|
Author Topic:   Thank you WEATHERMAN
coax
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 09:58 PM            
I love your DDM server Weather I only got spiked twice. Best ping i ever had. Thankyou for serving

IP:

Irascible
posted November 18, 2001 10:40 PM            
Bump to the gratitude... to you Weatherman and everyone who gives of their resources freely. I frankly don't know, but I'm guessing that there isn't too many online gaming communities that are so completely dependent on the generosity of its players. That goes for all the modders too.

I better stop before I start sounding too "warm and cozy". Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some nacho cheese to clean off my t-shirt (yeah, I know, YSSG gave a retraction of sorts - but he gave me so much good material ).

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 19, 2001 04:01 AM            
Appreciated

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 19, 2001 05:05 AM         
You are welcome - boy now I am feeling warm and fuzzy . Sorry about the oddites this time around. Shall we try it again next week (modded DCTF) to get it all worked out. Seems a shame to only do an organized CTF once in a great while. Supe, you want to resurrect Wed nite rumbles?

IP:

Karldar
posted November 19, 2001 08:27 AM            
Yeah, thx, WM! That hadta be the most f'ed up CTF I've ever seen-lol. Well, modwise anyway. I had quite a bit o' lag, but it was no biggie since I hadta go 2 work. I think it might be a good idea to remind DDM/DCTF(think it used to be DFF) participants to lower their netrate setting. I play with mine at 2-3K consistently, but I'm sure there are many players who don't even know to check it.

Anyhoo, thx again for the servers. U rok, man!

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Neo
posted November 19, 2001 11:28 AM            
Just a suggestion-- IMO, team damage should be turned off for DCTF matches. Refer to this thread for more specific reasoning: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001608.html . Theoretically, someone could camp out at their team's flag and blow away teammates who are attempting to get a flag cap(ture). Good thing no-one exploited that possibility last night--would have been real annoying.

IP: