|
Author Topic:   has anyone seen?
KONG
posted October 19, 2001 11:10 PM            
has anyone seen Synack? haven't seen him in a while. anyone know whats up with him?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 19, 2001 11:19 PM            
Think he played in a DDM a week or two ago.Or maybe he was online just before it started.Anyway,months go by in between the times I see him.

IP:

synack
posted October 20, 2001 07:48 AM         
I'm here. Thanks for asking.

I stopped playing after the attacks of September 11th. I lost my best friend of 22 years, Joe DeLuca, in the hijacked jet that crashed in Pennsylvania, and I was in pretty bad shape for several weeks. I lost interest in everything, including TM.

I work near Newark Airport, where UAL Flight 93, Joe's flight, originated that day. Now I stare at each approaching or departing jet until I can't see it any longer. I don't really know why, but I can't seem to help myself just yet.

But I just recently learned that he was one of the passengers who was able to make a cell phone call. He called his father and said his goodbyes. He told him they were going to charge the cockpit and fight back.

It helped me to believe that he would have been one of the ones to fight back, but learning that he'd told that to his father convinced me that Joe was one of the heroes of that flight. They were all heroes.

So I decided it was time for me to start to get my life back. I know Joe would have wanted me to do that.

It's taken alot of effort, but I've forced myself to start doing the things I used to enjoy, even though I didn't really feel much like it. I've just this week started to play TM a little again. First I played anonymously. Then I put my name back. I wish TM had an American Flag to fly, but instead I now fly the purple heart. I do this in Joe's memory and honor, and for all of those who lost their lives that day.

It may still be awhile before I DDM again, but I'll be seeing you all on the battlefield here and there.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited October 20, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted October 20, 2001 08:31 AM            
Sorry to hear the loss of your friend Synack.

IP:

KONG
posted October 20, 2001 08:38 AM            
good to here from you, was gettin worried

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 20, 2001 11:28 AM            
Dreadful business....you have our condolences...

I've just spoken to Philippe...We'll do up an American flag with entity and post it on our site for convenient download.

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 20, 2001 04:42 PM            
The files are up:

We had to mess around with a new mesh so only the stripes show in the menu.

It looks mighty fine in game though

Jim

IP:

synack
posted October 20, 2001 05:50 PM         
Guys, thanks for your sentiments.

Jim, thank you. I'm touched and very grateful.

I just downloaded the flag, and just as you say, it looks great in gameplay.

Words sort of fail me, but this really means alot to me. Thank you very much.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 20, 2001 07:08 PM            
also expect an american flag to be in the Storm Pack as well. It may be the very flag here that LDA has posted, im not sure yet. the flag i have was sent to me.

im sorry to hear of your loss...

thanks from me as well LDA

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 20, 2001 07:20 PM            
synack...sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It touches me deeply that LDA has responded with kindness and speed. Thank you both for who you are.

BamZipPow
...how things get fragged

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 20, 2001 07:57 PM            
Philippe just made that flag bmp this afternoon in Photoshop, while looking at a picture of one...so it may not be exact.

Jim

IP:

Marmalizer
posted October 20, 2001 08:49 PM            
So sorry to hear the dreadful and humbling loss of your friend, Synack.
You're right, he was a fighter and hero and if we ever rid the world of the cowardly evil that can do these terrible things he'll be remembered as one of the first in that heroic fight.
Hope this gives you, a little hope, and that we all feel the deepest of sympathies for Joe.

Good luck U.S.A.
Peacekeepers.

IP:

Neo
posted October 20, 2001 09:55 PM            
I'm sorry to hear about Joe, Synack.

LDA: Perhaps you guys should read the boards more carefully; you could save yourselves some work!! By that, I mean... /forums/archive/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000012.html (notice the date) and /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001471.html both discuss flag designs, incl. the US flag.

http://www.volare.net/neo is home to my flag pack which contains the US flag and approx. 90 others.

All are encouraged to download my flags. However, for those who wish to wait, I think Matrix is planning on compiling it with a bunch of others and placing one giant universal flag pack on his site for everyone to download. Not sure though, so check my flags out anyway...

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 21, 2001 01:15 AM            
Yes, I see that now....It still felt good to take a break and dig back into TM...

I scan through a list of email that give the text of posts and pick up on significant commentary such as above. I'm afraid that most of the rest slips me by.

Jim

IP:

Rex R
posted October 21, 2001 02:41 AM            
one difference tho with LDA's flag, it has a NEW mesh!! nice bit of work fellas(down loaded and installed)

IP:

ni
posted October 21, 2001 09:31 AM            
Sorry to hear this Synack and hope to see you back in TM competition soon!!

I too would like to show my gratitude an thanks for LDA offering some excellent support and going out their way for this!

IP:

synack
posted October 21, 2001 06:46 PM         
Guys, once again, thanks for your thoughts.

Jim and Philippe, the flag is absolutely perfect. Philippe, you did an outstanding job.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

IP: