|
Author Topic:   In-game Chatting
ni
posted November 10, 2001 08:51 AM            
ok, just scanned over the 'spawn-killing' post and if someone mentioned it, ok.. I'll re-iterate.

Just off on a tangent a li'l about the spawn killing, but what about, in mid-chase, people start chatting??

I've often been in this situation, and I'm sick of halting fraggin them, if in that position to!!

So, for the record, if anyone does that whilst I'm chasing them, I'll still frag them cos it's the chicken-s*** way out!!

What does anyone else think?

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 10, 2001 10:28 AM            
ya right bro.... if ppl wanna chat they should do it away from the battle. if they do it just to save a frag "DONT HIT ME IM WEARING GLASSES" i say kill em just for the hell of it.

Lets face it - itll stop em doing it again if they know it doesnt work.

chatting is fine, the odd comment is great - but look, chickens way out with me means death anyway - we all have radar ! we know when were being pursued ! we know when were in danger, when to run for the ammo or hull, and i say alls fair in love n frag !

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted November 10, 2001 11:10 AM            
you guys all know i chatt alot and well i dont jive a rats arse if you kill me or not normally when i talk im lagging out anyways so if you see me chatting you can kill me if you want i dont care

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

Neo
posted November 10, 2001 12:44 PM            
Happens to me a lot. My personal favourite is when you fire something at someone, and before it gets to them they begin chatting. Of course, it kills them, and then they complain about chatkilling.

IP:

guido 1
posted November 10, 2001 01:20 PM         
zzzzzzzzzzzzzsnorezzzzzzzzzyawnzzzzz.... blah blah blah .. zzzzzzzzzchatzzzzzzkaboomzzzzzzzzwhocareszzzzzzzallswinewilldiezzzzzzzz dream sequence begins.....coax just downloaded 1.6 demo , and is getting cut to ribbons on the ramp , and starts chatting with neo , meanwhile ras is waiting patiently at a spawn point to kill the spawner , all the while waiving a white flag , feeding atomic pie to kaldar , who we know like's pie , while kong looks for flamers to frag , no use going to the trouble of engagement with anyone not already crippled and almost dead . hehe . then about 200 guy's with the first name dnx show up , then it really heats up , and everyones chatting and no ones fragging and...zzzzzzzzzzzzguidothemercykillerzzzzfun.

IP:

JVortex
posted November 10, 2001 01:43 PM            
well for those who dont know, when driving along (assuming keyboard controls) if you hit your chat key BEFORE letting off of your foreward arrow you will enter chat mode and be able to type freely AND your tank will still continue to drive foreward. its a handy little trick, lets u chase someone and type/ taunt them at the same time .

IP:

Irascible
posted November 10, 2001 03:36 PM            
Guido: Breath deeply, focus on pie (oh so many varieties of pie), and most importantly... forget about Ras.

Goku: Good answer .

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 10, 2001 03:47 PM            
sometimes i throw chat up to prevent being killed. If you stop your attack just because i enter chat oh-well I think of it as a tool.

don't think i do this all the time, its a rare occasion. I'll try to curve the habit though

IP:

Vlad
posted November 11, 2001 10:22 AM            
Man, haven't seen this topic pop up in what, a few months?

I guess I'll reiterate my own opinion: It's up to the chatter to make sure he's clear. If you're surrounded by red dots on your radar, and you still decide to start chatting, then it's your own fault that you got shot. And if you start chatting in the middle of a firefight, then there's NO way that I'm going to show any mercy. Funny thing is, it's happened before. I was trading 120mm shots with someone for about 5-6 volleys, and he just starts chatting, then complains about chat-killing when I blow him away (even after taking the time to position myself to the rear of his tank for the best shot).

Only times I'll refrain from chat killing:

1) If I ask someone something, and they're typing a response.

2) If I spawn near a typer.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 13, 2001 01:31 AM            
I'm looking at you NUKEM!!!

IP:

[TAMU]Savage
posted November 14, 2001 06:03 PM         
hell, I'll ask someone something so they will chat back, then i move in for kill. Stupid morons fall for it, and hey, i'm just making the rest of the human race's average intelligence a little higher.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 14, 2001 08:42 PM            
thats why I'll tear you a new one

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 14, 2001 10:03 PM            
You mean you guys don't realize that if you hold down yer up arrow key when you hit 'T', yer tank will keep moving while you type?

IP:

JVortex
posted November 14, 2001 11:09 PM            
they should, i posted that above in my last post. i don tknow tho, is this common knowledge or not?

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted November 15, 2001 04:19 AM            
well i just figured that out by chance,
but ye i find that if im going hell for leather after some 1 over hill and dale and they start chatting its frustrating cos we all know half the time you shoot while flying through the air after some 1 its through luk of your tank happening to hit the hill that way and fly that way , and it ends up me passing by that chance cos there chatting and by the time i get bak to them they have finished typing and there stiking a heavy flamer in my face

GRRNESS!!

------------------
Grind & Click , Lock & Load

IP: