|
Author Topic:   wepons edit :)
Sephiroth
posted November 05, 2001 05:08 PM            
yo all. I was wonering where you get the wepon editer from so i can make some realy mean gunz
any help would be apresheated

and remember total annihilation is the only opshon in battle.

IP:

peeeto
posted November 05, 2001 05:15 PM         
i'm not a strong modder, but i think your best weapon editor is your text editor! (for editing the ENT files). if you want to make custom 3D meshes for your weapons, try MilkShape3D for a modeler, and LithUnwrap for texturing the custom model(s).

a safe bet for beginners is to use the stock TM weapons meshes and bitmaps - just make sure to credit LDA when you distribute

...and there's another program "ENTegrety" that will help you check your ENT files so they work right. get ENTegrety from Swisher's website, which can be reached from The Black Widow Lance's Website

using the navbar on the left, go to BWL Projects --> ENTegrety

IP:

Vlad
posted November 05, 2001 05:30 PM            
There's a whole slew of nifty files in your entities directory. Use a text editor and look around in there.

However, if you plan on editing any of them, be sure to put them in the Addons folder. So if you edit a file in Treadmarks/entities/weapons, put it in Treadmarks/Addons/Entities/Weapons.

I really gotta finish that modding tutorial...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted November 05, 2001 08:14 PM            
you will find links to all tm websites, tools and resources at www.deathmatch-federation.com

IP:

Rex R
posted November 06, 2001 02:18 AM            
gotta say it. PLEASE do not distribute stock meshes as part of your mod. aside from being unnessesary, LDA has asked us not to. the other bit make sure you give your files names other than the ones used by the game

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 06, 2001 04:55 AM            
Yes Vlad....I would very much like a modding how to guide.I've been messing around quite a bit and some of it still is unclear(like what some of the stuff in the ent's mean)ETA on my CTF pack will be Spring 2003

IP:

Vlad
posted November 06, 2001 10:12 AM            
It's sorta been on the drawing board for a while.. I've been just putting ideas down in Word but have yet to figure out how to really format the whole thing.

I was initially planning on just making a sort of ENT dictionary, which would just have a detailed explanation of what all the ENT classes/types were, and what the parameters did.

However, I then realized that that would just be a sort of elaborate EEK, so I've been toying with making a sort of tutorial set thing... starting with basics (weapon name, damage, kick, etc) and then working up in difficulty...

IP:

Sephiroth
posted November 06, 2001 02:06 PM            
thanks alot you guys
i`m gona have sooooooooo much fun

and remember allways destroy, elimanate and wipe out everything.

IP: