|
Author Topic:   New Weapon: Zyon Plasma Beam
NeoKi
posted October 09, 2001 02:45 PM            
This is an awesome weapon idea that came from X-Men. It fires an electrical beam like a machine gun, but its more powerful and has a much cooler effect. I tried to come up with something much more spectacular, but I think this is better. I will release it l8r 2day on my site, but if you can't wait, ICQ me.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 09, 2001 11:20 PM            
Hrm, sounds like the True Laser DVS made, only that thing was buggy, too powerful, and everything else naughty (after JL and I were done with it, mwahahahahahah). Have you made this as an update to that, also? If so, THANKS! I loved the thing while it was good until the laser trails were shortened and what-not. In fact, it would be nice to have some modders that go through and tweak stuff *looking at himself*. No no, don't look at me, I gotta pythonize this all (*HINT HINT* at my mod)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 09, 2001 11:33 PM            
Hey Neoki,why don't you make a mod pack and put all of your mods in it?You saying X-men got me thinking.I was thinking of the different Xmen and all of there powers and how to convert it to a TM weapon.Then I thought of the sorta Xmen favorite Wolverine.Then the idea of putting a melee weapon on a tank hit me.It dosen't have to be claws like wolverine,but some sort of close combat weapon.Reminds me of the game Carmaggedon....which is like TM im some cases.The some weapons are close combat.Like one for instance,was a boxing glove powered by a spring.Once you got close to the enemy,you would give them a pop and they would fly like getting hit by a mass driver.Just a thought since the mods I see being created are medium to long range weapons and not much that are melee weapons.Maybe some of you mod experts can rip something out like what I said??????Or just some kind of weapons that are for very close range.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 10, 2001 01:51 AM            
is 20 meters close enough? admittedly the kinetic lance isn't a bolton weapon but it could be...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 10, 2001 04:12 AM            
I was thinking more along the lines of point blank Maybe i'll have to take a crack at modding so I can try some of my ideas.Would it be somewhat practicle to import weapons from other games?Like I said,Carmmegedon is a game with a playing style like TM.Drive around in suped up vehicles and try to frag everybody.Of course in that game most of the damage was delivered by collisions with other vehicles..........I can think of lots of weapons that would be cool in TM,BUT..I've never modded before I don't know if some of them are impossible or impracticle.

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 10, 2001 10:18 AM            
No, this is not a updated mod. And there are some X-Men that use guns. I'll show you:
http://www.spiderman.com/comics/bios/bio_cable.htm
He, like some ather mutants use guns. Except his are really cool.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

JVortex
posted October 10, 2001 10:43 AM            
well Supe, whats some of your ideas? ICQ at me or post here or email or somethin. i could use a few more weapon ideas for the Storm Pack .

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 10, 2001 11:03 PM            
I'll have to get back to you a little later JV.I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of modding right now.That might get rid of some of my ideas I'll make sure and make you a list ASAP though.I have a question for u guys ......how about making powerups that effect the tank or gameplay.Like an invisible powerup or one that makes you invincible for a short time??????If only i knew how to program

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 11, 2001 12:13 AM            
Well I know a easy way to make you invisable, just take the projectile from JV's Warbird, that one that makes you invisable and comvert it into a powerup. As for the one that makes you invincable, maybe you could turn a powerup into a weapon that give you 100% life that last for 10secs?

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Rex R
posted October 11, 2001 01:01 AM            
sorry should have been more specific the lance works from 0-20meters max range is 20 meters(think mass driver with a really short range)

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 11, 2001 12:46 PM            
New weapon, ready for Download, well at least for icq sending or email. It's called the love gun, it fires green little hearts with a big kick, when you fire this weapon, share the love. my email is
Shiroi-Genki@excite.com and my icq is 128804221

------------------
Sushi

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 11, 2001 03:05 PM            
this belongs in the mod forum, Maybe, its kinda iffy.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 11, 2001 08:15 PM            
err umm yes think you're right bout the mod portion going over to the mod forum.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 11, 2001 10:35 PM            
Well.......I think most releases should be in the general forum(that way not only modders know when a mod is released),everything else should be in the mod forum

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 12, 2001 04:47 PM            
well here they are: http://neogenki.tripod.com/Zyon_Mods_and_Crap/

Go there to download my new weapons.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

wolfman
posted October 13, 2001 01:12 PM            
Have downloaded both - and love em - "Love Gun" cracks me up - my wife just looked at me sideways when I told her the name lol Keep up the great work Neo - and all the other modders as well. JT

IP: