|
Author Topic:   Treadmarks Sound Edit ?
YoungSSJ
posted November 05, 2001 03:45 PM            
Do the sound files in treadmarks have to be a certain bit rate? because i wanted to use a different sound for my nuke but all i hear is blank, any help? thanks apreciate it.

------------------
The Sleeper has Awakend...I am the Prince of all Saiyans once again

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted November 05, 2001 04:39 PM            
Welcome YoungSSJ Can't answer your question but i'm sure somebody wil shortly.I'll guess they are all 128kbps...hehe

IP:

Vlad
posted November 05, 2001 05:21 PM            
Ah, the good old sound mistake.. every TM modder makes it the first time :-)

Take a look at projectile/nukemissile.ent

You'll see SoundEnt = Doomsiren

Now, I'm guessing what you did was something similar to this:

You made a new WAV file, let's say Test.wav. Then you changed the reference from whatever it's listed at in the projectile's ent file to the new one (DoomSiren to Test, in this case). However, as you see in the parameter name, it's asking for a call to an ENT, not a WAV.

What you need to do is make an ENT of class Sound, that calls the WAV file. Then you can use other ENTs to call the sound ENT using the SoundEnt parameter.

Look in Entities/Sound for examples on how to set up a sound ent.

Also, just to cut off another possible error... Treadmarks doesn't care about ENT filenames. You could rename projectile/NukeMissile.ent to projectile/GrilledCheese.ent, and Treadmarks would still be able to use the file exactly the same. How, you ask? Every ENT file has a Class and Type parameter. Class defines what kind of ENT the file is (weapon, projectile, explo, explosphere, smoke, etc). Type is the name of the individual entity (Nukemissile, Laserbeam1, etc). Most of the time, the stock TM ents have the same name as their types, but not always. So be sure to change the type names if you're making a reference to a new ENT.

IP:

JVortex
posted November 05, 2001 09:44 PM            
PCM 22,050 Hz, 8 bit, mono

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP: