|
Author Topic:   LDA: Best way to address Master Server Down??
synack
posted November 09, 2001 07:12 PM         
Who do we email?
Who do we ICQ?
Who do we send smoke signals to?

IP:

Neo
posted November 09, 2001 07:48 PM            
Obviously not them!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 09, 2001 08:04 PM            
since LDA said they don't read the forums, but they receive an automated e-mail, you need that automated e-mail to stand out so heres my attempt at doing it LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA LDA synack needs you.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

synack
posted November 09, 2001 08:42 PM         
They listen.
I know they do.
I have faith.

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 09, 2001 09:29 PM            
I think I'm sensing something that maybe everyone else is getting the idea of here... So here's something to LDA, since I believe they're listening too!

LDA,
If something you did went wrong, if it's your fault for this, or if it's something that happened that means the end of the master server will come soon, or maybe it's just from Sept. 11th worsening an already bad problem with our server host... just be honest. Right now, if you did something wrong, don't be scared to speak it. We have faith in you, would you have faith in us? I'm not saying this IS true, but that IF it is true, being honest would make us all feel better. We can't forgive till you confess if there is anything to confess. Right now, just tell one of us maybe by e-mail, if you're so unsure, and see how that one person reacts... But don't leave us hangin'! I'm sure it's all perfectly fine in the end, since we can easily use this BBS as a far more efficient Master Server from what I hear... hehehe. Okay, that's all I have to say... and I'll hopefully be seen online sometime in the future. Until I get Treadmarks workin' I'll play a little bzflag and pernmangband and (mainly) xpilot. Nothing replaces TM unless it can't go online... I'll have that fixed ASAP... Cyah!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 09, 2001 10:05 PM            
OK...just catching up....

The master server is on Tom's server...

The best way to get his attention is to email him... tom@longbowdigitalarts.com

We're in the middle of moving the offices to Toronto...."BANDWIDTH"...

We'll work something out....

Jim

IP:

KONG
posted November 09, 2001 10:26 PM            
Thanks for letting us know

IP:

VorDesigns
posted November 10, 2001 02:42 AM            
Don't know if this is off toepick, but what does it take to run a master server. My company might be willing to spare the IP if I can get some help from LDA on my firewall issue that programming hasn't gotten back to me on yet......

PS, Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to---- meeeeeeeeeee! Happy birthday to me..

------------------
Echoes from the Void http://www.ssgnet.com

[This message has been edited by VorDesigns (edited November 10, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 10, 2001 05:42 AM            
Hehe, happy birthday

IP:

Cell
posted November 10, 2001 12:00 PM         
Coax, wake up and drive over to Tom's house and bang on his door, & tell 'em to reset the Master server
Seems he was up late last night and must be sleeping in

Better yet, just give us Tom's tel# and we can all call him 24/7 anytime we need.

I'm sure he won't mind at all,

IP:

synack
posted November 10, 2001 04:23 PM         
Told ya they listen.

Thanks, Jim.

IP:

Dudymas
posted November 13, 2001 11:02 PM            
Let's just TP and Egg his house... in the name of Tread Marks of course ;-).... wait, but he's too special, let's just do that to WeatherMan's house since he shouldah taken over the Master Server by now... ugh, I think I lost that coherence that got my two 100's on my last two History Essays... but it's all gotta go somewhere, right? Heheheheh, here goes P.E. class skills next *starts up Winamp and Tread Marks*....... mwahahahahahah

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 13, 2001 11:59 PM            
JUST REALIZED THIS, IF TOM HAS CONTROL OF THE MASTER SERVER WHY DIDN'T LDA JUST BLOCK THE 1.0 SERVER?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 14, 2001 04:09 AM            
Ahhh.....now I get what you were saying in the ICQ message.I thought you were saying that LDA ran the demo server...hehe.Well,number one I think NGI.it already took it down.Haven't tried it in a long time.Haaving probs remembering the IP That brings me to point number 2....all you would have to do it manually enter in the IP like I was doing when I played on that server through 1.5 full.The demo server wouldn't show of on that master server but I could still connect to it.Maybe we should just nuke Italy since we are nearby in Afganistan

IP:

synack
posted November 14, 2001 04:25 AM         
No, no ... don't do that. My boss is traveling on business in Italy right now and ...

um ... never mind.

IP: