|
Author Topic:   online game
smiley_mo
posted November 08, 2001 08:56 PM            
I have BIG problems when i go online to play TM in the form of things like,my own tank and others seeming to "stutter",endless map load failures,and time outs.
Can anyone help

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 08, 2001 11:07 PM            
Need to know your video card,what type of drivers you have.Any beta drivers(Detonator,DirectX...ect)?Plus what is your graphic setup for TM?Resoulution,color depth...ect.....Plus some info about your computer couldn't hurt.
I have beta Nvidia drivers(22.50's) and they have been making my game run jump latley.Plus I installed DX8.1 which is not finshed,and I had all kinds of problems.

IP:

JVortex
posted November 09, 2001 01:30 AM            
map load failures will occur if you have the demo and attempt to log onto a full version server as well. do u have the demo or full version?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 09, 2001 04:36 AM            
I think your just trying to connect to the full version servers from the demo.

IP:

peeeto
posted November 09, 2001 10:36 AM         
if TM works OK in single player, video settings are prolly not the culprit.

what type of inet connection are you using: modem, DSL or cable?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 09, 2001 02:53 PM            
He has the full game because I know him.Used to play on the demo together and I've seen him on the full servers latley.So it's either got to be connection or video .

IP:

smiley_mo
posted November 09, 2001 03:17 PM            
I have the full 1.6 version Of TM,V90 56Kflex HSP PCI modem,nVIDIA 32meg GeForce DDR 256 video card (overclocked),And the latest Detonator drivers
System:450meg PIII
256megs Ram.
Maybe the CPU????.

IP:

peeeto
posted November 09, 2001 04:55 PM         
again - if it plays OK in single-player, it's probably your inet connection. try to optimize your modem & your connection with your ISP.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 09, 2001 10:44 PM            
Did it just start to happen out of the blue or has it been since you bought the game and played it?Like Peeeto said.....try it in single player and see if it has problems.Thne it'd have to be the connection I would think.Make sure your netrate isn't set to high.If it's not the connection it would most likley be the video card.Make sure you don't have TM set to something you vcard can't do.Then check your drivers.
If all else fails try to reinstall TM but I'm sure you have tried that already

IP: