|
Author Topic:   Will TM live forever?
Karldar
posted November 07, 2001 10:47 AM            
I know, I know-two new topics from Karldar? What's wrong with that guy? So sue me-I'm feelin' a bit verbose today;P.

I know most of this has been said before, but please bear with me. I sure as hell hope TM perseveres-in one incarnation or another anyway. I was just thinkin' about all my other games this morning-some still unplayed(by me at least). I mean, how many games do people play and enjoy for years, literally? This is the only one I can think of, speaking just for myself. The weird thing is that I don't know exactly why I keep coming back to TM. I know I love it, but I'm still not completely sure why.... I got a lot of lag frustration(and the DII x-pack) a while back that got me to take a break from TM, but it obviously didn't last .

All goofy rambling aside, I basically just want to give Seumas(may he rest in peace), the McNally family and LDA a big, fat THANK YOU for the magic they've worked by creating this masterpiece, and thusly our TM family.

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

peeeto
posted November 07, 2001 11:50 AM         
hear hear! thank you Seumas, Jim, Wendy, Philippe, Tom, and the rest of LDA!

i've never really been in to comp games, and play no other... i thoroughly enjoy TM and don't foresee any end to my involvement.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 07, 2001 12:53 PM            
The community as a whole makes it great. Itís so fantastic I can't give it enough accolades. Probably helps that its so small, and even new members are quickly adopted and accepted. There is no problem with little 12 year olds saying words they shouldn't and being bored and malicious; this is truly a mature adventure. I'm just privileged that LDA let us all go on this wonderful ride.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

A2597
posted November 07, 2001 01:40 PM            
Definetly!
Thanks LDA!!!
I think it is a number of things, The members of the community, always making mods and other things, keeps the game fresh, it never gets to be routine.

The size of the community, being small has it's advantages! I remeber when the Wheel of Time community was only about 1000 people (The game, not the books). We had great fun, as we do now in Tread Marks. unfortually, the community grew huge, now 10,000 + members on the forums, and people that absolutly ruin the online experience.
(Boy...that got off topic. hehe)

And last, (The best reserved this spot)
LDA, While most games have one, single release, LDA has been constantly updating this game. Just looking at the screenshots from TM 2.0 make me want it! And theres only TWO of them!!!

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

JVortex
posted November 07, 2001 03:06 PM            
TM has been an exceptional game for me personally. over 90% of the time when i get any video game i play it for about 2 weeks tops, then loose intrest. after that i may play it rarely or just not at all.

in all of my history there have only been 2 exceptions to this; Vigilante 8 for playstation and TM. its pretty well unheard of for me to keep playing a game after 6 months, but both of these games did it with me. TM is by far the winner however, keeping my intrest for over a year now.

even with all the modding i do and therefore the frequency that i run it im STILL not sick of TM. even just today i fired up the storm racer mod and just played for a while . here i told myself i was going to take a break, meaning a break from playing TM at all, once the SR beta was out, shows how much i know, i still cant stop playing TM...

great job to all of LDA! an amazing game on the replay-ability factor. just what is it about TM that grabs and keeps your interest like this? HellIfIKnow? subliminal messages in the terrain? hehe.

looks like im hooked as well...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

Neo
posted November 07, 2001 04:27 PM            
Me too....love the game with all my heart.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 07, 2001 04:33 PM            
I put TM along side the immortal classics like Quake and Duke Nukem.You go on Quake 1 servers and you still see them packed.When was that game released.Like 90?
The best part is the fact that I think TM hasn't seen anything yet,amount of players will increase in astronomical porportions when this game is put into the mainstream.
Tm still has graphics and effects that can comptete with most of the games released today.This game is here to stay

IP:

Irascible
posted November 07, 2001 09:57 PM            
The TM community is definitely as important as is the fact that the game rocks. The game probably will grow exponentially. But like A2597 said, the growth will ruin some of TM's goodness.

Supe mentioned some sort of segregation (oops, did I say THAT word...) for the old timers in Venom's thread. I say bring it on. New members from the PS2 crowd could join The Good Old Boys Club by invitation only. We could have lavish and cruel initiation ceremonies. Expensive bribes and payoffs to join the club could fund an ever increasing slush fund that would be used to destroy and buy out lesser known tank games. As people are forced to go to us for their virtual tank needs, we could branch out into other game arenas with cheap TM mods of their game. After enough time has passed and enough competition destroyed, no game in the world would escape the need to have the ubiquitous "TM Inside" logo on their box. World domination is at hand! ......at least until the government decides to call us a monopoly and breaks us up. But man, what a ride (sorry about the tangent, but I felt inspired ).

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted November 07, 2001 10:51 PM            
I want to put an exclamation point to the statement about the McNally family. You have all brought us many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and even more times of enjoyment. Most certainly Seumas owns the most praise for initially working so hard on this marvelous game, but not withstanding we owe the entire McNally clan a tremendous THANK YOU for continuing the work Seumas started.
As for the community it is one of the best that I have ever seen in showing help, kindness and all manner of the best sides that people should bring to one another. Congratulations to each of you for being the type of people you are. Keep up the show and continue on as we all know TM will with the help of the McNally's and the rest of the community (wherever you may be).
THANKS ONE AND ALL

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 07, 2001 11:16 PM            
Thank you all!

TM is Seumas ....and we won't let it go!

Jim

IP:

guido 1
posted November 10, 2001 03:22 PM         
another really good online game is tachyon the fringe , a fun space shooter , great weapons and ships . sorta like tm in space . old tm players never die ..... they just spawn a little slower ..... hehe ... fun . guido the mercy killer .

IP: