|
Author Topic:   Capture
Kevlar
posted November 21, 2001 04:41 PM            
Had to show this one...

Earlier today on Hammers server we were having a little lag. SU, Synack, King John 1st, Bonzo Dog and a couple others that I can't think of right now. You could tell Hammer may have been using the server at the time to print or something, no biggy, anyhoo...

Here is a capture I took of SU depositing an airstrike on me. I could not move because of the lag and the bombs stopped above my tank one at a time until the lag stopped. So as I sat there looking at this, I managed to hit f12 and get this shot.
SU Airstrike

[EDIT]
Try this link, yahoo has that thing about linking images directly, so I made a page for it.

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited November 21, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 21, 2001 05:17 PM            
couldn't look at the pic, is the address right?

IP:

synack
posted November 21, 2001 05:26 PM         
also cannot see the pic. the url doesn't work.

had a great time, except for the laaaaaaaaaaaaaag. wish we knew what the story there was.

I love the smell of toasted Kevlar

of course, there was plenty of skewered synack around too.

Good thing I don't get paid for performance. I just love the game!

IP:

JVortex
posted November 21, 2001 05:39 PM            
heh, cool shot!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming...

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited November 21, 2001).]

IP:

Karldar
posted November 21, 2001 05:57 PM            
Beauty shot, eh!

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 21, 2001 06:23 PM            
So your screen frooze like that then you made the capture?That happens to me all the time,especially with air strikes.The screen freezes and I have the high pitch whine of the air strike nostop and all of the bombletts are hovering a inch or two above my tank.Ahh.....the wonders of dialup lag
On a side note there were a few newbies on the server at the time and Synack was doing a good job welcoming them.I've been seeing quite a few newbies on latley...has LDA been doing some promotional things?

IP:

Manray
posted November 21, 2001 06:34 PM         
I love it!! Great shot! I can imagine you sitting there saying, "c'mon, let's get this over with!"

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 21, 2001 07:22 PM            
SU, I have a DSL, I haven't noticed air strikes doing that before. That's what made me think to capture it.

And Manray, it seemed like an eternity.

Synack is referring to his heavy flamer I ran into. But I am blaming that on the lag. (Toasted Kevlar remark).

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited November 21, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted November 22, 2001 01:43 AM            
thats almost as bad as having a nuke do that(or worse looping with the nuke almost hitting you then popping back several times)

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited November 22, 2001).]

IP:

synack
posted November 22, 2001 08:17 AM         
I see you got the link fixed. Nice shot!

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 22, 2001 11:21 AM            
Thanks Synack,

Hey Rex speaking of Nukes. I added one that I got from hammer the other day, he has the whole series on his site but here is the nuke shot. Scroll to bottom.

SU Airstrike

IP:

Rex R
posted November 22, 2001 01:12 PM            
ah yes, don't you love the smell of roasted tanks in the morning

IP: