|
Author Topic:   DDM results
Neo
posted October 28, 2001 11:24 PM            
Posted the new scoreboard pictures on my site. Chiggity-check it out, they're pretty. The DDM was fun, but the first two games were a major lagfest.

http://www.volare.net/neo

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 29, 2001 05:08 AM            
Hehe,at least it looks like I'm the winner for the dialup people.You guys with the 100 pings don't know what your missing Try to play the TM slide show through a 56K Maybe we should rank by ping

IP:

Neo
posted October 29, 2001 09:53 AM            
I played on 56k from May-September. I know what it's like. I've paid my dues. Believe me, it was laggy for me too. Ping doesn't mean that much.

IP:

Neo
posted October 29, 2001 10:01 AM            

Take a look at some of my older screenshots...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 29, 2001 10:39 AM            
[SSA] ? - new clan ?

IP:

Rex R
posted October 29, 2001 01:06 PM            
how about the DPA (Dial-up Players Association) with a flag showing a telephone

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited October 29, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 29, 2001 05:53 PM            
Thats a good idea REX.....we need to make an alliance since I'm in a clan already.Then we'll get our own score captures and put stars next to the names with dialup.It would be interesting to see how the ranking is effected by the type of connection you have You can make the flag Muhahahahhahahahaha

IP:

Rex R
posted October 30, 2001 04:41 AM            
thus is born the (DPA) open to anyone with a dial-up connection. the main goal is to gather info as to how the connection affects game play(note maybe we'll find out just who complains the most bout lag etc.(nope not gonna bring up THAT again)) if you wish to be identified as a DPA member simply add (DPA) to the end of your player name. screen shots and server logs will do the rest. secondary goals will be to make servers as lag free and enjoyable as possible(some things we'll live with long as we can still enjoy the game). flag is in the works
edit had to check for acceptble characters for game use

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited October 30, 2001).]

IP:

ni
posted October 30, 2001 04:54 AM            
ok, so that means I'll be =dnx dpa= ni? Umm... what about being so far away from the servers clan.. or the MON (Middle Of Nowhere)... =DNX DPA MON=Ni

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

Rex R
posted October 30, 2001 06:12 AM            
I expect we will have to cross check by players continent to see how being MON relates since this started as a bit of humor...I wouldn't expect rapid results. lag reports try to recall what was going on at the time(screenshots might help) your net rate, number of human tanks, time of day(gmt if poss. pls specify TZ else)which server(natch). perhaps we'll be able to pin down a common cause(as to type of mod etc, joins are a known cause)and remedy the prob(no promises tho)

IP:

ni
posted October 30, 2001 06:26 AM            
Well, see... I get roughly the same ping on any server apart from the old uk JV servers!!

If you look at any DDM screenshots, I'm usually sitting around 500! I play with a dial-up in Glasgow, UK!! They have cable here, but I can't afford it just now!

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 30, 2001 11:59 AM            
i think it would be clear if we did this:

[clan] yourname [connection]

=DNX= Matrix [DPA] - Dialup
=DNX= Matrix [CCO] - Cable Constantly On
=DNX= Matrix [DSL] - Speaks 4 itself

my concern is that these Status's would disuade ppl from attacking a higher connection player thus ruining the gameplay, instead of fragmatch we would have ppl running away from the better connected players - also the system is open to abuse (eg. a cable user wearing DPA would soon be running the table.

That said - if this is the kind of ladder ya want at DMF, its not me to fly in the face of public opinion since the general ladder has failed to spark interest.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 30, 2001 12:28 PM            
well some ppl might use that reason to advance in a different direction...others will simply find that a challenge. doubt you'll find super or coax passing up a frag simply because someone has cable . besides even with out the labels one can get a fair notion as to type of connection by looking at the pings. nother thing this all voluntary anywho

IP:

A2597
posted October 30, 2001 01:52 PM            
the strange thing with Dialups is that while I may get pings up to 800, I've also gotten pings of 100 or even less! (Once had a ping of 98, and I was the LPB of the match! LMAO)

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 30, 2001 11:29 PM            
Guess your pings are also dependant to how close you are to the server...less routers to go through.I'm not really interested in knowing what everbody's connection is I was kinda curious as to how much connection effects score.I AMMM all for Rex's idea of the dialup people forming an alliance.I don't think that'll effect frags...?Throw a DPA(or wahtever) at the end of your name if you have dialup.I'd like to see how the DPA's rank in the next DDM.Who knows,maybe we can challenge broadband players ro a match someday Neo has a good ping but complains about frame rate.Maybe he can start the LFRA(low frame rate alliance

IP:

Neo
posted October 31, 2001 01:57 AM            
lol, just ignore my complaints. I have fun anyway and that's all that counts. I just enjoy complaining along the way...

I still get lag though, even on a T3 100MB/sec full duplex connection. Probably just from interior network (intranet?) traffic(?).

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 31, 2001 08:40 AM            
im 22 to 28 server hops distance across the atlantic ocean - hows that fare with most > ? lol... still, least my signal goes faster and gets further than the titanic did.... ROFOL ! and there aint no icebergs gonna stomp on my ping !!!! hehehe

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 31, 2001 07:08 PM            
That would explain why you always have crappy pings Matrix Guess everything is routed through the Trans-Atlantic Cable?I'm interested to see what kind of pings you get on MPZ since it is based in the UK?

IP:

ni
posted November 01, 2001 11:30 AM            
we get about... or at least I get about 200 pings less than the other servers.. for me it sits around 300-400!

------------------

IP: