|
Author Topic:   HELP!!!
Venom
posted October 23, 2001 01:09 AM            
OK, I reloded Windows about 9 times today, trying to figure out a problem with internet explorer. I firgured that out, and now I can figure this junk out. I installed tread marks, and when I try to do the update it says it cant recognize the version, so it wont freakin do it. I tried installing fresh about 3 times. I also tried to go into the registry and deleted all the registry files containing anything with informaton on tread marks. I can't think of anything else to do, please help. I NEED TREADMARKS!!!

IP:

Rex R
posted October 23, 2001 01:26 AM            
perhaps a silly question but, what was your speed given as, mph or kph? also which .cfg file is it complaining about? you might need to edit the line(near or at the bottom of the file IIRC) that reads 'kph = 0' think some folks had problems upgrading if that read 'kph = 1'

IP:

Venom
posted October 23, 2001 01:31 AM            
Sorry if im a little testy, just had a long day. But what the heck are you talking about mph, or kph? I am trying to upgrade tread marks from 1.5 to 1.6 and the error is, "This program cannot update the installed version of tread marks for the following reasons, Unknown Version"

IP:

Rex R
posted October 23, 2001 02:11 AM            
I can understand your having a bad day, I've had enough of those myself. what I were asking is, when you where driving the tanks did the game list your speed as 100 mph or 160 kph. did you try the config file that LDA posted?
you might try looking here /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001097.html
and see if this helps any

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited October 23, 2001).]

IP:

Venom
posted October 23, 2001 08:58 PM            
it has always been shown to me as 100 mph. Always MPH

IP: