This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   SpawnKilling, ReverseSpawnKilling, ChatKilling
[TAMU]Savage
posted November 14, 2001 06:01 PM         
I have never seen such a bunch of whiners in my life. Honestly a kill is a kill no matter how u get it. "Dont shoot me I was typing" Who fricken cares? you chose to chat, and i chose to kill you. You dont want to die? dont respawn, dont chat, or type faster. My God if this was mentioned in Counter Strike or Quake or any other game for that matter you'd all be mad fun of. Spawn killing? you get a gun when u spawn, and if u happen to not get one, get out or turn and fire back. Reverse spawn killing is even more stupid. "No attacking me i wasnt ready for you" give me a fricken break. PLAY THE GAME for crying out loud. Whats next, "Dont shoot, my turret was in the sun and my chasse was facing 45 degrees northwest" Or "dont shoot, i'm on fire!", play the game and shut up already.

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 14, 2001 06:26 PM            
Agreed.

IP:

Karldar
posted November 14, 2001 06:42 PM            
Agreed(tho a bit harsher than what I was gonna post-lol).

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

Cell
posted November 14, 2001 06:47 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 14, 2001 07:18 PM            
I like the way you think, but it's happened to me that certain people camp at spawn points (happens only on maps where there are few spawn points).

But I can definately handle a NO-QUARTER WHATSOEVER decision if that's what everyone thinks.... }

Git sum!

IP:

Neo
posted November 14, 2001 07:30 PM            
LOL

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted November 14, 2001 07:53 PM            
ok guys i hate to tell you this but stop crying babies practice what you preach you guys told me to forjive and forget and i did it so why cant all of you guys you pusseys

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

A2597
posted November 14, 2001 08:38 PM            
agreed. No waiting for people to spawn, but I spawn with turret read to fire, always. I grey into online gaming on WoT, there you learned to find a dark corner before chatting, and learned how to defend yourself with no real weapons after spawning...

I can understand that some people don't like spawn fragging, but really, it does NOT give you much of an advantage, 80% verses 100% right? (Unless hes waiting with a powerful weapon). I've been spawn fragged, I don't care if it happens a few times. but I DO care when I get spawn fragged repeatedly by the same person. (It's happened) I've seen people waiting at spawn points as well. THOSE are the people I don't like.

Mostly, I can frag would-be spawn killers, so long as they do not have a cruise, flamer, or ramdrill. (Nukes included, I know a few, myself included, are into point blank nukes)

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 14, 2001 08:39 PM            
Its a curtesy, if you won't do it I won't do it with you.

IP:

Karldar
posted November 14, 2001 09:07 PM            
Just to add my 2 1/2 Pfennig, plus tax-I was thinkin' about this topic at work the other night and I came to this conclusion: Everyone should follow their own conscience when it comes to TM manners. If spawn/chat/reversespawn/pie killing doesn't bother you, fire away. If you don't wanna do it, don't. Simple as that. People on both sides r gonna bitch about it anyway. Think about this, tho: Seumas didn't code it so that players spawn invincible. IMO, that's what he thought would work best for TM and it sounds like a lot of trouble to change. Y not leave it alone and enjoy the game. That's y I came back-because I love the game. I like to win(not that I do), but I enjoy the camaraderie in this community too much to worry about who's spawnfragging who. 'Sides, the players that are really obnoxious about it have to worry about coax comin' after them .

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 14, 2001 10:52 PM            
OMG!!......are you trying to say Quake and CS players are equal to TM players?I don't know......I'd like to think TM players would draw the line somewhere when trying to get frags.Hmmm......this is probably somebody who just changed their name or took up a new ID.Why would a newbie who I have never seen on the server come in and start something?
Quake is a brain dead game where it takes absolutley no skill to frag.Oh,unless you count finding the rocket launcher a skill
We all know each other.We are not killing stangers here.It may be acceptible to CAMP or use AUTO AIM in Quake but is that something that really should be done?Its acceptible in Quake because you are usually playing with people you don't know and you might not every see again so I guess you could frag your own team mates for that matter.So of course you could care less about pissing somebody off in bigger games
Like coax said......it something people choose out of a courtesy.I don't want to piss people of by running over them when they hit the ground.
Looks like this community is divided on this issue.Who cares.I'm not going to knowingly spawn or chat frag someone.You choose to not care then fine.Maybe I'll get a little gold star next to my name when I see Saint Peter

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited November 14, 2001).]

IP:

Irascible
posted November 14, 2001 11:22 PM            
"I have never seen such a bunch of whiners in my life."

Hmmm. And you are doing exactly what TS? I started the "SPAWN FRAG THIS" thread because I saw exactly... drum roll please... two players complaining in a DDM. It was irritating enough to... whine. But, in reality, it's a small percentage. In case you hadn't noticed, the vast majority of the responses also had no whining.

But YOUR whining isn't what rubbed me the wrong way. Comparing us to other gaming communities? Not in your dreams. The only reason that people even think to complain about spawn frags is because they've had the chance to experience the opposite. Players like Supe have enough class to give a spawner a chance. Why? Because SOMETIMES it IS irritating to be fragged several times in a row before you even hit the ground. So Supe and some others practice The Golden Rule... something else that your other gaming communities would also laugh at IF they even had any clue what it was.

You probably are responding to a vocal minority of players with a little complaining of your own. Perhaps you don't mean anything by it. Fine. But IF you actually want to paint us with a broad brush, and ESPECIALLY if you want to compare us negatively to other online gamers, you can blow it out your pea shooter.

(Edit: Darn it Supe! You stole my thunder! By the time I bother I hit submit you already blasted him. I better stop... don't want to be accused of whining... hehe.)

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited November 14, 2001).]

IP:

Irascible
posted November 14, 2001 11:32 PM            
BTW, Goku: Your choice of a misspelled personal pronoun (Neo's right, that is a noun!) at the end of your response doesn't exactly bolster my touting of the TM community. Perhaps you should learn HOW to tell us what you HATE to tell us with some class before you make such an illiterate attempt at it.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited November 15, 2001).]

IP:

Neo
posted November 15, 2001 02:17 AM            
LOL

(Actually, I believe the word was used as a noun.)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 15, 2001 03:35 AM            
Hehe......I saved a little thunder for you Ira Well...I think more than half of the people playing try not to do this.It may have started with a few but it grew because it made sense and seemed like the thing to do.I've noticed in every game I have played since this topic was introduced, there are tons of players that let you have a chance now.It's greatly appreciated and Mr.Tambu can go back to Quake and frag his team mates,chat frag,camp,use invisible skins,use auto aim.....blah blah blah, if he dosen't care

IP:

JVortex
posted November 15, 2001 07:27 AM            
ya know, personally im rather sick of how seriously people seem to be taking this topic all in all. but there are 2 good things to have come out of it

1) in a game community something as small and rediculous as this is actually the biggest problem we have available to bitch about.

2) the term "Blow it out your pea shooter" was coined.

lol, i love that one!

everybody shut up!

Lets go frag somethin'

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 15, 2001 08:11 AM            
I choose to remain silent on this issue due to the fact that it may affect my gender

IP:

peeeto
posted November 15, 2001 08:17 AM         
SuperU - regarding your 2nd to last post, i believe you meant "Saint Peeeto", right?

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 15, 2001 11:41 AM            
I think he's right... it is St. Peeto after I spawnfragged him.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 15, 2001 12:29 PM            
lol - this thread made my day.

"blow it out your pea shooter".
snicker

Maybe savage can buy this tshirt: http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/apparel/38aa.shtml

And super can have this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/apparel/388e.shtml

IP:

Rex R
posted November 15, 2001 12:38 PM            
mayhap this one for neo et al http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/apparel/377a.shtml

IP:

Neo
posted November 15, 2001 02:10 PM            
LOL

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 15, 2001 02:13 PM            
Ditto.....lol.St.Peeeto huh?..hehe

IP:

JVortex
posted November 15, 2001 03:11 PM            
nice to see that someone has made some clothes specifically with TM in mind

IP:

MexIndian
posted November 15, 2001 06:13 PM            
I think they target geeks everywhere, without worrying about their poison of choice.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2