|
Author Topic:   DDM Pictures
Neo
posted October 21, 2001 10:53 PM            
I have posted the scoreboard pictures from tonight's DDM on my site. It was a fun DDM.....but stressful.

http://www.volare.net/neo

IP:

Paranor
posted October 22, 2001 09:41 AM            
Dang Neo - you were on fire last night. You must have had supers' luck last night. He kept metioning that he lost it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 22, 2001 12:39 PM            
why are so many people spread out over so many teams ? sure ly all the clan peeps should stick together - dnx/bwl/lwa etc and the loners on a 4th team ! after all its the team score that take it to the top not the indevidual.....

my brain is frying trying to figure out who set all this up and how anyone can make any sense of it !!!

IP:

Neo
posted October 22, 2001 01:09 PM            
Yeah Par, in TurdHeart's absence I thought I should step up my playing in order to catch up to him... I had a rough match in that 3rd game though--just couldn't get enough weapons or fragging opportunities. Sorry for squeekin ya in that last match, lol...And for teasin ya the whole time. Good games man.

Plus, It was good to see Goldant in action again...

AND it was really cool to see some people flying mod flags. King John was even flying my version of the British flag! It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it... But it also raises the question: did the server have the flag files installed? Does the server need to have the flag files installed, for them to be visible to other players who have them? I remember a while back, someone mentioned that if a player joined a server with a non-supported flag, it creates lag...

IP:

Neo
posted October 22, 2001 01:20 PM            
Is that true?

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited October 22, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 22, 2001 01:26 PM            
I was the one who set this all up. DDMs became active when clan activity was at an all time low. There would of been no point in having it seperated if there were no "active" clans.

I think having it seperated by clan is a good idea and we do have the clan DDM. But, I beleive most people like it the way it is and you'll be hard pressed to get everyone to change.

Anyways Paranor is the one now in charge of the DDMs so lets see what he says.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 22, 2001 01:29 PM         
Uhhhh, I don't have your flag pack installed. I think that It was prolly making the sever console flipout but maybe that does not significantly affect lag. Was it laggy?

Sorry Rixy - I didn't set up the server proper b/c I was not notified or I forgot.

Did the server max out? Has this mistake/experiment given anyone any good ideas for server setups?

IP:

Paranor
posted October 22, 2001 01:47 PM            
WM - I hope I don't look dumber than usual asking this ( ) but who's Rixy? Neo? And I beleive this was the least laggiest DDM match. Was it set to 16 max or 20?

Neo - what I thought was nice is also seeing LordDrow and Tambu - I haven't seen them in quite a while.

Matrix - the DDM is on somewhat of a rotation to keep it different. CTF, Clan, regular DDM. last night was regular DDM so it was random as far as what team - it changed each game. I also played with "Grind & Click" today at lunch - nice chap even if he joined DNX. - j/k around!

All - Avoiding a miscue for the new players or old for that matter I'm not "in charge" of the DDM. ANYONE with ANY suggestions at ANY time on how to keep it "fresh" please bring it up. The originally intent of the current schedule was DDM turn-out was getting low so we came up with the different options (race, CTF, clan DDM) etc. thx. One of the bummer parts about online text is the difficulting in reading one's thoughts.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 22, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted October 22, 2001 01:56 PM            
I downloaded and installed your flag pack Neo - I'll be back to hosting servers shortly.

Any other flag packs I should have?

IP:

Neo
posted October 22, 2001 02:19 PM            
WM: I didn't think you had it installed, that's why I was surprised that I could see the flags in-game, which is really cool. It was pretty laggy though, at least on my end--not sure if the flags caused it, but they probably didn't help. The first match or two was relatively lag-free, but the last two were just awful in terms of lag (for me anyway). I kept getting "updating craters...please wait" notices at the most inconvenient of times, and a lot of deaths from invisible sources. Also a lot of slow trigger response...All this even though my ping was sub-100 most of the time...

Par: 1) "Rixy" is WM's term of affection for Matrix.

2)You were right about LD and Tambu. Haven't seen them in a while either, but LD seemed to be either not at his computer or lagging out, because I fragged him a couple times while he just sat there--definitely not his trademark.

3) Thanks for installing my flag pack--I think Matrix is assembling a sort-of-universal flag pack, which will contain personal flags and clan flags in addition to my flag pack.

All: Despite the lag, I think everyone played pretty well ('Specially Swisher. He was roasting me like every few seconds). Couple of spawn-kills here and there, but I guess that's to be expected in a DDM.

IP:

Neo
posted October 22, 2001 02:23 PM            
Oh and....one last thing:

I think it might be time for a CLAN WAR!!!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 22, 2001 04:59 PM            
Paranor is right.Last night was bad luck central for me First I picked up a shadow only to have a nuke spawn after I got the shadow and wouldn't you know that somebody spawned on the nuke and blew me away.Second,I got a nuke only to have the matrial bomb spawn after that and the same thing happened again...I'm blown to bits before i even know what hit me.These are just a few examples of how my night was going.Bad aiming for all games and REALLY,REALLY bad luck.Oh well,I had fun as always Neo was on fire.Kept wondering why he was saying lag then I'd look at his ping and it was around 80 You broadband people don't know what your missing with 56K Then Paranor took up the slack when Neo started to wind down near the end of the DDM.Now and brings me to a serious subject which cost me plenty of frags.The No Spawn Kill Clause in our DDM contacts Tried to practice that last night but it ain't going t o work.I realized there were a few of you dong this also but everybody else wasn't which leads to a problem.I find that most of the time someone spawned in front of me and I left them alone and drove past them,my kindness was repaid by being shot in the back.The only way I see this working is to have everybody do it or nobody do it.Theres no telling how many frags that cost me.I for one don't have a problem with being spawn fragged or doing the spawn fragging.I kind of compare it to playing the lottery.Either your lucky or you're not.You spawn in front of somebody then you're fair game.Most of the time you'll spawn a safe distance from attackers.I do now why this was started and I can definantly understand when there's 2 minutes left in the game and you're one frag behind the leader and you're telling yourself to get out there and kill quickly,only to spawn in front of somebody that blows you to bits.Can be frustrating.What do you guys think?I don't think this question has been asked.I see it hurting the people that practice this act of goodness.
Oh yeah,Matrix is known as Rixy to other non-TM DNX gamers

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited October 22, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted October 22, 2001 08:15 PM            
"Turn that frown upside down buckaroo" lol - i just had to put that in there.

Is that why you missed what I tell my wife is the mandatory DDM "cool down" game?

The spawn fragging is a difficult subject. I myself have noticed it getting better though. Maybe the constant nagging during the DDM will help? Maybe the more you play the more your know that it's pretty lame and requires no skill? What I don't mind is if they nail you with a 120mm to bump you out of the way - especially if there is a good weapon. But then a good 3-5 seconds should be added on after that. Hmmm....

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
...a frag a day keeps the doctor away

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 22, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 22, 2001 08:56 PM            
thx 4 the frank reply parnor... not playing dd,s, it kinda looked weird for me - but if its rotation then a gap in my knowledge has been filled - thank you - and thank you coax for setting it up in the first place.

superunknown currently holds the crown in the DMF ladder.... (TMs BEST PLAYER LADDER) anyone think they can take the title

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 22, 2001 10:16 PM            
We should put in the notice of no spawn frags in the server notes so when the gamers log in they can see the note. It's just going to take some time for the new folks to get over the temptation to spawn frag (SF). If they don't, they should get a warning before booting them out. What do you think? When I first started out with TM, it didn't take long for me to understand the concept. I know...I know...it's just a game...it's just a game. Is it still fair to shoot at them so they're burning and then come back to finish them after they get the power up? That's a hard question for most folks. Don't know how to fix it except through constant reminders throughout the game. Just my 2 cents.

BamZipPow
...how things get fragged

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 22, 2001 11:45 PM            
Hehe,thx for reminding everybody Matrix Now I'm the second Most Wanted behind Bin Laden Seriously,if somebody wants to challenge me I'll more than likley except if it's at a good time for me.Plus it dosen't have to be one on one.Just as long as two or players know they are competing for the ladder.Like the 2v2 matches.They would count towards the Ladder if say all four players agree that it counts towards the ladder before the match begins.Correct me if I'm wrond Matrix.I've never done it like that with non-DNX.When I used to plan Wednesday night DDM's,I would tell the DNX people ahead of time that it counts towards the ladder.Would it work the same for non-DNX?I mean you don't want a Ladder the size of the DDM Ranking system do you?Cause if everybody agreed to play for Ladder rank during a Sunday DDM then that would be 20 something competing at once.Is there a rule for the maximum amount of players that can compete for the Ladder in one DM?

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted October 23, 2001 12:17 AM            
if i did that today parnor sorry !
i dont know jack about the ruls of this gme and im still geting use to playing with lagg cos im used to 1 player no lag so i think i was a bit full of myself till i had to play with lag..its like starting to play the game agen , ive got no XP!

as soon as i get cable tho ...watch out >=)

heh heh

G&C

IP:

Rex R
posted October 23, 2001 01:44 AM            
just to let the newcomers know the suggested guidelines for multiplayer
in general fragging ppl as they spawn is (or should be)considered impolite(IMO). one only need be fragged a few times before you even get your treads on the ground to see how this gets old real fast(with weaps other than say cruise, nuke, matter bombs, or airstrikes. can't really contol who gets hit by those). also intentional reloading of the shadow keeper is frowned on. tho I could see reloading it if you pick one up and it has less than 5 ammo. likewise if the spanners are setting on the same spot as a superpowerup( not a problem if the rand weap mod isn't being used) and you're on fire. of course spawn kills are prolly ok if you're killng an AI

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 23, 2001 04:47 AM            
And last try not to chat frag.As in fragging somebody while they are chatting.There is an execption to this though.If the person is really chatty then it might be ok.They can come here to tell their life story then go to the servers to play.A classic example of this would be Goku(no offense ).I noticed he likes to chat about every 10 seconds so if you see someone like this then let them have it Really Goku,no offense.You kinda popped into my head and I don't think negatively about u.I'm guilty of this too if I'm in a exceptionally good mood So frag me if I'm a chatterbox.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 23, 2001 09:43 AM            
Grind & Click - good to see you on this board!

No, you did not do this when we played. It was already a discussion in progress.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 23, 2001 11:36 AM            
thats right supes, anyone registered on the dmf (inc all members of any registered clan) can play for the ladder positon.

so far only dnx has had the guts to show

IP:

Marmalizer
posted October 23, 2001 04:40 PM            
That Neo's a bit good!

We couldn't beat 'im!

IP:

Marmalizer
posted October 23, 2001 04:42 PM            
Had good go tho, eh Marm.

IP:

Marmalizer