|
Author Topic:   Servers
Paranor
posted October 22, 2001 08:26 PM            
Groovy....boomstick...rockin. I'm able to host servers again. So I'm taking requests. Yes, it's Casey Kasim and not Paranor. OK - so I'm not a comedian.

NOTE: I can only host these after 5:00 PM EST through 09:00 AM EST. My T-1 is rather full during the day. But I can also host all weekend.

I already have DVS DUKE (thx to weatherman for putting that together), KONGS DM Maps running now. I also have Weatherman's "poppin fresh" but that's not running at the moment. The PC should be able to run 1-2 more serves (3-4 total) EXCEPT WHEN IT'S DOING DDM!

As with anything computer related that's in theory of course. Weatherman has 2 servers running on a PII (correct me if I'm wrong). I've got a Pentium 4. I guess we'll see!

BamZipPow had a interesting server he came up with this past weekend (?). It's 120mm semi-rapid fire only. Very fun and a lot of drive by shooting since you certainly can't stay still . If you want I can run that.

Kong is working on something - don't know what it is yet though. Otherwise let me know if you have any suggestions. Don't we need a CTF server?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 22, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 22, 2001 11:47 PM            
A CTF server would be nice to have up again?Especially since I'm starting to mod and hopefully create a CTF server pack.Maybe I can get some more ideas.Then maybe this Sunday can be CTF?

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited October 22, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted October 23, 2001 01:48 AM            
is that the SSO duke package you've got running?

IP:

Paranor
posted October 23, 2001 09:46 AM            
Ruh roh - super is modding?

Sure, we can try CTF this sunday. I would like a CTF server that doesn't use standard maps. I'll put that on my to-do list.

That DVS DUKE server is whatever WM put together a while back. Dunno what "SSO" is and barely know what DVS DUKE is.

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 23, 2001 11:38 AM         
SSO == Server Side Only (I assume)

You barely know what DVS Duke is? lol.

Must be something edible.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 23, 2001 12:40 PM            
well to answer my own question(and offer suggestions) your server appears to be server side only in regards to modded weaps. I offer these as suggestions; reduce the ammo on the shadow (20 seems good) and the fire mines (5 or so) or reduce either the weight of the cookie dough or the BoltonAmmoAdd to 1.0 (from 2.0) last nite I somehow got approx 90 firemines, took forever to use them(must have gotten 10 frags from them, had fire wandering everywhere). Do I gather correctly that you are running both flag paks?
last bit DVSDuke is a who, not a what

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 23, 2001 01:31 PM            
DVs Duke was/is a modder, and "always" had way-way unbalanced weapons on his servers.

::cringes remembering the oure chaos::

IP:

Paranor
posted October 23, 2001 01:35 PM            
I'm sorry - I should have said who and not what. All I know is he made mods.

Yes, DVS duke is SSO weapons and I'll make a note to change those weapons. THX!

IP:

VorDesigns
posted October 24, 2001 12:26 PM            
Uh, I'm stupid, meant to post this elsewhere.
Sorry for the clutter

[This message has been edited by VorDesigns (edited October 24, 2001).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 24, 2001 04:28 PM            
Hey Paranor,

Since I'm in SA and it seems that my server can't seem to stay up very long while I'm gone, it would be great for you to host the 120mm fast fire 1 hit/1 kill server. It helps train people not to sit still/camp and actually use cannon a little more effectively. Although, it does inspire one to go for spawn kills.

Upped the reload speed (from 3.0 to .5), all tanks except those without 120/40mm guns, upped the ammo to 100, and made the it 1 shot kills(from .2 to 2.0), projectile speed from 100 to 200, and ripped out all other weapons. Since they are probably more newbies, not sure if you want to use the default maps/tanks or not. Had team kills-yes, team score-no, team play-yes (4 teams?) Allowed CTF maps (although I accidently ripped those ents out so it didn't work as CTF, lol)

Been told that someone had a server like this in the early days. Probably why some of you seasoned vets are pretty good with shooting yer cannon off. LOL!

Curious if anyone would want something like this for the CTF/DDM someday. It would be definitely a fast pased game.

BamZipPow
...how things get fragged

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 24, 2001 04:46 PM            
the old server was called sheldon's server it was a onehit killshot server. Not a good idea for DDMs, don't need much skill to shoot off your gun.

One thing though i noticed the 120mm seemed to be guided. Maybe with just regular TM > 1.5 guidance. Made it very unfair. If theres a way that you can disable guidance it would make the server a lot more fair and funner. I was shooting people i couldn't even see on my screen.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP: