|
Author Topic:   -=[WED 7 PM]=- COME ONE COME ALL!
MexIndian
posted November 20, 2001 03:39 PM            
Get your fraggin' caps on! In addition to Sunday nights, the TM community will now unite to beat the crap out of eachother on Wednesdays at 7 PM.... STARTING TOMORROW 11/21/01.

Come one come all! This is a ONCE IN A WEEK opportunity!

Look for Paranor's server.

B there or B SQUARE!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 04:31 PM            
Square it is. I have a meeting tomorrow evening that starts at 6:30 EST and runs for about 2 1/2 hours. Only once a month, but gotta be there. Count me in the next Wednesday if it happens weekly. Missed to much lately, but work has been heavy. I miss being everyones target . LOL

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited November 20, 2001).]

IP:

synack
posted November 20, 2001 07:02 PM         
I'll be there!

Is this DDM, CDDM, CTF, what?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 07:06 PM            
I'll be there, please say its ctf.

IP:

guido 1
posted November 20, 2001 07:18 PM         
sounds good , i know it must be ddm , i hope .... sigh .... gtmk

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted November 20, 2001 08:06 PM            
I dont want to be square so I will be there....hehe

I think CTF wednesday and DDM Sundays.

IP:

KONG
posted November 20, 2001 08:25 PM            
as usual, thats 4:00 pm pacific time. not even home yet

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 10:26 PM            
Try to make it......

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted November 21, 2001 05:31 AM            
i go to a fortnightly club on saturdays and i think if it was every saturday it would loose it fun , wont it happen to this if we do it on a sunday and a wed?

just a thought

------------------
Grind & Click , Lock & Load

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 21, 2001 08:20 AM            
Grind brings up a good point... if you think it'll burn you out to play biweekly, please show up to only one of these sessions, as I would not like to give up my obligation to frag you!

And good that everyone is as available to do play as me. I was thinking about postponing, but turnout sounds like it'll be good. (Coax, you don't have to come..... lol)

And finally, on the issue of CTF or DDM..... By virtue of me, and acting on the authority given to me by me, I hereby decide that the game shall be : CTF ! But I don't have the final say... if you aren't happy with this, tell Paranor (whose server we will be playing on) and he might decide something else. I figure if it's CTF, then you will be OK by sunday, unless you play CTF on sundays in which case... ok, I'm rambling so I'll shut up now.

Frag you soon!
Toodles

------------------
Half-Mexican....Half-Indian...
All fragging extravaganza.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 21, 2001 09:24 AM            
I can do CTF but what maps did you want? Same as this past CTF DDM? Minus the 4 team maps?

IP:

synack
posted November 21, 2001 12:53 PM         
Not sure if I can be there for the 7pm Eastern start, but I will join just as soon as possible.

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 21, 2001 01:06 PM            
Yeah, definately no 4 team maps .

Other than that, I like your maps just fine. I definately don't feel the one with the lava pit in the middle with fire worms and walls steeper than most buildings though. If I want to feel frustrated I can look in other areas of my life, I don't need TM for that.

Yah, this'll be fun. Other than Kong, is 7 PM ok?

oh, yeah, you might want to say your last goodbyes because It's Going Down Tonight!

------------------

IP:

Paranor
posted November 21, 2001 02:12 PM            
I dig your signature mexindian.

IP:

Manray
posted November 21, 2001 02:32 PM         
I should be able to make it. Where do I download the additional maps? I've seen some listed on the servers that I don't have on my system. Once downloaded, where do I install them? Sorry about this guys, just getting back into the game after a long abscence.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 21, 2001 02:35 PM            
Guys - I don't know how to tell if it's a 2 team or 4 team map. I'm at work so I can't exactly bring each map up. Unless you want me to run standard CTF maps.

EDIT: It looks like weathermans CTF server is up and I believe he already edited out the 4 player maps?

KONG: Might be helpful on that map site to list 2 or 4 team maps? Thoughts on that?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited November 21, 2001).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 21, 2001 02:55 PM            
Manray, the description of the maps will have the URL where you can get the maps you need...
Unzip them and set your folder to your TM folder, everything should find it's own home (I know there was one package without this feature, but I don't remember who).

Mayhaps it would be best to play with stock maps this time around, then we can make shur everyone knows where to get the maps we'll be playing on. I don't remember if the stock maps are any good or not. If no one digs this idea, then we can play on WM's server.

As long as I've got fresh bodies, I'm good to go.
and cheers, Par, on the sig.

------------------

IP:

Karldar
posted November 21, 2001 04:04 PM            
I'll try to be there, folks. I need some CTF practice anyways-lol. As far as the 4 team maps go-we could always do as WM suggested and swap teams if we don't have a flag...or we could just treat those maps as DDM's...or we could all just chase Mex around the map relentlessly for bringin' back the weekday matches-hehe.

BTW, Mex-are you part Asian Indian, American Indian or Mexican Indian...or something else? Just curious. KTPE

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 21, 2001 05:40 PM            
Asian Indian. Cool, no? Best of both worlds is what the women say

And you can try chasing me, just remember I can run one way and aim aonther....

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 21, 2001 06:33 PM            
Bump for you people reading this at the last minute....

IP:

synack
posted November 22, 2001 08:20 AM         
so ... what happened after some of us got the map-load-failure as the new game started? I bailed out at that point. My daughter and friends were taking over the room anyway.

IP:

Karldar
posted November 22, 2001 06:00 PM            
We headed over to WM's CTF server and a lot more people started showin' up around 8 EST. It was great fun. Good flagging and fragging all 'round .

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

KONG
posted November 22, 2001 06:15 PM            
notice that Skandranon has been popping up too. cmon dude, forget about those other games. u know u want TM. hey skan get me on icq, plz. 121874226

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 24, 2001 05:01 PM         
Hope it went well and ppl still have a taset for CTF this Sunday

Par, RC puts a number in his all of his map names indicating the number of team i.e.CTFNeyPyramids4 . He also says number of team in his MapsReadme.txt (which lists all of his maps) . Anyone feel up to adding reviews and descriptions to my Maplist?
WM

IP: