|
Author Topic:   ICQ number and junk hardrives.
=DNX= Dalmatian
posted November 30, 2001 04:00 PM            
I once had my ICQ number but I suddenly had to change it after my Maxtor hardrive went bad on me. =( It's now 132820813 though. =P I'm sure nobody cares but if you want a spotty dog in a tank to shoot at then I'm here. =P BTW never buy a hardrive made by Maxtor, you have been warned. >=P

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 01, 2001 08:30 AM         
I do have a maxtor harddrive and I'm very content...

IP:

guido 1
posted December 01, 2001 11:01 AM         
i have a 20 gig 7200 maxtor and no probs , ( knock on steel ) hehe . gtmk .

IP:

guido 1
posted December 01, 2001 11:04 AM         
btw have you thought to increase your memory , then you could eliminate all that file swapping , hard on hard drives . gtmk .

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted December 01, 2001 10:51 PM            
My hardrive was a 7200 RPM Maxtor with 60 gigs of memory. I had it for about an year and a half and suddenly my computer gave me a stop message and it kept that way. I sent it to the repair shop down the road from me and they called me saying that it went bad. I told them to replace with with an superior Western Digital, 7200 RPM Hardrive which also has 60 gigs of memory and now I'm happy. =) Oh and I don't need to increas my memory because I already have 768mb of memory and that's the maximum my motherboard can handle. =)

IP:

KONG
posted December 01, 2001 11:07 PM            
some drives just go bad, kinda like cars. If you partition your hard drive into virtual drives, it wont have to search as hard for data. faster access, less wear and tear. it will also be faster to defragment, as you can do 1 partition at a time. you can also allocate a specific partition to virtual memory, wich will also speed things up. do not attempt this unless you know how. Partition magic is a very good prog to help with this. I dont think you can do this under FAT 32

------------------
http://tmkong.tripod.com/tmk also check out the central map site. http://tmmaps.tripod.com

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted December 01, 2001 11:10 PM            
I'm using NTFS and Windows 2000. I don't have fat32 but this time my hardrive is good and my regestry condition is at 100% as displayed on my norton's disk doctor display.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 02, 2001 12:23 AM            
i got me a maxtor, a fujitsu and a samsung in there - no issues...

IP: