|
Author Topic:   Well...talk about luck!
A2597
posted November 13, 2001 01:54 PM            
I was on a server yesterday. spawned on top of a cruise. saw the person who fragged me, AND a gold box, started towards the gold box when I saw another cruise spawn in the SAME place! Alright!
Shot the cruise, picked up the second one, and went for the gold box. Got it, shot my second cruise, and heard "The Shadow Has Arrived" Turned around, and in the SAME place I had gotton BOTH cruises was the shadow! So, aimed and shot my second cruise, grabbed the shadow, and while watching my cruise (Didn't move) a gold box spawned right where I was. (Oops, I know your not supposed to reload, but seriously, it was on accident, I didn't think it would spawn a gold box!)
so, went around fragging like nuts, hit a jump while chasing somebody, and landed on ANOTHER gold box. LMAO, got put in the lead in < 5 minutes.

Thats the first time I've had accidental reloads with the shadow...but man, that spawn point was a BIG help!

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 13, 2001 02:03 PM            
sounds like a good hunting day.

Its only illegal to super ammo a shdaow during a DDM. Its okay during normal play, except I don't do it.

IP:

peeeto
posted November 13, 2001 05:33 PM         
...probably should be in it's own thread, but i don't consider shadow reloading illegal in any gameplay, including DDM's.

in the first place, it's a weapon - use it to your full advantage. also, they're rare because they're so unbalanced. finally, it's not hard to get killed even if you have the Shadow!

personally, i get rid of it as soon as i can because i don't want anyone else to get it

IMO, if the majority of the community considers the Shadow to be unfair in DDM's, it should be removed from DDM's completely! (that would be totally OK with me - i HATE 'em!)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 13, 2001 08:01 PM            
Peeeto: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001365.html
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000977-2.html

IP:

The Weatherman
posted November 13, 2001 10:54 PM         
JV and I have been working on Shadow mods to balance it a bit more. Mostly working on the idea that there should be a cost to using evil powers. What I hope the result will be is a shadow that you can use without guilt and without amuch griping on the part of others. still working on it...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 13, 2001 11:25 PM            
Guess u guys have never been in a game when somebody got the shadow and picked up 5 or 6 gold boxes Well......think about this a second.Whats the most powerful weapons in the game?:
Nuke-Reload it you got a 30sec delay and you are helpless until then.
Material Bomb-Same deal.Plus these two you're only going to get 2 maybe 3 frags most of the time.
Cruise-Yep...I consider it too be one of the top weapons.But you're only going to get one frag per shot unless you hit them in the front.
Shadow-Limitless ammo where you can get 4-5 kills with it per loadout.

Hmm...dosen't seem quite even does it.The shadow will most likley get the the most kills per loadout of any other weapon making it the most powerful.And there is no punishment for reloading like nuke and material...and it is capable of killing more than the c.missle.

We've been through this discusion tons of times and we all came to the gentlemen's agreement not to reload the shadow.Sure,if it's a accident like above then who cares.I've accidently ran over a ammo box while chasing someone before

IP:

JVortex
posted November 14, 2001 03:28 AM            
hehe, just wait til u see what me and WM were cooking up earlier. the shadow is about to become a balanced weapon that some people may even decide to avoid . and no one will want to grab a reload while they are armed with it!

muahhahahahaaaaaaaa......

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 14, 2001 04:02 AM            
Sounds scary I don't think anybody has made a mod that is the opposite of the shadow.Well....there is the Peace Keeper that drains ammo from the enemy.Course I don't know what the opposite of a shadow would be.Maybe a giver of life instead of a taker.Heal everybody on your team and reload their current weapon as you run by and shoot

IP:

A2597
posted November 14, 2001 02:00 PM            
hehe,
You want unbalenced, download the "CHaos of Fire and Death" weapon I made...THAT is unbalenced!!!!

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

NeoKi
posted November 16, 2001 12:40 AM            
You guys are pathetic, have you forgotten that you can back away from a SK, after all, it only has like a 50m radius, also, if I see a SK plus a G-box, i'm going to reload. Why, you may ask? For one thing, in DDM, with all those people, its pretty hard to geta SK as it is-try to hold on to it as long as possible and frag as many as possible. To me it's a blessing
And all I have to say is, WHATCH OUT FOR THAT TRE.....SHADOW KEEPER!!!!

------------------
Sushi

IP: