|
Author Topic:   Weapons awaiting erradication
MexIndian
posted November 29, 2001 09:42 AM            
Now call me a sore loser cause I got my *** handed to me yesterday, but I think that some weapons aren't fit for multiplayer.

For example the tri-nuke. It makes servers all pingy cause you have not 1 but four explosions (not to mention the obvious risk of having it kill you twice in a row :p).

I forget which other ones I didn't like, mostly the ones other people used to wipe the floor with me.

Sheez, another CTF like this and I'll have to change my sig!

But the turnout was indeed very high, and we all had a good time.

------------------
Half-Mexican....Half-Indian...
All fragging extravaganza.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 29, 2001 10:17 AM            
some days your ass is on the plate - other days your the waiter.....

doesnt matter what weapons are in a game if all have access to them this i would think is fair....

ps: care to send me a mail about wed nights i can announce it on the dmf and maybe get u some more players.

IP:

Rex R
posted November 29, 2001 01:09 PM            
agreed the tri-nuke is a bit over the top but, its soo nice when you get it. prolly best thing to do is lower the weight(somewhere in the 5-10 range) and make it a truly rare weapon.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 29, 2001 01:51 PM            
I personaly get sick of DVS DUKE weapons after 15 minutes. Very cool stuff but no skill needed to use them.

wah, wah, wah

=========================
[BWL] Paranor
....this space for rent

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited November 29, 2001).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 29, 2001 04:14 PM            
Yah, I agree...
I think the nuke frequency was too high... and that's what made the land all dented.

And I think I need some help with all that stuff. I sucked pretty bad. But I'll practice!

------------------
Half-Mexican....Half-Indian...
All fragging extravaganza.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 29, 2001 04:31 PM            
I'll disagree because everybody else is agreeing I think it's cool to have something like that.It's the mother of all weapons.Maybe it does pop up too much through.

IP:

Neo
posted November 29, 2001 07:16 PM            

Personally I get sick of any mod server after playing for just a few minutes. To me, using mod weapons reminds me of eating candy. Tastes good, but too much makes ya sick.

Though I do miss the kamehameamehaemehemahamehahehahameha weapon. Oh and the MIDNIGHT too. That thing was so funny lookin...

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 29, 2001 07:29 PM            
I agree, but modded servers are fun sometimes too. I think that is why Hammer offers one of each.

And doing the weapons master file, it has allowed me to test out all of those weapons I had never heard of before, including Midnight, that thing looks like a huge football or a small blimp attached to the tank, you're right it's funny looking.

Speaking of Wednesdays CTF. Here is an animated gif of me falling from the sky after a pogo. I have learned by the way , if you jump a hill then shoot the pogo in mid air you don't go flying. This is a shot of me falling to earth only to be hit by a matter bomb from Par. Thanks Dude!

It's about 500kb so it may take a few minutes to download before it starts running at normal speed.
Wed CTF Flower Par'

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 29, 2001 09:11 PM         
That is awesome! How did you do that?
Yah , mods are often too much, but you need to change it up once and a while - if not just to frag coax with a woefully unbalanced weapon .

IP:

Rex R
posted November 30, 2001 02:23 AM            
heh looks to me like he hit F12 an just let TM capture a series of screenies, then later assembled them into a gif, I've got a gif like that(me getting hit by a bomb lobber in mid air,moon map)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 30, 2001 04:45 AM            
I just got some software that will take screens and make a avi out of them at 25fps!In other words it makes movies!Not sure how much of my resources it will eat up though....My goal is to get several movies and edit it into one good one.....if it works ok.I'm going to give a try as soon as I'm back up and running.Had to format HD

IP:

Paranor
posted November 30, 2001 04:01 PM            
What software is that super? I made a movie once - converted GIF to JPG to a MPEG. Was 30 minutes for about 30 seconds. I think. Can't find it tho.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 30, 2001 10:36 PM            
I have to find it again because my download was corupt.Can't remember the name off the top of my head.

IP:

Rex R
posted December 01, 2001 02:28 AM            
I imagine its not quite what you're looking for...but you might take a glance at http://www.neosoftware.com/index.html

IP: