|
Author Topic:   Charging Partical effects
YoungSSJ
posted November 05, 2001 01:37 PM            
In some of the mods, namely the Shadow summoner and the Spirit Bomb i have noticed that the weapon has a charging partical effect in which energy is visibly drawn to the source of the weapon, how was this done? or more accuratly what part of the .dne do you modify so that your weapon does this. thanks for any help guys

------------------
The Sleeper has Awakend...I am the Prince of all Saiyans once again

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 05, 2001 01:41 PM            
JV would know he made it i beleive.

AIM: JVortex

IP:

Vlad
posted November 05, 2001 03:04 PM            
Ahem.... actually, I made the Shadow Summoner...

.dne? All TM editing like this is done through .ent files. As far as that one segment of the shadow summoner goes...

I made a single type of explosion that makes particles go inward instead of outward. This is done by making ExpandStart larger than Expand in the explo file. That creates one instance of the particle effects. In order to make a constant stream as seen in the Summoner, I made the little projectile (the center of the effects) use the explo as a smoke trail, so it's basically calling the same explosion multiple times while not moving, causing the effect.

Feel free to ICQ me if you've got any other questions, or just need a basic intro to modding... (it'd be rather welcomed... I'm working on a modding tutorial and the point of view of a new modder would be good to have)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 08, 2001 03:01 AM            
sorry Vlad. I remember JV had me beta test the shadow summoner, so i just thought it was him. Sorry.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 08, 2001 03:02 AM            
I'm probally just getting the names of the mods mixed up though.

IP:

JVortex
posted November 08, 2001 10:30 AM            
its just too bad that explos cant be attached to meshes somehow. then youd see some REALLY cool stuff

IP:

Vlad
posted November 08, 2001 12:45 PM            
... or some really laggy stuff. I've seen mainly sprite explos that can choke a framerate, I'd hate to think what having meshes flying around like that would do...

IP:

JVortex
posted November 09, 2001 01:27 AM            
hehe, no no no, i meant to be able to anchor the cernter of an explo to a mesh like a SecEnt of sorts. that way a weapon could "charge" while youre driving around.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted November 13, 2001 02:20 PM            
I was thinking you might be able to do this with "InEntity". I was going to try that when I got home from work. I think that stays with the tank as it moves. I was thinking of adding that effect to my WaveMotionCannon, which is almost ready. Just have to do up a nice mesh for it.

<<KiLlEr>>

IP: