|
Author Topic:   patches, and stuff thats needed
Grind_and_Click
posted October 18, 2001 11:16 PM            
hey guys

i got all the patches from some site but none of them sed ihad a recognised verson of TM but i do i got it from the store i swear to god im no leech, so whats with that? , and to play online do i need to d/l all the new weapons and new tanks? and o ye u guys know any good add on tanks sites? thanks hope to see some dudes on the servers when i get the patch workin

p.s i gt version 1.5

ty

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 18, 2001 11:40 PM            
Go here:

Unable to Upgrade

[Edit]
You may be able to get away with downloading the config file from the site since you have 1.5

[This message has been edited by Kevlar (edited October 18, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 18, 2001 11:48 PM            
yup - and all mod sites, pix, news, clans etc is at www.deathmatch-federation.com and www.dnxworld.com

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted October 19, 2001 01:51 AM            
hey i di what it sed about uninstalling and stuff but it still ses it doesent recognise it or **** s i duno? i think i need the config file ???

what do u think?

thanks by the way =)

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 19, 2001 07:07 AM         
Matrix - how come you always forget to mention the #1 TM site - the widow's lair?
[edit]

[/edit]

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited October 19, 2001).]

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 19, 2001 08:31 AM            
If you haven't tried it yet. On this page u'll find the download for the congfig file that goes in the root folder of TM. Rename the old ''config.cfg''.

http://www.treadmarks.com/download.html

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted October 19, 2001 10:13 AM            
i tryd getng the cnf file but it just came up with a bunch of numbers on my screen and dint ask me for a download , or was this ment to happen!? wot do i do exactly , sorry dimness somtimes overrides me

thanks dudes

IP:

peeeto
posted October 19, 2001 10:21 AM         
try right-clicking on the download link, then select "Save Target As..." to force the browser to download the file instead of displaying it.

good luck - welcome!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 19, 2001 10:29 AM            
"Matrix - how come you always forget to mention the #1 TM site - the widow's lair?"

hehe cos its on the front page of the DMF and stands the chance of a hit like any of the other sites. I could list all sites - but hey thats what the links on dmf are for - to save all that typing

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 19, 2001 11:48 AM            
Well Mr. Grind, I have just sent you the file By email. It's been zipped

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted October 19, 2001 12:18 PM            
hey agen =/

i copyed the thing as sav target and got it as a txt file so i put it in place of the cnfg file that was there but stil the same prob
sorry for this but wats the deal man?
thanks!!!

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 19, 2001 01:18 PM            
It's not a text. file. Use Note pad to read it. Also, you don't need to click save target with the zip file.

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 19, 2001 03:55 PM            
Also, you can't edit it before you upgrade.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted October 19, 2001 04:08 PM            
Welcome to TM Grind.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted October 19, 2001 08:13 PM            
hey thanx u guys for all your help and thanks for the welcomes , but i stll hav issues with the stoopid patch lol , i think its cos i have the patches to update the 1.6 version of TM cos thats what the patch readme seems to suggest , i know im making myself look dumb but im used to it :P so its kool lol, i just need to find the exact place of the patch now i guess to update 1.5 to the l8est version ...i apologise emensely for my dumness <=)

respect due
G&C

IP:

KONG
posted October 19, 2001 08:36 PM            
best thing to do:
1) uninstall tm
2) INSTALL TM 1.5
3)do not open TM
4)upgrade to 1.5.9
5) do not open TM
6)upgrade to 1.6
7) everything should be cool

ps- when you uninstall, make sure you delete the tm directories b4 re-installing

actually tou can play on 1.6 with 1.59 version.

don't despair, everyone went through this with the last update

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited October 19, 2001).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted October 19, 2001 11:08 PM            
i tryed what u sed and downloaded the 1.5.9 patch to 1.6 but it still ses the same
and the 1.5.5 to 1.6 but still the same(but all i know that i got is and i hav the new cfg file and i have uninstalled and reinstalled and deleeted directories before reinstaling , but still no joy, maybe some 1 could get me on icq if there feeling charitable or msn my icq number is 115083065

thanks for all your help it was much apreciated =)

G&C

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted October 20, 2001 10:49 AM            
hey dreamer, matrix, :P u both forgot TM Biography Web Site http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/
cyah on icq

IP: