|
Author Topic:   New Race/DM map for Download. :)
A2597
posted December 04, 2001 10:53 AM            
Finally finished my first map. Thanks to Kong, Sailer, Jvo, and RC for helping me learn how to tile a map properly.

get it here: http://www.b5-blender.com/Jackrabbit.zip

Please post your comments!

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

A2597
posted December 05, 2001 09:28 PM            
No comments?

------------------

IP:

KONG
posted December 05, 2001 09:51 PM            
I mostly gave up trying to get feedback a long time ago. few people have the time for such things, so they say. If you think that it is good, and it works, post it for download. start on another one

IP:

A2597
posted December 05, 2001 10:36 PM            
bummer.
I'm used to feedback, this community needs to learn that!
I try to give feedback on anything I test.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted December 05, 2001 10:53 PM            
Prob because nobody cares about racing but a select few...............TM is a deathmatch game.Racing never has caught any intrests except for maybe to blow some time in single player.Maybe JV's mod will change that?I would say concentrate on DM and CTF maps if you want people to be interested.

IP:

A2597
posted December 06, 2001 11:12 AM            
Ahh, but race maps are both race AND DM maps. I plan on only making race maps, for this reason. however there is one CTF map in making.

------------------

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 06, 2001 01:09 PM         
I hope to have some room and time to breathe after next friday (14th) - What's going to follow is a major update to TMVR and - hopefully - some project news and mod reviews.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted December 06, 2001 01:18 PM            
I finally got to test your map in DM mode and it plays really nice. I like the layout and the texturing fits well. Sorry for the delay in letting you know about it, but my new system was down for a while until I got the OpenGL problems fixed (bad DDR ram). I have also tested the weapon mods and they look good, but I have not seen the LandMines effectively work yet. I probably am not using them correctly, but I will get the hang of them. Great map - keep it up.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

A2597
posted December 06, 2001 03:21 PM            
just use them like the old plasma mines, the ones that didn't move.
hide them in a slightly damaged section of the map, preferably under a spawn point.
at the begining of a match, they stand out like a polarbear in the desert, but once the map is a little damaged, people will never see them.

------------------

IP:

Karldar
posted December 06, 2001 05:00 PM            
Dl'd your map, A. Just haven't gotten it installed yet-I'll let u know how it goes .

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Cell
posted December 06, 2001 09:10 PM         
Really nice, Hi-Speed DM map! Losta power-ups, plenty of rises to hide behind. And the background colors give you good color contrast to see enemy names.

I haven't tried racing yet, but I love those hi speed open country maps. Really makes for fast action. Keep 'em coming,A2597

And BTW, the B5 Blender Images are awesome, great desktop backgrounds. I show those to people, they can't beleive how detailed they are!When are we going to see some B5 vehicles?

IP:

A2597
posted December 06, 2001 11:07 PM            
well, can't keep it under wraps forever...
I'm making a B5Mod for Treadmarks, it will include tanks from ever major species, all new tank guns, some new maps, etc. the tanks I'm making are based on the AoG Gropos tanks, small pictures of these can be seen here: http://www.agentsofgaming.com/b5wstock.htm#gropos

scroll down, see links, click links.

------------------

IP: