|
Author Topic:   The return of.....
Neo
posted October 31, 2001 02:01 AM            
The black gryphon (Skandranon) is back! I've seen him on the servers! It's true! The legend lives again!

Boy do i feel like Goldant It's a good feeling.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 31, 2001 03:58 AM            
yeah i saw him, think he got depressed because he got a pounding for being away for so long

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 31, 2001 04:49 AM            
He ws on the last two days after I invitied him via ICQ.Usually he tells me he is too busy to play but i make a effort to ask on occasion.I can understand being too busy and/or not in the mood to play.All I know is he can still nail you with a mass driver
Also....I asked him to put his classic server back up since a lot of us were wishing the weapons weren't homing.Now's our chance ro see who is really the good players.Make a effort to play on the server so it dosen't seem like a waste to him.I also say we have the Sunday thing on it if it's still up.

IP:

Karldar
posted October 31, 2001 07:39 AM            
Re: Skandranon's reappearance and the comeback of the classic server-----WORD!!!

Hut (PL) thought I got a really good hit on him with a p cannon from a long distance the other day, but I was, like, "Whatever, it's guided-not much skill involved there". *rubs hands together with glee* The classic server will showcase my ineptitude to a much higher degree .

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Paranor
posted October 31, 2001 11:34 AM            
So what exactly is the difference in weapons for the classic server? They don't track very well?

If it helps you Skan I'll take a copy and host it from time-to-time when you can't.

What do you mean "that Sunday thing if it's still up"?

Other than that it's good to see him play - he's the one that got me to play my first multiplayer game and also what the heck mods are.

Speaking of playing, SU - there were like 6-8 of us playing last night. Where we you Mr. Whiner Becasue Nobody Is On. j/k

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 31, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted October 31, 2001 11:41 AM            
quote:
So what exactly is the difference in weapons for the classic server? They don't track very well?

Back in the pre-1.5 days (the old demo and first release of the full version), a LOT of the weapons had no tracking, such as the 120mm, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Mines, R-Grenades, Concussion, MRL (I think), and quite a few others. There's a page somewhere on here that lists exactly which ones got changed. I personally still don't like the guidance. It's messed up a few shots I've tried to make before, because it's hard to really lead the target when your shot is pulled towards where it currently is.

Skran's classic server basically restored all the weapons to their old "no-guidance" states.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 31, 2001 01:19 PM            
still seemed to remember feeleing a little guidance if i remember correctly on skan's server.

IP:

Neo
posted October 31, 2001 01:45 PM            
Yeah...

How can you ditch guidance/tracking in your own personal installs? Do you have to change the .ent's for every weapon you want to deny tracking to?

IP:

JVortex
posted October 31, 2001 01:52 PM            
the weapons that you want to kill the guidance on, take their projectile ent files and copy them into your AddOns folder. then remove the guidance lines.

IP:

A2597
posted October 31, 2001 02:38 PM            
weapons I like the guidence on:
MRL, Concussion, R-Granades, Swarmer

Weapons I dislike guidence on:
Plasma Bolt, Plasma Mines, and any regular gun (120mm, Sniper, etc)

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 31, 2001 07:02 PM            
I was saying that we should have the Sunday DDM on Skand's classic server if the server is still up Sunday...It would be nice to get all of those ppl on a server with no homing weapons.I know its hard to go from guided to not guided since you rely on the guidance a little in later versions of the game.You prob wouldn't be able to sit on top of a hill and just shoot towards a still target and expect to hit it.Takes a little more skill without guidance.I'm going to try to get people on that server when I play to show what I'm talking about.I know Vlad and I were talking the other day about how easy it is to kill with the homing weapons and wishing that the classic server ws back up.Well,Skand put the server back up after I asked so lets try to give it some traffic

IP: