Something new?

Somebody tell me!

I need to know!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 13, 2001 11:13 PM            
I was wondering if anybody was going to post.Look how lost we are without WM already I say just have a straight up DDM.I think it would be some good to get people in the spirit again.Not sure what servers are up yet.I'll probably edit this in a little bit once I see if any good servers are up.In case you don't check the forum between now and tommorow,just show up on the server with the people on it at 8EST Sunday night.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 14, 2001 10:53 AM            
Argh - it's sunday already?

Well, it's regular DDM tonight.

I setup a server. it's a P4 on a T-1 at work.

This is using a somewhat older DDM config - anyone care to make sure it's right?

DedicatedFPS = 9

MaxClients = 20
SendHeartbeats = 18

ServerRate = 3000

TimeLimit = 30

FragLimit = 30

Deathmatch = 1

StartDelay = 30

CoolDownTime = 20

LogFileActive = 1
LogFileName = "dedicated.log"

#Number of AI bot tanks.
NumTanks = 6

#When enabled, the game will add/remove AIs when players join and leave to keep the tank count equal to NumTanks
AIAutoFill = 1

#The skill level of the bots, between 0.0 and 1.0.
AISkill = 1.0

#The types of tanks allowed for bots, 0 is all, 1 is Steel, 2 is Liquid.
LimitTankTypes = 0

#Set this to 1 to enable people to join teams. If 0, no teams are allowed.
TeamPlay = 1

#Set this to 1 to use Team Scoring instead of individual scoring, if team play is on.
TeamScores = 0

#Set this to 1 to allow team members to kill each other (but it won't give frags).
TeamDamage = 1

#The number of teams allowed on this server. Individual maps can be set to less than this value, and will override this value if lower
MaxAllowedTeams = 6

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 14, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 14, 2001 03:52 PM            
Thanks Paranor!!!!!!You might take WM's place rather nicley Setup looks good.Does Teamdamage 1 mean yes?Because it's supposed to be.What about maps?I wouldn't want to start it and have the first map be the Tank Luge or something like that

IP:

Paranor
posted October 14, 2001 03:56 PM            
I use the same maps as weatherman or skan - can't remember. The PC is 30 miles away so I don't quit feel like checking and I'm watching the packers game.

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 14, 2001 03:59 PM            
Oh and I would like to see ice world, I know not many ppl like it, and least thats what WM told me, but I would still like to there.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Neo
posted October 14, 2001 05:54 PM            
I think I can run a backup server off my computer; I have a 100 MB/sec LAN connection. If there are any overflow players, they can join on my server. If Paranor's server does something funky or lags out, we'll have a backup, at least.

I'll set it up with the exact same settings. I'll try to use the right maps, too...

IP:

Paranor
posted October 14, 2001 10:01 PM            
Err - nice DDM for everyone else except me. UGH - didn't even place 3rd!

2nd game - that was weird with all of the nukes and shadows spawning everywhere. I was concerened for our dialup users - they appear to lag when nukes are constantly going off. Nobody said anything to the contrary so I restarted the server. It appears that made the same problem. Oh well - so much for trying.

NEXT WEEK: CLAN DDM!

WM - can you host?

EDIT: The above may make it sounds like I didn't have fun and the only purpose is to win. That's not the case - I always have a blast. BTW: Who in the heck is this King John? fragging me left & right. And Frido? did I get that name right?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 14, 2001 11:35 PM            
Sry bout you luck Paranor,I guess I was having the exact opposite night with a 2nd,1st,1st............
I was hoping we would have carried on with that second one just to see how it would have unfolded.I beleive you got it right the 3rd try
King James played on the 1.01 demo server a lot and which I heard was finally shutdown(yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh)Some of those demo guys bought the game(Ferdi,King James...............)If you see them online,yell them to stop by here and get involved with the community.Some of the people that played didn't know what was going on and where asking,"Why are there so many playing" or "What is a DDM"

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 14, 2001 11:35 PM            
who has the pics for me? Sorry I had to go, I got a really bad hedache I think it was from me not having any caffeine for a couple of days. Got caffeine into me now and feel better, stuff is to addictive.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 14, 2001 11:36 PM            
Errrrr...I mean King John Paranor has the pics I believe.

IP:

Neo
posted October 15, 2001 12:52 AM            
I have pictures as well; if anyone wants them, ICQ me or email me...

I didn't have as much fun as I normally do. Was getting some major framerate problems all night. I don't think it was the server--I was running my own separate server in the background and I think it was just too much for my wimpy P3 800Mhz cpu. Whatever it was, I'm sure my frustration was evident to most of you, so I apologise for the constant complaining... I think most of you know to ignore me by now anyway.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 15, 2001 01:10 AM            
very nice result super - you continue to hold the tm crown and show the rest what it is to need to aspire rather than run and perspire lol

IP:

Paranor
posted October 15, 2001 08:05 AM            
Neo - you were a little more chatty than usually.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 15, 2001 10:45 AM            
During the weird second game I was constantly getting

Could not find Entity with Hash -533049595

errors on the server and thus int he log file. What does this mean?

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 15, 2001 10:57 AM         
could have been a player with a custom flag on the server, afaik

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 15, 2001 04:08 PM            
Just remebered(with the help of Paranor's pics) that DNX Vegata got 1st the first game.That means DNX scored first in every game!!!!DNX Rules!!!!!!!!!!!Just egging it on for the future clan wars

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 16, 2001 04:19 PM            
3 wins for dnx - and were minus 1 point on the leaderboard - what am i not understanding here ?

IP:

Paranor
posted October 16, 2001 04:52 PM            
Is this the same thing you are referring to in the DDM17 pics topic? What leaderboard?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 16, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 16, 2001 08:45 PM            
yeah tis parnor - i refer to coaxes ddm ranks. :\

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 16, 2001 09:59 PM            
-1 because i updated it last wednesday. Still working out what i want to do with the page. Also the page isn't fully updated yet, so don't start getting mad at me yet. I'll make a new topic when I'm done just to kill space

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 17, 2001 12:43 AM            
np coax, thx for the update..... ur site is used more than you know and a valuable source of good info

minus the bloody BIO login here lol ! i await the update with anticipation.

IP: