|
Author Topic:   Electronic noise
reddog
posted November 06, 2001 05:48 PM         
When a tank is blown away on my and all the people I know in the UK there is a electronic noise other than the proper sound, is there a way to get rid of it?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 06, 2001 10:46 PM            
noise is probably due to high pitch's coming thru during the explo. My guess is u have a soundblaster live value and recently upgraded to windows xp.

i say that cos i am having the same dificulty - new drivers arnt out yet, and certain drops in performance have been noted.

If im wrong then i simply suggest checking the connection at the back of your pc in case the jack-plug is half out... check for a damaged cable - and most important of all - check your drivers.

IP:

Neo
posted November 06, 2001 11:46 PM            
I had a similar problem when my "sndvol32" config was set to the wrong sound device.

If you're using windows, run "sndvol32" or "audio properties" in the control panel and make sure you have the right device selected as your primary driver.

I had the "game compatible device" emulation device selected for about a week during August-September, and had VERY choppy sound output as a result.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 07, 2001 08:25 AM            
yup - it would help if u listed your hardware reddog. otherwise were just stabbing in the dark.

IP: