|
Author Topic:   Bye For Now!!!
NeoKi
posted October 21, 2001 12:49 PM            
Well folks you won't be seeing me for a while. You see, as some of you may know, I'v been having some Graphics problems with y system lately, and well I finally found the drivers for my comp that could help but now it's to late. I'v been going to the ati website to try and get the Drivers for my Rage Pro Turbo card, and then my dad told me that since the card came with my compaq system, that I had to get the drivers from caompaq and not ati, so I did at least I thought. So I tried out TM, and it seem to work better, but then it stopped again. Then I believe I uploaded the wrong drivers, so now I can't see windows. So youn won't be seeing me for a while, and that means no mods as well. Buuuuuuuut, I do have two mods that I have created, so I still release those. Oh wait, I forgot that there on my system so I can't relese them, well darn't.
Well I'll still try to keep in touch, but at least I won't be able to do history, or science work on my pc. Ohand thx LDA for your help.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

KONG
posted October 21, 2001 12:56 PM            
sorry to hear that neoki, keep in touch. can you still work on the map? guess not.
dont be gone too long...

IP:

Paranor
posted October 21, 2001 02:34 PM            
Bummer. Have you ever tried a complete re-install? I had to do that when I updated my SoundBlaster Live drivers. They somehow hosed up my system bad - no sound.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 21, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 21, 2001 07:47 PM            
Well here thay are, the Stingers A.K.A Hornets. I had them in my email box, so these will have to do until I get my system back up.

P.S. This is a beta version, and not the complete, and also, JV helped me make this so this is my first Cross-Breed Mod. (Like that, made it my up myself) .
http://neogenki.tripod.com/Zyon_Mods_and_Crap/

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 21, 2001 08:14 PM            
sometimes your comp will completely ignore the ati card if its AGP socketed. slap a cheap $5 PCI card in there till u can see windows - remove the ati card..... wipe it from your system, drivers everything - reinstall it using autodetect.

i used to have the same problem.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 21, 2001 09:47 PM            
Well, yes, some sound card drivers those are... eh? But I still was able to get sound out of my system. Everything went wrong with it, but I found a way around every quirk, sometimes you had to load one program first, another time I kept having my system not boot up properly, and so I move my mouse after the first hour-glass, and not after the successive ones that show, and it actually booted that way from there on out. And then I once had to use linux to do system fixes... which is what you should do, Neoki... check you bios and buy a second hard drive if you haven't and install linux just on that one (THIS HELPS A LOAD OF BUNCHES! Windows can't see linux, if windows scraps its hard drive linux is still there, and you can easily fix windows... thusly, if you're a good hacker with hex-edit proggies, and TRUST me, that comes natural after a few years with linux. Neoki, dispite what some might belive about first install, my very first install of linux went perfectly fine. try it, it's better than having no computer at all, and don't fret when the part comes to formating, just MAKE SURE you know which hard drive is which before linux does something (mandrake usually selects which ones you want to format for you, so try it)... or else just get me on the phone with a phone card on a weekend and we can hack and slash the thingy. ;-) CYAH!

IP:

JVortex
posted October 21, 2001 10:00 PM            
hey, if the copy of the stingers in your email box is the exact same copy i sent to you then thye really arent even ready for beta. they are just a quickie throw together to give you a skeleton of files to work from, about 15, 20 minutes worth of work is all...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 21, 2001 10:32 PM            
Actually, I didn't have a chance to check out the Hornets, so I really didn't know, oh and as for slaping my PC, I tried that. And, you probably wouldn't do that if you had a $100 G-Card. My dad told me that his PC when he first got it, had a $500 G-Card. Well anyway, It turns out that all I may have to do is reinstall Windows98. Well L8R all.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 22, 2001 12:43 PM            
hehehe what u sayin dudy, linux turns u into an expert hacker lol !

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 24, 2001 10:59 AM            
I'm a genius. Well I figured out a plan that will get me back on my PC. Since I have network neiborhood with my parents I can access my comp from my moms or dads comp. And I figured that all I have to do to see my love again (comp) is locate all the ati files in my windows directory and replace them with the older ones. This may take some time but it should work. But if it doesn't, I'll just use my moms PC to send out the other two mods that i'v made and work on the new ones here.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 24, 2001 11:25 AM            
yeah and dont forget theres always DOS in a lousy situation (tho not in XP *CRYS*)

manys the time ive fixed stuff in dos - undeleteable files n all that - see dos is seperate and basicly doesnt give a toss what windows likes or doesnt like

IP:

Paranor
posted October 24, 2001 03:40 PM            
Ahh - other than Matrix who else knows what "edlin" is?

I ask that of my tuesday night students (W2K PRO CLASS) and just get blank stares.

lol -

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 24, 2001 04:48 PM            
edlin?

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 24, 2001 05:08 PM            
Line oriented text editor.

Allows you to edit an ascii file using commands. It has a bunch of switches. All I remember is c for copy, m for move, d for delete.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 24, 2001 05:31 PM            
Sounds like the dos version of the graphical version of the TSO editor under ISPF. Just kidding I used edlin years ago all the time. Although the connection to the mainframe editors is true in a manner of speaking. They all grew up on separate paths during the same timeframe. (Ah the memories - real operating systems without WINDOZE)!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 24, 2001 09:15 PM            
hehehe forget edlin.... go back to dos 2 - remember RPED ?

IP:

Paranor
posted October 25, 2001 12:03 AM            
Hey Sailor - I did programming using CSP on TSO and ported it over to the production CISC on a 3090. At lest I belive that's the right acronyms. I did that in 1990-1992. Using a IBM PS/2 55SX with OS/2 and a MCA 3270 emulator card. WAHOO!

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 25, 2001 03:42 PM            
Well here they are, the Meteor Weapon A.K.A R.A.M and the Fire Cannon. Hope you all like them.
http://neogenki.tripod.com/Zyon_Mods_and_Crap/

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 26, 2001 02:21 PM            
Another thing, my card is a APG card that can't be removed.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Rex R
posted October 27, 2001 02:38 AM            
removed perhaps not but oft times they can be disabled either by a bios setting or a jumper(course if your setup is like mine with all the manuals online... may take a bit of doing to find out how) then again some 'puters are not set up that way and you'll have no recourse except take the thing into the shop. hopefully random factors will go your way

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 28, 2001 03:15 AM            
NeoKi,

Boot into windows safe mode (press F5 at boot screen). Once in safe mode, change your video to the basic VGA driver. Reboot and reinstall your old ATI driver. That should give you a better option.

IP: