|
Author Topic:   Question + funny story. :)
A2597
posted October 27, 2001 11:34 PM            
OK, I have one MAJOR bug in TM here, the entity "FireEnv1" in explosphear is messed up, rather it's not messed p, TM is READING it wrong. every time I fire a tankgun and it hits, I'm greeted with an explosphear larget then that of a nuke. when playing with say, 20 AIs, it looks REALLY REALLY BAD, and has even crashed TM. (For some reason)

the entity is fine, compared it to the old one, same thing, I even tried CHANGING the thing, setting it to some insanly low value, but it's as big as ever! HELP!!!

Funny Story that I never posted, this was back on the demo servers before I had the full game...

Iwas on an empty server, playing with AI's online. ho-hum easy. I tend to amuse myself by holding chats with myself, generally speaking for the AIs. Well, anyhoo this came up...

myself:"You know, you guys seem alot harder to hit in race mode."

AIme: "I like race better too, more chalenging."

SERVER: You like to race?
*Me like huh? server talking to me?*

Myself: uhh..yea I guess

SERVER: Would you like to change the game mode to race?

*Me like, COOL ONLINE RACING!*

Myself: YES PLEASE!

I was then kicked off the server and automatically placed in an SP race... freaky.

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP:

Vlad
posted October 28, 2001 12:28 AM            
quote:
OK, I have one MAJOR bug in TM here, the entity "FireEnv1" in explosphear is messed up, rather it's not messed p, TM is READING it wrong. every time I fire a tankgun and it hits, I'm greeted with an explosphear larget then that of a nuke. when playing with say, 20 AIs, it looks REALLY REALLY BAD, and has even crashed TM. (For some reason)
the entity is fine, compared it to the old one, same thing, I even tried CHANGING the thing, setting it to some insanly low value, but it's as big as ever! HELP!!!

Well, the closest I've ever seen to something like that happened when I was modding. I didn't know what scalematrix did at the time, and I used the scale parameter on a something using the sphere mesh. Using Scale in one ent affects all ents calling that mesh. So if you use scale = 2 in one mesh using spherehigh.lwo, then all instances of spherehigh.lwo will be doubled in size accordingly.

So, have you been doing any messing around with scale lately?

[This message has been edited by Vlad (edited October 28, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted October 28, 2001 01:39 AM            
do you have a FireEnv1.ent file in your AddOns directory over-riding everything you try and do to the FireEnv1.ent in your root folder? if so delete the FireEnv1.ent in your addons folder.

you probably already know all that, but thought id spout it anyhow .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

A2597
posted October 28, 2001 07:28 PM            
found the error! surprised Entegrity didn't pick up on it... oh well

------------------
This post was made by A2597, not A####, not A2754 A-2-5-9-7, K? :)

IP: