|
Author Topic:   help?
kv
posted October 11, 2001 06:17 PM            
Treadmarks is locking on my new Dell laptop.

(important) Specs:
1.13 Ghz P3-M
32 Mb Geforce2Go
15.1 inch SXGA LCD @ 1400 x 1050 native
384 Mb Ram
30 Gb HD

If I turn the settings all the way down it locks less or not at all. But when I turn all the setting back up it usually locks within 30 seconds of level start.

I have just also noted the fact that the game is not allowing me to set the resolution above 1024 x 768. Any higher and it goes back to 640 x 480.

All drivers are as up-to-date as possible. Any ideas?

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 11, 2001 08:37 PM            
I have noticed the same thing lalely. While i'm playing, the game will get stuck. I simple restart it though, and it works, for a while though. But I don't think it has anything to do with my setting except my bit, right now it's at 32bits, it didn't do this at 16 though, I think thats wht it is Kv.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

kv
posted October 11, 2001 09:13 PM            
:/ worth a shot, tried everything else.

IP:

kv
posted October 11, 2001 09:36 PM            
WOOHOO!

6 minutes and no crash, must have worked.

K, I plan to be on the game servers more now that I have a better connection, and now that the notebook works properly.

Watch out if I join, I'll be the one in the flying claymore coming at you head on with guns blazing.

IP:

kv
posted October 11, 2001 10:23 PM            
Is that what the PS2 version will look like?

Just played treadmarks on my t.v. Could not believe how good it looked. Everything was perfect. Textures were cleaner, no jaggies, nice sharp colors.

heh, never thought of a laptop as a replacement for a console gaming system.

IP:

A2597
posted October 12, 2001 12:17 AM            
how do I hook a PC up to a TV?

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 12, 2001 04:24 AM            
You buy a new monitor that has TV out then you run it to the digital input on newer TV's.You could also go vice versa and watch TV on your monitor with a better picture quality than TV's(usually)

IP:

kv
posted October 12, 2001 08:13 AM            
My laptop has a TV out on the side that you plug an adapter into that provides an S-video port, a composite video out, and a composite audio out (mono only I think).

Too bad the highest res supported was only 800x600.

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted October 12, 2001 11:54 PM            
or you can get a scan converter it works just as well and maybe even better

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 13, 2001 12:34 AM            
be careful u dont get "shadowing" on your tv from the unfamiliar signal - some tv's dont like console games or pc's - even tho they can display the signal....

some tvs can be irriparably damaged in this way - eg. panasonic 32inch widesceeen.

screws ya pic up[ well bad - no waranty will cover that either.

IP: