|
Author Topic:   Master Client Ranting
coax
Administrator
posted October 07, 2001 06:55 PM            
Does anyone know enough about programming to upgrade the master client? It would be nicer to have a more versatile master client. Maybe LDA can release the source code so that the community can upgrade itself

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 08, 2001 04:18 AM         
We don't need the source code - sure would be handy, though - the network protocol used should suffice...
As a matter of fact Jim and Tom must be pretty annoyed by my constant nagging by now - I've been asking for months.

Most recent development is that Jim has promised to talk to Tom about releasing something we can work with.

IP:

Dudymas
posted October 09, 2001 10:33 PM            
Fun fun, now we can have some serious server stuff. Can we have a master client program built into TM also? I'd like it if TM had the human/AI ratios right on hand. thnx

IP:

coaxs
posted December 31, 2003 06:11 AM            
Any hope of an update? I know we were told that it would never be updated and don't ask. But we can still hope.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 31, 2003 09:33 AM            
LOL. I was actually bugging Jim myself about the exact same thing. I was planning to add the network code to my webservice for the TMServer status page, as well as build a new master client in C# that also tied in to my webservices.

Dreamer: We should get together on this. Our combined nagging power would be formidable.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited December 31, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 31, 2003 10:34 AM            
DNX Blandy is (was) working on an updated version which would incorporate boomstick logged servers - it didnt get off the ground due to lack of input. Killers links were useful but LDA (to my knowing) didnt pass any info over - without that theres nothing we can do.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted December 31, 2003 12:42 PM            
Worse comes to worse we could always reverse engineer it. LOL

IP: