|
Author Topic:   E-Bitching
YoungSSJ
posted November 18, 2001 04:02 AM            
Ok this is about that Flame thread Started by [TAMU]Savage, yes TAMU not TAMBU smart guy SuperUnknown, as in Texas A&M University, its funny how you and Irascible get off by blathering about how your so superior, you probably blow at quake and CS and need some consoling insult rocketing to ease your simple minds. Look, I know you feel all warm and cozy because your part of the great TM community and your a million times better then any one elses community and all that jibba jabba<=(thanks Mr T). but guess what not everyone is going to follow your rules. You can sit here and blather all you want about how its "irritating" to get shot while spawning, and your golden rule? lets just say thats 10 pounds of bull Sh#% in a 5 pound sack. if you guys even knew what real battle or being a warrior is all about then you would understand that the true warrior aims not to please or make people feel good, but rather to fight and to win and to make the other guy die for his country rather than you for your own, try run that through your head as you wipe that nacho cheese off of your undershirt. In battle You fight to win and do it however you know how, and quit your moaning about tank chivilry, you spawn/chat/stop in front of me, i'll turn you into a toaster or some other USEFUL item. End of rant, Just Defending a Fellow Aggie to all those agitated at this point. GIG EM AGGIES!!!!!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 04:45 AM            
You forget there are rules in war. Or was the idea of marching in a long line abroad a civil war battlefield and standing taking aim across a field lost on you. Even in today’s times there are still rules. And for your own information Super has served in the military so saying he is not a warrior or knows nothing about it makes you look like an idiotical buffoon.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 04:58 AM            
Ahh...I'll make this simple for you and your friend.If you play online,you're going to be playing on some TM players personal server.Hope you and "Tambu" like playing on a LAN together /boot YoungSSJ.Nobody in this game is cocky.We are all friends and we enjoy playing against each other on the servers.I think you and Tamu better stick to Quake.You'd feel more at home.If you and Tamu stop acting like a couple of middle schoolers,you would probablly recieve a warmer welcome and your input would be appreciated.Maybe you should change your names and try it again.

IP:

JVortex
posted November 18, 2001 05:14 AM            
aside from all that take a look at the "type" of people who play TM. its 90% professional/ technical types. in most games the average player is a snot nosed kid (not meant in an insulting way).

we play not for the "honor" of being number 1, but for the fun of it (of course people try for number 1, have to have something to aim for). we actually do CARE about hurting other players feelings or pissing them off and even tend to feel a bit bad when someone does get miffed. the same cant be said for most other game communities where 1/2 the time the goal is to stomp on as many people as u can to win.

thats the main reason for "those" kinds of posts. just to set some general guidelines for those who wish to abide by them. TM is a gentelmans game for the most part really. of course no one expects EVERYONE to go by these guidelines.

bottom line i think is that this isnt a group of competitors, its a group of friends who just happen to enjoy blowing each other up.

personally i think that a "real" warrior is one who can follow a few rules and statutes of honor and STILL manage to win, thus proving superiority by means of pure and predictable skill, rather than someone who wins by use of "sneaky" tacticts.

its really not much fun to get nailed by a cruise missile that was shot by someone from the other side of the map (sneaky maneuver example). it may be kinda fun for the person firing it, but its just annoying to the person who got hit by it.

its fun however to get fragged by coax, for example, when hes comming at you with a mass driver, you can see it comming and take an active part in your death. sure chances are youre gonna die, but this way at least BOTH people have fun in the death.

its really just that its obvious in a game like this that there will be a winner and a looser, may as well make sure that its fun for both people involved. right?

[/anti-rant]

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 18, 2001 05:53 AM            
YoungSSJ and Savage,

If there hasn't been a warm welcome to you enjoying a great GAME like Tread Marks, then let me be the first. Welcome to the Tread Marks community!

Please remember that this small community is vast and diverse in it's players and techniques. There is however one common thread. We all aim to play together by a common set of rules because it's only a game to enjoy. I'm sure that football or any other sports game would be more interesting if you could really kill the opposition. Then you would win the game everytime, right? But what fun would that be?

The whole point to having some basic rules and guidelines in this community is to ensure fairness and that people will enjoy coming back to play. There's a lot of new people who play this game. For example, some of the players are young kids who shouldn't have to come across any foul language during play. So we "remind" new players of some basic rules to keep the game in check. And like players who don't want to play by "the rules" can always find another forum to play in, like Dennis Rodman. I'm sure you can understand this. If you don't want to play the way that the majority has ruled, you can always put up your own server with your own "rules" or lack thereof. It's rather fun, actually.

I'm glad you're proud to be an Aggie and that truely shows. However, I'm not sure how to take your comment about being in real battle or a warrior.

"if you guys even knew what real battle or being a warrior is all about then you would understand that the true warrior aims not to please or make people feel good, but rather to fight and to win and to make the other guy die for his country rather than you for your own"

In all seriousness, I take it that you've served our great country in one of it's five military branches? If so, then I salute my fellow service member/veteran and encourage you to swap memories and stories. If not, you might be careful of the way you try to imitate the bravery and courage of those who have provided for the security of your freedoms or even suggest that we as veterans don't have a clue. And no...paintball isn't even close. You may be venting but that's no excuse to try to suggest that you've been in a true military firefight. I can tell you firsthand that it isn't very "fun". Any "true" warrior knows that the purpose of war is not to win but to make the opposition to surrender...and not always by any means possible. If you have truely served, you would remember the Code of Conduct, yes? Or perhaps you need another lesson? Perhaps you want to join and serve? I'll be glad to help you out.

IP:

Irascible
posted November 18, 2001 06:26 AM            
Little quote from the aforementioned tread:

"My God if this was mentioned in Counter Strike or Quake or any other game for that matter you'd all be mad fun of."

Just wanted to make sure you got it straight as to who implied some sort of superiority and who was responding to it. You seemed a little confused.

As to The Golden Rule, I'm curious if you're gonna tell that same God mentioned in the quote that it's 10 pounds of bull sh#% in a 5 pound sack when you meet him. I'd love to be there when you try... hehe.

IP:

Cell
posted November 18, 2001 07:47 AM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 18, 2001 11:48 AM         
LOL! I know this was instigated by the new ppl, but this is a great example of too much chatting , too little fragging (not that I can talk) . This is a dead horse, guys, spanking it won't make these Aggies any less alienated. There are games where chat fragging is appropriate and where it is not. No golden rules, no penalties for inappropriate chat fragging except getting a cheap kill called such.

BTW -Looking forward to a good game next Saturday - Hook 'em |,,|/ !

IP:

KONG
posted November 18, 2001 11:59 AM            
HEY, I'm the one who does all the flaming around here. Tryin to put me outa work? I got kids to feed. Let me get the shop steward over here.

------------------
http://tmkong.tripod.com/tmk and check out the central map site. http://tmmaps.tripod.com

IP:

Irascible
posted November 18, 2001 02:01 PM            
BTW, The Golden Rule is actually something commonly taught in church to young children. It says "Treat others like you would want to be treated.". So it's not MY golden rule, it's THE golden rule as taught to me at a young age. Sorry about any confusion... didn't realize I was dealing with so many pagans .

Edit: reminder to you pagans = joke!!!

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited November 18, 2001).]

IP:

Karldar
posted November 18, 2001 03:41 PM            
I'm part heathen, myself...

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Cell
posted November 18, 2001 04:02 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 04:17 PM            
Well put JV and others.I think you hit the bullseye

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 08:22 PM            
Well done all. I think they have been targeted - lined up in the crosshairs and have been throughly fragged. By the way aren't Aggies those things I used to play with when I was a kid (no not on the Ark) . Oh yeah it was called marbles. Maybe they will find theirs soon.

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited November 18, 2001).]

IP:

guido 1
posted November 18, 2001 09:01 PM         
give em a break , their new to tm , i'm glad to see new players , keep comin back , as the others can tell you , i'm a pleasant soul ..... hehehehehe ..... fun ... guigo the mercy killer . p.s. i am hoping for a huge server from lda , i believe the game is due to really take off big , and i'd like to see a public server , where all can agree to disagree .... hehe ... that rhymes .

IP:

Irascible
posted November 18, 2001 09:57 PM            
All this time I was pronouncing it "geedo". I finally came around and went with the "gweedo" pronounciation. Now I learn it's "geego"... sounds alien to me. I think those past comments about ME being an alien were merely a projection caused by the fear of being found out. I think it is YOU who is the visitor from unearthly realms... Mr. Guigo.

(A mostly inside joke between me and Guydough.)

IP:

guido 1
posted November 19, 2001 08:19 PM         
thx rash , ur right it's guido , as in gweedo , got the name from the movie " risky buisness " the part where their in the porsche running from guido the killer pimp , funny movie , you may have seen it . if not u might like it , it has nice lookin babes in it , unless u have a different preference . how did u get the nickname " RASH anyway , let me guess , 3 dollar alley in 1970 in the phillipines , so ur an old salt arrrr maties . hehehe .... fun ... guido tmk . sniff .... karldar likes pie . let them eat cake .......99endrun

IP:

uck
posted November 23, 2001 06:31 PM            
well I just got one thing to say;

LoLoLoLoLoLoLoloLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoloLoLoLoLoLoLLoLoLoLoLoLoLoloLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoloLoLoLoLoLoLLoLoloLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLoloL!!!!!!

IP: