|
Author Topic:   Can't play TM!!!
NeoKi
posted October 09, 2001 02:58 PM            
Theres some wrong with TM, when I start it up, the little screen starts and this little thing pops up saying: Could not initialize acceptable OpenGL rendering context!
What should I do? I tried reloading GLsetup, but it still didn't work? this sucks.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 09, 2001 03:32 PM            
the old bug rears its ugly little head....

IP:

Kevlar
posted October 09, 2001 05:27 PM            
I got an error at work until I upgraded my Nvidia video card drivers. Don't remember if it was the same error.

IP:

Irascible
posted October 09, 2001 08:14 PM            
I got that error when I upgraded to Windows XP and forgot to upgrade to NVidia's XP driver.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 09, 2001 08:56 PM            
How is XP working out as far as game play?

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 09, 2001 09:41 PM            
Well I use a ATI Rage Pro.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 09, 2001 09:50 PM            
Never mind, I fixed it. I had the screen turned at 32bit when it was at 16. Wll I won't do that again.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 09, 2001 10:47 PM            
Okay, I decide to rant here about why I haven't been spamming too much these days:

For one, when I got back home, I had to rplace my sattelite modem with a new one, but the company that built it (DirecPC... synonymous with evil) sent me another modem that was even more shorted out, so I had to send for another one which finally worked, although it was still slightly shorted by 2 volts below normal work level. Then I had to replace the coaxials outside, which isn't fun in New York at this time of the year (nor at any other time, really). Then I had to replace my dialup modem which took me a long time since winblows kept doing its "I know you have new hardware and I'm gonna use my drivers whther you like it or not!" Then I got my internet working until last week when my supermount was badly messed up somehow <insert bad cussings about windows here> which means that I had to first buy a pro disk fixing program, which obviously couldn't recover something like that and didn't go nicely with my wallet. Then I had to format the first hard drive with linux to run the windows installer which formatted a hundred times slower than linux and after that I have to load lilo. Then I had to go through reinstalling every STINKIN' driver and tell windows repeatedly which one to use, uninstalling every other one so I can reboot with the disk of drivers for the hardware that way it actually works. Then I had to figure out my phone number because the terrorist attack knocked out the server phone numbers for DirecPC, which I gave up on until just a few minutes ago my dad found something SOMEHOW that talked about 50 minutes seesions in the middle of the night/morning . Now I have to download all this software all over again (I wasn't stupid enough to forget to download most downloads and TM Add-Ons, so JL's precious original FT&CD servers aren't lost....... I hope, and I'm sure I hope truely... ). Now I'm in a very bad mood and I ask that everyone send me their e-mails again and I'll get on icq (HOPEFULLY, I never knew how I got it running on a satellite modem in the first place, LOL). Okay, let me get some sedative *unpacks some morphine* before somebody tells me how I could have fixed my supermount. And is anyone in the mood for going on a TM server and naming themselves Winblows and keeping their health down at 10 hp?

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 09, 2001 11:06 PM            
Oh, and can someone find the detonation drivers for the nvidia chipset, they added a good 10fps to my games,

OOOPS, edit, *click* the kogs in my head just started again. DUHOIT! Of course, I can get the drivers at the nvidia website, thnx if you're posting at this very second for my sweet innocent self, tho *laughs evilly*

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited October 09, 2001).]

IP:

Irascible
posted October 09, 2001 11:45 PM            
I have an Athlon 700 with a GeForce DDR and TM runs just as good in XP as 98. The big advantage is that the one time that TM crashed in XP it didn't take the whole system down (old hat for you NT/2000 folks I'm sure).

IP: