This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Hello
KONG
posted October 10, 2001 08:58 PM            
Nobody ever gives any feedback on my maps, either on my bb or here or by email. not that i really am worried about it. but if nobody uses my site or maps just post here that they blow. no prob. I will not waste anymore time on it. if no one replies to this post then i will have my answer. I just dont want to waste anymore time on something that is not going to be used. I'll just delete the whole mess.

thank you

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 10, 2001 09:49 PM            
Kong, you satellite maps kick ahhs!!!
I know you get frustrated sometimes when ppl don't respond, I know I dislike it when ppl don't to my mods, of course thats rare.
Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

------------------
Sushi

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 10, 2001 10:56 PM            
Some fo yuor maps are good and others are not.I've seen that you are addicted to 90 degree angles for some reason I haven't tried any of your maps latley.Do you have them on a site somewhere.If so put the link in your signature and I'm sure others and myself will go there and give all your maps a try.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 10, 2001 10:59 PM            
dont think youre on your own kong - dreamer gets sod all response on the tmapper having to ask "is anyone actually using it" in order to get a response.

i had 17 people download the bz mod for beta test - only a third of them actually gave me feedback.

and just for the sake of cranking it up - ive taken my tm/bz info elsewhere - for what its worth im getting a far better response than i do here.

but that said - forums everywhere are pretty quiet at the moment. DNX is used to getting around 20 posts a day on our member forum - the average at the moment is 3.

u crack on with ya maps - i sure like em !

IP:

KONG
posted October 10, 2001 11:25 PM            
thanks for the response. if even 1 person benefits i'll keep it going. thanks. to some of you new mappers, should i keep posting heightmaps on the site so you can play with them?

supe-not all of my maps have 90 degree angles. I know that you like flat maps. that is why i made ctf chevron. if there is something you want to see specifically, let me know and i'll try to make it. or better yet, fire up tmapper and show us what u like. i will help any way that i can. put that new vid card to some good use.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited October 10, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted October 11, 2001 12:45 AM            
i likes your maps. would like to snag a few more and convert em to race maps and toss em into the storm pack, heh. but i dont want to alter all your creations .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm is coming... :)

IP:

KONG
posted October 11, 2001 12:55 AM            
help yourself dude, anyone is welcome to expound on my work. just pleez rename it

IP:

KONG
posted October 11, 2001 01:09 AM            
due to overwhelming requests, i have posted a pic of kong on my page. dont b dissappointed. I am the guy on the right.
http://tmkong.tripod.com/tmk/

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited October 11, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted October 11, 2001 02:07 AM            
again, should i post anymore heightmaps for ppl to play with? or does everyone get the idea now?

if anyone is really lost, go to treadmarks.de. look at the forum under tmapper. and pleez ask questions

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 11, 2001 02:50 AM            
cool pic, I forget your an oldie

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 11, 2001 04:27 AM            
I'm not that partial to flat maps(I don't think I've seen a flat map).I like hills too.90 degee angles aren't hills they are walls Ever try to climb a wall?Thats the point I'm making with maps and steep angles.I'll give some of them a try.

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 11, 2001 05:07 AM         
Does anyone still have Noper's "DM Flatland"?

IP:

Rex R
posted October 11, 2001 05:24 AM            
i believe that I have a copy or two floating about on the hd. want one?

IP:

A2597
posted October 11, 2001 09:36 AM            
Unforutally, I STILL don't have the full version...I hope it's in the mail. as soon as I get it, I'll be testing those maps.

and trust me, I know what it's like not getting feedback. I have yet to get ANY feedback on my Mirvs of Steel weapon now that it's working...

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Paranor
posted October 11, 2001 11:10 AM            
I'm guitly Matrix - I had the e-mail in my draft box but forgot about it. sigh. My son likes it!

I would love to beta test more but any free time I get I either work on setting up my home LAN or actually playing. As a player I appreciate you all taking time to add stuff to the game and I feel guilty not testing it.

Someday when soon my wife leaves for a business trip then WATCH OUT!

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 11, 2001 11:46 AM            
Hey Kong, I would leave the height maps up if you have the space. I remember downloading them to get an idea of height maps, so I'm sure others who start making maps will do the same.

I finally got time to take a look at the test hills DEM map. I like it so much I made one made from a DEM too. I can send it to you if you like. I prolly should have commented on it sooner.

I understand about the no feedback too, I did not get a whole lot of feedback on the 2 I posted either. I am now working on my 5th map and about 3/4 of the way thru with my 1st tank. (JV, I may have some questions for you soon.) I think one reason is most ppl want to try a new map out on the server instead of downloading and playing single player. But keep up the good work. That's what makes TM so great... everybody brings good ideas to the table. How do you go about getting new maps to be used in a server pack?

Par, I am back up and running tm at work, (updated vid drivers), so see you at lunch.

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 11, 2001 11:55 AM         
Might be a good idea to send maps to us (BWL) for review and hosting...

IP:

Neo
posted October 11, 2001 04:35 PM            
Kong was with the infantry?!

IP:

JVortex
posted October 11, 2001 05:06 PM            
are u kidding? you should'a seen him in action. Kong WAS THE infantry. jumpin from tree to tree, kickin arse, scoopin up the field mice and boppin em on the head.

(im the guy on the left, tho its not a very good picture) . hehehe

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited October 11, 2001).]

IP:

Neo
posted October 12, 2001 02:16 AM            
What?!??! JV, I thought you were in like junior high during 'nam?!

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 12, 2001 08:34 AM            
Was that picture taken in Nam? Did they use blank adapters in nam? (on end of gun barrel)

IP:

KONG
posted October 12, 2001 08:38 AM            
that pic was taken in hawaii. i'm not that old. doh!

thanks kevlar i'll fix that link

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited October 12, 2001).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 12, 2001 02:49 PM            
I guess we have to say that I am the old guy. Birthday coming up in 12 days and I will be 56. So maybe I hold the old age record for the moment.
I was in Vietnam during the disagreement (you go out to win wars - Nam was not a war!!!) we did not intend to defeat anyone or we would have.
Political game play and stupidity, but enough of my rant.
Let's "rm -rf /bin/laden" that is one we need to win for all the innocent victims of last months attacks. Enough said - rant over. Old guy quiet now.
Oh and as I said on your BB Kong your maps are truly looking good. I got to talk to you some about those. Catch you later.

For the un-unix types: rm -rf /bin/laden means remove (rm) everything below the directory (/bin/laden) recursively with a force option (-rf) {and I hope we do} LOL!

Thanks Matrix - forgot about the un-unix types. Haha We should all learn good operating systems!! NON-MickeySoft

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited October 12, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 12, 2001 09:10 PM            
better explain "rm -rf /bin/laden" for the non cli (command line interface) knowledged ppl out there man - lol

for the record i love it and agree 100% lol

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 12, 2001 11:29 PM            
Unix punix.........whats wrong with Windoze?(jk of course)I didn't ever like MS-DOS and thats what Unix reminds me of.I prefer a GUI.Though there may be GUI for Unix now.........havn't really tried to learn since Unix first came out.
Annnnnnyyyyyywwwayyyyy,Kong....I dloaded some maps and I'll give you some feedback soon.You asked what I'd like to see in a map.I've always wanted to see a a semi-flat map with a huge mountain in the middle,at maybe a 50-60 degree angle all the way to the top.Like as high as you can make it.The top will give you a 360 degree view of the bottom by just turning the tank.And definantly a spawn spot at the very top.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2