This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM 11/18 8pm?
The Weatherman
posted November 16, 2001 02:59 PM         
Hey Treads,
Sooooo what do you want to do for next DDM? I am happy to host but I need to know what yall are up for. Ideas are CTF (1 or 2 servers), Regular DDM, Chaos DDM (no Teams), or race. Need Input! Par?

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved ;)

IP:

A2597
posted November 16, 2001 03:49 PM            
I vote
RACE!!!!
(Favorite part of TM)

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted November 16, 2001 04:06 PM            
ooooooooo i vote CTF hasn't been that in a long time

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted November 16, 2001 04:08 PM            
I am more for shooting than racing. Beyond that, I don't mind too much. I think some of the killers out there will object to anything but a DM, though.

BTW, Weatherman, I think your page and the info on it is great. I have a server set up at home, but no decent net connection for it. I am about to start a new thread where hopefully information can be compiled to make it easy for the person with resources but not much knowledge to set up a server. The more the better, right?
mELON cRACKER [LWA]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 16, 2001 04:36 PM            
good idea melon, I vote for race or ctf. I'm stock DDM pooped out, plus it'll just put me more behind at my site

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Paranor
posted November 16, 2001 05:02 PM            
ctf

IP:

A2597
posted November 16, 2001 07:37 PM            
how about the a MODDED server? keeping the more militeristic/non super weapons?

(Ideas include, landmine,all the types of mirvs, mine throwers, grenade missiles, ice balls, etc, or even just a bunch of server side mods?)

One of the things I love about TM is the server side mods, shame more servers don't make use of them...

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 16, 2001 11:08 PM            
CTF is always fun.Race never had very many followers online.If it is CTF are you going to make it where the mass destructions weapons spawn more.......like before.I really like it that way...hard to even see the flag when you have 10 people sitting on it
BTW WM...you asked how your server ran last week and I forgot to reply.It ran great for me.Seemed to run a little faster than usuall.

IP:

KONG
posted November 17, 2001 01:18 AM            
CTF, and use of the modded maps. sailors' criss cross. really want to try it online. think that the ctf builds more comradere' between players.

------------------
http://tmkong.tripod.com/tmk and check out the central map site. http://tmmaps.tripod.com

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 17, 2001 05:50 AM            
Yes add the mod ctf maps. But, make sure to list them and even make an eazy zip of them for us lazy butts

IP:

BamZipPow
posted November 17, 2001 07:39 AM            
Might not be able to be there....so frag a little for me. Will try to take my main comp with me...that's pretty bad, huh? If you don't see me on Sunday...well, I tried my best to get on. Until next fragfest...

IP:

Cell
posted November 17, 2001 08:00 AM         
How about a DDM with the Spawn Fraggers vs. Chat Fraggers vs. Honor Society vs. Cheatin' Nuke Swipers (thats Synack!) vs. Reverse Spawn & Chat Fraggers vs. the Cheese Eaters vs...

IP:

synack
posted November 17, 2001 08:19 AM         
ROTFLMAO!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 17, 2001 12:12 PM         
Seems like the CTFs have it.
Here is what I am going to do...
I am going to set up 2 DCTF servers - one modded, one unmodded. Both will be limited to 16 players and have weapons of mass destruction turned up 25%. The limits suck but i remember the 24 player CTF debacle. Also no one wants connction lag when they are running for their lives with a flag . The unmoded will be for overflow and for people who haven't downloaded the map. Here is the maplist for The modded CTF Server.

ctfcupandsaucer by Kong
ctfchevron by Kong
ctfcrossover by Sailor
ctfacidmoat by Random Chaos
ctfgalaxy by Random Chaos
ctfkronos by Kong
ctfpyramids by Random Chaos
ctfvolcanoisle by Random Chaos
ctfwagonwheel by Sailor
ctfwhirlybird by Kong

These are essentially all of the maps from Kongs excellent and useful site less Spirals and Ring. I will also use the stock maps less the water one. I have all of them in a monolithic zip for your lazy butts at http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/DCTF.zip
The server prolly won't be up until tomorrow. Please ICQ people and let em know so there will be a good turnout and ppl know where to get the maps. Any suggestions or major complaints?

Thanks, mELON cRACKER. I am glad you like the page. Definitely the more the merrier I will add some extra stuff on there that I have been thinking about lately , too. Thanks for the feedback on the server speed, Supe. I will use that machine for the modded server this Sunday.

Sorry, I can't do the modded weapons server - too many decisions and would take too much time to do it right. However, If someone wants to take it upon themselves to make BALANCED SSO server pack and sent it to me, I will host it for a later DDM. This is something that has been desired for a long time!

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 17, 2001 12:12 PM         
Double Click spam

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited November 17, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 17, 2001 12:57 PM            
hmmmmm

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted November 17, 2001 06:29 PM            
ahh **** looks like i fot some d-laoding to do

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted November 18, 2001 01:18 PM            
Ah Cell... ya forgot funky curry flavour ingestors!!!

Cheers WM!! Am right on it! For some reason I couldn't dl from Kong's site nor the link on Par's server notes!

------------------
Lemon Curry?!?!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 18, 2001 04:29 PM            

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 18, 2001 04:38 PM         
Okay, the servers are up. Please hop on them and make sure they are working correctly (I have no way of checking them).
I will be in the lab until 7 EST and can make changes until then. johnsan@che.utexas.edu

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]

IP:

guido 1
posted November 18, 2001 08:39 PM         
well i found out a little late that the dm is not on tonight . ctf with modded maps is fine if i'd known to download them earlier . sigh ... just another elitest ploy to keep some members out of the competition . we started keeping track of the scores for dm , and now all changes , how convenient . if you want to do both that's fine with me , but don't change in the middle of a dm competition , and then limiting the number of players is a bit much . just rename it the old boy tm clan , i could undestand that , a bunch of crap to put it mildly . for any of you who would like to do a regular dm on any night of the week , let me know , leave the special maps to the guy's who want ctf , me i prefer dm . this has not been a fun rant .... shame ... guido tmk .

IP:

KONG
posted November 18, 2001 08:49 PM            
hmmm. lets see guido.. this thread was started on the 15th. WM asked what we wanted. umm, A vote? that was 3 days ago.

to simplify things lets just say that the ppl who take the time to run servers dont have to ask us. but they do. sooo, if u would have responded 3 days ago then you might have had a voice. you didn't, so chill out.

IP:

TM BIO Guest 1
posted November 18, 2001 08:54 PM            
Hey guido, why dontcha do like supe and organize some dm's and stuff or even some ladder matches?

IP:

Rex R
posted November 18, 2001 10:06 PM            
methinks we need to agree on just how many flags there are. had 4 teams and 2 flags on most maps. got rather confusing half the peeps were playing ctf and the rest were playing dm(I think, not really sure).

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 19, 2001 01:54 AM            
I know i was half an hour late downloading the maps. And I seemed to be the first person to realize there were 4 teams for 2 flags?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2