dont want DNX/DMF to go them BZF or whatever people can just stay there and do whatever just dont bother with my pal matrix

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 07, 2001 10:21 AM            
well ive sinve got to the bottom of a few things. first up woger is a guy I HELPED get TM running, hes british and used to run clan "Ni" based of Monty Python's "Knights of Ni" - goes by the name Hemispheres. So it seems not a direct assault after all - which btw im wholy glad of.

2nd we DO have a bz oper member in dnx, so the bz side is definately a gonner, the rogue spear side n stuff never really rcoverd once the leader of that format got fed up n left online gaming so theres no big loss there.

The TM ppl....ok there is a solution, i know that DNX-Ni came up with a solution to the forum privacy issue, so you may want to contact him on that. Id be proud and happy to see DNX continue, but with someone else in top spot - ive really had my fill of online gaming at the moment, maybe when tm2 comes out that will renew my interest.

As for Ni-Hemispheres, he reads the bzf forum and sees the server attack as an attack on everyone... thats understandable, however this droog guy has a way of presenting his own version of events, and in a very adult fashion. If anyone is curious i have shown Tiggs the reasons i went balistic; im sure his word will be enough to justify that thread, dnx members can read the whole things on page 9 before i remove said forum in january, feel free.

And hemi, you will just have to accept that it was justified, even tho nothing happened anyway - and nobody threatened tourney 14, that was out of control passed on gossip.

BZF Forums : DO NOT i repeat DO NOT post there - you will bring a world of pain in here and droog loves a fight, dont tempt him, and certainly dont stick up for me - its not worth what will happen following your post, and beleive me, whatever u think will happen, will be 100% worse than u imagine.

If dnx or dmf does continue, id be happy to host the web pages for it since DNX-Ni doesnt have web building skills as such.

DMF - dunno, considering lots of options right now. stay tuned.

What distresses me more is all the ppl that went out and bought treadmarks for the sole purpose of playing the bz mod having left bz; most of DVX have it as do XCS, OC and CE, i would suggest they take that to droog if they want their cash back or they can stick with it in case i ever do release the mod in some way.

What i dont want to do is bring that sorry lot in here with it - bz servers number 2 now, the main one in austrailia with a huge ping, and one called gamesev which is west usa based and buggy; prone to crashes - bz does not have much life left in it - adn with the removal of mod tourneys its sure to be a dull end to it. Hardly anyone playes BZ-Red Odyssey, and Battlezone 2 is hanging on by its teeth as well, so i guess thats just a matter of time.

Till then i recon ill sit in the wings and watch.... prob take the time to learn that ent command set or sumthin.

Ive already destroyed my BZ cd and i know dnx radigator has done the same, a shame really because bz is such a good game in concept - the only thing that acomplished by the removal of dnx from bz is to diminish that community and make for even fewer ppl playing the game ultimately damaging it.

Anyway im not the king of rant, so ill cut off here - i like JV holding that crown lol.

Ill be helping finish off the storm interface, hud, fonts n stuff

l8r guys.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted December 07, 2001 11:08 AM            
I never thought this day would happen! I for one feel I have adequate protection against the cyber-idiots mentioned b4!!

I'm only trying to keep DNX going, or if the worst comes to the very worst, at least keeping a few newly made lone-wolves in a forum which is again protected!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Phreek
posted December 07, 2001 01:20 PM            
Man...you all sure take this GAME seriously!!! I just think it's a fun thing to play once in awhile. Talking about revenge and all that? I guess I dont understand but I am not sure I want to. That would mean that I understand what it's like to get upset or dislike someone over a computer game...I dont want to understand that.

Perspective

------------------
~PHREEK~

[This message has been edited by Phreek (edited December 07, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 07, 2001 01:46 PM            
don't worry Phreek. Its hard to get upset in TM, everyone is pretty much friendly.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2