|
Author Topic:   Lord of the Pings....
=DNX= Matrix
posted November 28, 2001 10:17 PM            
Whats the highest ping you ever saw ? - well next time you see it - grab a screenshot and send it in.. we started a top 10 list for high pingers.

All in good fun of course

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 28, 2001 11:22 PM            
1-9th place... Ni
10th... any1 with a screwed T1 connection

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted November 29, 2001 01:12 PM            
0th place: Me with a screwed T1 connection and a proxy server acting up. (IE, about 3000-6000 ping)

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted November 29, 2001 03:31 PM            
hah you guys all suck compared to the ping god muhahaha 10000 for 10 mins hahahaha than i lagged out of TM completly hahaha

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 29, 2001 11:52 PM            
screenie screenie

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 30, 2001 12:30 AM            
hehehe

IP:

Phreek
posted November 30, 2001 07:49 AM            
How about a top 10 for the lowest ping....or have you already done that?

(another dumb question from the newbie)

------------------
~PHREEK~

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 30, 2001 11:54 AM            
it wouldn't be as funny

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted November 30, 2001 03:51 PM            
Awwww poor goku. I'm sorry you have a modem made in 1994 =). Me on the other hand, I'm using a goodl ol cable modem with a digital amplifier. I'm pretty much a lag free type of individual. >=P

IP:

Paranor
posted November 30, 2001 04:02 PM            
A digital what?

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted November 30, 2001 08:29 PM            
Heh. It's a small device that's meant to amplify a digital cable box or a cable modem. It's nifty and I have noticed a good increase in speed when I purchased it and installed it. =)

IP:

Phreek
posted December 01, 2001 01:07 AM            
Never heard of such a thing. Do you know where I can get some info about that? Maybe a link you can throw this way?

------------------
~PHREEK~

IP:

Paranor
posted December 01, 2001 01:36 AM            
Yeah - ME WANT LINK!

Do you have technical details as to how that works?

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
...a frag a day keeps the doctor away

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted December 01, 2001 11:36 PM            
Okay now here is a thorough description of this device since I regretfully threw the box away. >.< I bought it at radioshack. It's a digital cable box amplifier/cable modem amplifier.It has an im and out socket that you screw your cable line onto. Mine is attached to my wall and it has a power cord you connect to it to plug it into the wall. I currently have it on my cable modem's line. It will some how amplify the digital signal and for a cable box, give you better picture and so on so forth. For a cable modem it will give you a good increase in internet speed. I have a picture of it and if any of you wish to see what this device looks like then e-mail me and I'll reply the pic to you. =)

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 02, 2001 01:41 PM            
I called Radio Shack and they have them. About $50. I guess if it dont work one could always take it back. lol.

IP:

Cell
posted December 02, 2001 02:02 PM         
So how does digital cable work? Do they just use digital modulation of an analog carrier signal?

Usually the cable companies try to bring the signal strength into your house at 0-3dB on a strictly analog system, and then if you split it off to numerous devices, you have to use a signal amplifier( each split uses 3dB of signal strength).

So it sounds like the device is a full wave amplifier. But I don't see how that would in any way improve your "internet speed" (i.e...bandwidth & ping), I think.... correct me if I'm wrong, inquiring minds want to know!

* Hmm, I guess if your incoming signal is too weak to be consistently received, and you suffer from high packet losses, then boosting the signal before it goes through the splitters and into the cable modem could "restore" your internet speed.

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited December 02, 2001).]

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted December 23, 2001 04:45 PM            
Just snaped this ping rate poor Poop Logged in at 5000+ logged out 5 mins later.
the screen shot (see link below 41k jpeg) comfirms the 11876 ping rate http://www.overthro.demon.co.uk/Poop_ping.jpg

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

synack
posted December 23, 2001 05:09 PM         
I was there, as the pic shows, and can vouch for the ping. It was even higher than that a few minutes earlier. Something in excess of 15000.

IP:

guido 1
posted December 23, 2001 05:18 PM         
try this to tweak your dialup www.montanasoft.com speedtec unless you want to be crowned LORD OF THE PINGS . hehe... fun GTMK .

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted December 24, 2001 11:53 AM            
a few weeks ago i had a 12,000 but no screen shot that was before this thread

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 28, 2001 12:54 PM            
Hey Matrix...When are you going to post the pics on the DMF site? I sent you one and Robo has one.

------------------
=DNX= Tiggs
DNX-Tiggs, LWA-Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.
Click...Click...BOOM!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 28, 2001 01:19 PM            
ack - didnt know it was for that man lol - ill get it done this weekend for ya - i just updated dmf as well with sites that no buigger told me about !

**stares directlly at kevlar and parnor**

lol

and updated the bwl members dropdown.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 29, 2001 11:01 AM            
ok.

I used the email link on the DMF site. Sent to pinglord or lordofping or something along those lines.

------------------
=DNX= Tiggs
Family. Redefined.
Click...Click...BOOM!

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Tiggs (edited December 29, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted December 29, 2001 11:04 AM            
Its was PingStrike.

------------------
=DNX= Tiggs
Family. Redefined.
Click...Click...BOOM!

IP: