|
Author Topic:   Day of week to play other than DDM
MexIndian
posted November 19, 2001 06:57 PM            
OK, so DDM is all well and good, but for all of those that play TM on their work comp. because it's faster and has DSL, (I'm not alone here right guys?..... guys?.....)

But yah, for a while people where getting together on wed. and playing. But that kinda fell appart, now it's kinda disorganized. Is it a common interest to specify a certain day of the week to play?

It just isn't the same to frag AIs.

IP:

synack
posted November 19, 2001 07:10 PM         
I usually look for a game almost every night, somewhere between 5 and 8 pm Eastern.

There's usually a bunch of guys online, but as you say, there hasn't really been anything formal mid-week for awhile.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 19, 2001 07:21 PM            
if you want to schedule something Mexindian go ahead

IP:

guido 1
posted November 19, 2001 07:58 PM         
sounds good to me , maybe someone would be interested in a dm this sunday , some would prefer a dm over ctf , i was playin dm on another server , and about 12 or more players showed up , a hell of a lotta fun , they couldn't play on the ctf , so came over , nice turnout , some players i hadn't heard of before , most damn good .... hehe ... guido the mercy killer .

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 19, 2001 09:52 PM            
I was the one that got Wed things going.Then I got busy in school and Wed became my homework day.Never had very many people attend anyway.I think the people that did come were coming to play a game and didn't know anything about it.You may have better luck then I did.Are you talking about something during the daytime?While you are at work?

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted November 19, 2001 10:55 PM            
I play almost every night. Didn't we have Wed night the CTF night and Sunday's was DDM. Maybe we could set it up that way. Two teams to make it easy to find the flags

Thats my 2 cents worth.

IP:

A2597
posted November 19, 2001 11:17 PM            
How about this

Sunday: DDM

Teusday: CTF

Friday: Race
?

I've *NEVER* seen a race server.

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

KONG
posted November 19, 2001 11:46 PM            
it's been tried. after a few days it gets old

------------------
and check out the central map site. [URL=http://tmmaps.tripod.com]http://tmmaps.tripod.com

IP:

KONG
posted November 19, 2001 11:53 PM            
ditto

------------------
and check out the central map site. [URL=http://tmmaps.tripod.com]http://tmmaps.tripod.com

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted November 20, 2001 01:50 AM            
hows about:

i dress up as a hula dancer and throw chickens at people while screaming ACH ITS NAE GEED LADDIE NEA GEED AT AAH

that help? =)

------------------
Grind & Click , Lock & Load

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 04:12 AM            
We did everything Wednesday nights except for straight up DDM.I didn't want to take anything from Sundays.You could even through in a race to make A1800 happy
You really have to get out there and drill it into peoples' heads if you want them to show though.

IP:

synack
posted November 20, 2001 07:20 AM         
Willie, you're a hoot, man!

IP:

Paranor
posted November 20, 2001 11:32 AM            
If you see a server and want one - even temporarily - just ask me and I can whip one up.

Or ask WM but in this case he's already has 2 running and the bum is camping. Got enough time to camp and spend quality time with his other buddies but not enough time to play treadmarks. GEEZ!

IP:

Dreamer
posted November 20, 2001 12:04 PM         
guido - have you considered placing the "guido the mercy killer" bit in your signature? Would probably save you a lot of typing

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 20, 2001 01:04 PM            
yah I don't have a server up, but Paranor, if you want that responsability, then good. I personally never play ddm due to the afore mentioned problem, so yeah I'm down with doing it once a week.

Since I started the thread I will follow the path of least resistance and say wed. @7:00 PM EST ctf and maybe race ( I hate racing, I'm sooo bad, but I'll do it iff everyone wants). I guess it's really up to Par, since it's his server.

How's that?

Also, how to get it into people's head's?

cheers

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 20, 2001 01:09 PM            
or we could use WM servers... I like both, so it really doesn't matter. Par, do you know if WM will be checking this at some point before wed?

------------------
Half-Mexican....Half-Indian...
All fragging extravaganza.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 02:05 PM            
Advertise advertise advertise Start a new thread annoucing it and try to keep it bumped.Then it helps to have a ton of ICQ players in your ICQ contact list so you can see who's on ICQ and invite them before it happens.
Good luck.I'll do the first campaign if you want me too...by this Wednesday?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 20, 2001 02:07 PM         
Yep
I will be putting up one if not both of Sundays DCTF servers today(mod maps on both). You can use them for Wed if you wish - only thing is the message will be off. An advantage of Par hosting is that he can make the server message read "DCTF Wed at 8 ....." Maybe even have it be a DDM so ppl are not burned out on CTF by Sunday.

Hey Par- You know I miss TM and giving you guys beatings - why else would I keep serving. It is hard not to play (even harder now that I fianlly got DSL!) but I just can't. I can set up a server in about 15 minutes, but I can't play for only 15 mins . On a positive note, my research has be picking up and the Weathergirl is much happier with me lately (nudge-nudge, - ). I assure you I am trying to finsh my research as quickly as possible so I can devote some time to playing this addictive game.

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 20, 2001 03:07 PM            
This is the problem, I don't have ICQ here... I am an AIM type of guy, BUT, Supe, you're hired! I hereby encommend you with the task of presenting innocent bystanders for me to frag tomorrow. Is the time ok (7 PM)?
Thanks for the post WM, I think we'll use Par's server for now.

Yeah, so I'll start a new thread telling people to come on over. Let's hope for good turnout.

------------------

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 20, 2001 04:34 PM            
CRAP! I just remembered...... this wed. is thanksgiving..... do you think that the TM community will be around or should we postpone?
I guess I should have asked before posting the new thread, no? lol

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 10:31 PM            
Thanksgiving is Thursday but you're right...it still might effect the number of players since I know people have meals on days besides Thurs.

IP: