|
Author Topic:   Par's Map Server
Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 01:14 AM            
Just to let everyone know, Par is hosting some of the new maps from Kong, Sailor, Neoki, RC and me. Some ppl where asking where to get the maps:

Go here to download all of the TM user maps in 3 parts (about 5 mb each):
Tread Maps

or for those low on bandwidth... (*cough* Goku...) Paranor also created a map pack with just the ones he has on the server. One zip file about 5.76MB

mapsr1.zip

IP:

Irascible
posted November 14, 2001 01:41 AM            
Yes!!! Do it. I saw a few of them and they are awesome.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 14, 2001 09:45 AM            
Cool stuff!

Note to those who actually read the BB: Notice it says "R1". That means if I modify it (like add more maps) it will be R2 and thus might require another download. So plz pay attention. I'll have full info in the description field.

Or you can download all the maps and not worry about it.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 14, 2001 11:32 AM            
The map server is great. I played last night with Irascible, Kevlar, Paranor, King John 1st, and others and we had a great time. Although I definitely need practice (been working on maps too much - need to do some more).
Paranor thanks for hosting the maps, they do look great. I loved that one that Neoki created - cool textures. Thanks again had a great time last night.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Paranor
posted November 14, 2001 01:41 PM            
Hey Kevlar - I put your clubhouse under water by shooting a nuke through the front door. lol

And then I used it's roof to get some high jumps.

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
...a frag a day keeps the doctor away

IP:

A2597
posted November 14, 2001 01:56 PM            
hehe, I'm in the low bandwidth wagon too. 2.5 - 3.5 K/sec dialup. I fequent files in the 100 megabyte range though. hehehe

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 02:25 PM            
Par, I joined a game earier today but only ai's were there and the club house was at the bottom of a huge crater. I spent the first few minutes saying to myself I know I put the club house on this map... where is it.

Maybe that was your handy work.

IP:

Robu1
posted November 14, 2001 04:45 PM            
Are these different maps than Kong's site?

[This message has been edited by Robu1 (edited November 14, 2001).]

IP:

Robu1
posted November 14, 2001 04:49 PM            
nevermind

IP:

Kevlar
posted November 14, 2001 04:54 PM            
No, Kong's site has the packs with every TM map to date. Sort of a master map pack. Par just picked a few from Kongs site for his R1 server. He will pick more maps from Kongs site for his CTF and R2 server so if you have a good connection you might as well get em' all at Kongs

Tread Maps

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted November 14, 2001 07:48 PM            
:-P so i have a low bandwith and i love it so bite me and anyways i got it d-laoded after 5 hours and a lot of cursing and ctl-alt-del

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP: