|
Author Topic:   Screen resolution while playing TM
Phreek
posted November 27, 2001 12:59 PM            
What screen resolution and color depth do you guys use and does anyone know how much my performance would improve going from 1280x960 to 1024x768?

Also, I signed up to play as a Lonewolf but have not heard anything as of yet. I was wondering what the process is...that is to say, what is the determining factors in a player becoming a Lonewolf?

Thanks all and PEACE!

------------------
~PHREEK~

IP:

Rex R
posted November 27, 2001 01:59 PM            
think you'll just have to try it(screen res) press F1 to bring up the 'FPS' display, use this as a yardstick to compare performance at various screen res and bit depth(higher fps numbers are usually better)use the same map for comparison.
as for lone wolf status. unless you wish to 'join' the 'non-clan' LWA, you have already done all that is necessary (more than enough really)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 27, 2001 05:20 PM            
its ok phreek i got your signup - when i tried to reply the mail daemon returned it as undeliverable..

il sign you up anyway - its just that if anyone wants to make contact using the dmf it wioll be impossible - so if you change your name at any point it will leave a dead-name taking space.

IP:

synack
posted November 27, 2001 07:47 PM         
Rixy, I'm confused.

Why would you get Phreek's signup for LWA?

Frankly, I didn't know a signup existed for LWA. As has been posted (and for Phreeks benefit) "joining" LWA simply requires stating it, thus making it so.

I am LWA
I am not LWA
I am LWA again ... for awhile anyway
etc.

(never expected a sort of Spanish Inquisition)

IP:

Karldar
posted November 27, 2001 08:28 PM            
I believe Phreek and Rixy are referring to the DMF's lone wolf registration-so that one can compete in tourneys and such, not the LWA.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

synack
posted November 27, 2001 08:42 PM         
ah ... well ... never mind then.

About this Parrot I purchased from you the other day ...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 27, 2001 10:51 PM            
I run in 1024x768 because I have a 21" monitor and thats what my desktop is set at.Things look really out of porportion at 800x600 My FR is around 150 in single player at this resolution.I have a good video card too.You have to take you vcard into cosideration.

IP:

Phreek
posted November 28, 2001 12:18 AM            
Yes...I was refering to the DMF's Lonewolf reg.

Superunknown...I also have a 22" (20" viewable) monitor and my desktop is set at 1280x1024 32bit color. I have a GeForce 2 Pro w/64MB. I have been running TM @ 1280x960 but think I am going to start using 1024x768 and see if that helps a bit with the lag. As someone above suggested, I will just have to experiment a bit.

Thanks All!

IP: