|
Author Topic:   ALL READ: Time to send some e-mails...
A2597
posted October 29, 2001 07:53 PM            
As many in America can tell you, and perhaps other nations as well, the media has gone far beyond free speech with these terrorist attacks.

The media is currently into speculation into what other ways terrorist can strke, and their speculation includes EVERY DETAIL as to how to carry out these attacks, including what to hit, how much of a bio-chemical is needed, etc. This is going TO FAR, terrorist no longer have to formulate a plan of attack, the media is giving them hundreds.

I say that we flood all major news stations with request, nea, demands,to stop telling terrorist how to kill people more effectivly.

some e-mails/places to get you started: http://www.cnn.com/feedback/

comments@foxnews.com

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 29, 2001 08:28 PM            
I agree.The media does give the terrorist too much info.They tell the terrorist how they messed up,what they can do the next time,and where we are attacking and in what form.I was watching MS-NBC a little earlier and they were stating how the terrorist messed up in the plane that crashed in PN.Then they go into depth telling what defenses we have against bio-logical weapons.They do cross the line a lot and it could turn around and bite us in the a$$.
I have been thinking about this for a while now and I'm sure many Americans think the media gives too much information.

IP:

Marmalizer
posted October 29, 2001 09:23 PM            
That is a consequence of being a 'Free Press' and having 'Freedom of Speech'. Being a demorcratic country ( Americans along with the rest of us demorcratic societies ) we demand it.
There will always be those who choose to take advantage of thus gained information, but you can guarantee those same people will already have known anything you may hear or read in the media.
It is enevitable that things will change because of 11th September, but it would be sad indeed if American World news could not continue to tell the world the facts as they are, as it happens. It would surely give any terrorist reason to dance inanely around the street ( Imbeciles! ).
Better to accept the changes that will come to try to ensure that like atrocities never happen again, but to show that they cannot change one iota of the fundamental lifestyle of all us who live in the 'Free' demorcratic worlds.

[This message has been edited by Marmalizer (edited October 29, 2001).]

IP:

Marmalizer
posted October 29, 2001 09:24 PM            
Damn right!

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 29, 2001 10:49 PM            
What the heck are you talking about Marm?
You know what's strange though? When we were fighting against the japanese, they relesed these hot-air balloon-like bombers towards the US, we didn't mention them in the press, or even the radio because we didn't wan't them to know that they worked and that they had made it here, plue we didn't wan't them to end up sending more. You see, the main goal of these bombers was to cause forest fires. But yet here, it's like we don't care or something.

------------------
Sushi

IP: