|
Author Topic:   <<< CTF DDM Sunday 10/07/01 8:00 PM EST.
Paranor
posted October 05, 2001 11:04 AM            
OMG - it's October already!

DDM this week is CTF. It was very fun last time around. WM, are you going to be da man and be able to host the server again?

And can you make it either 18 or 21 people so we can have 3 teams? Or should we have 4? Last time there were too many people on each team which caused a lot of defending.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 05, 2001 11:33 AM         
sure, i will host. the only problem is that there are only stock 2 flag ctfs. I think that the max players should be 5 per side. any more and it is a real mess. I could host 2 side by side CTFs limited to 10 players each and 6 bots initially on each server. We can just make it a point to keep an eye on the servers and try to keep em balanced. Since CTF's don't count, it should be easy to keep it laid back.

IP:

quotation
posted October 05, 2001 01:22 PM            
can anybody join in on this?

thx - "

IP:

peeeto
posted October 05, 2001 01:29 PM         
sure, "! anyone is welcome for the weekly matches

IP:

Paranor
posted October 05, 2001 02:24 PM            
Welcome to treadmarks quotation! yes, everyone is welcome. In case you don't know what the sunday DDM is - it's a weekly battle for anyone who can make it (deadliest death match). Due to the popularity the server has been limited to 20 tanks. First come first served. It's always at 8:00 pm EST and it's strictly stock tanks and stock weapons. Keep that in mind if you try to connect with a non-stock tank and have problems.

Coax keeps a ranking page at http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html
The numbers only come from when we have a "normal" DDM like last week. To keep things different we have a rotation of what happens on a weekly basis.
This week it's CTF and it doesn't matter what team you end up on - it's random. Nor does it matter if the BWL and DNX folks are on the same team - it's just for fun.

So the rotation is usually like this:

regular DDM (all out fragfest)
CTF DDM
regular DDM
CLAN DDM
regular DDM
RACE DDM

Or pretty much anything else we can think of. But at a minimum we have a regular DDM every other week.

And I am by no means the DDM scheduling master whereas whatever I say we do - I just came up with the schedule from a long time previous post. So please provide input!

whew - i'm done typing now.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 05, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted October 05, 2001 02:27 PM            
How about using some of the new CTF maps except for that ring map? Does that "break the DDM rules"?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 05, 2001 02:32 PM         
No, but it will effectively exclude new people. we can try it, tho. Usu we do mods on Wednesdays..... Hey that could be a system - Sundays are stock ,Wednesdays (can be) modded. what do you think, all

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 05, 2001 06:46 PM         
Hi Quotes, welcome to TM!

A stock CTF server is now up. I will put up another on Sunday. Max player is set to 12, FL to 90 , TL to 25 and have every map cept Red oval which i hate like poison.
Because there has been no feedback on the 2 CTF idea i am running with it (mua-ha-ha).

IP:

Paranor
posted October 05, 2001 10:05 PM            
DUH on me! That's right, we need stock maps. I forgot about WEDS. never mind!

So any ideas on how to mod CTF so that's more playable? more nukes? cruise?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 06, 2001 11:57 AM         
How about SSO mods (or SSO modded mods) like shockwave, area mines, afterburnerer etc. I think that player caps are necessary becuase of limitations in the stock maps.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 06, 2001 10:59 PM            
Fill that server up.I'd hate to be the one that can't get on the server and has to go to another one.I like playing with the big boys!
How bout the Kasplattt pack?I think all the weapons are fair.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 07, 2001 05:25 PM            
Probably can't make it this time...going to keep trying though

I get terrible ping lots of times erratically - bad proxy srever...bad bad proxy server

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 07, 2001 05:39 PM            
barely seen anyone on the servers today or the past few days, hope that changes.

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 07, 2001 06:55 PM            
No afterburner, and if we use a shockwave weapon, could we use mine. It's even better then the first one made by Noper and and that other guy(Sorry). By the way, where are those guys, i'v never seen them on a server or anything.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 07, 2001 10:59 PM            
Uh..where was everybody?I think the most humans I counted on the server at one time was 5 Far cry from the 20 something that were on a couple of weeks ago.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 08, 2001 03:24 AM            
Sorry Super...

Had to zip off to San Antonio to move and install an expensive mixing console at one of the studios out here. My current notebook comp isn't capable of doing TM on it. Looking to get a descent notebook comp to "work" with while I'm out and about. Maybe one with the Geforce2Go chip...drool.

Should be back by Tues and online by then. Sorry you didn't have an easy target to frag...ha! Will be there for the next fragging!!

BamZipPow
...how things get fragged.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 08, 2001 09:11 AM            
Wow! Only 5? Very strange indeed.

I'm getting 1200-1500ms ping so I can't play. I called Time Warner up and they told me to clear my cache. After I was done laughing I informed him to skip the script answers and solve the problem. I did some traceroutes/whois and consistently came upon the same device running at 1500ms. So did my brother on the other side of the city.

I think it's NIMBA related since I get 120ms ping during the day. Some users must be turning on their PC when they get home and choking the system.

I NEED MY TREADMARKS!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted October 08, 2001 01:46 PM            
My apologies to all - I was not feeling well and completely forgot about the fragfest last night. I know you all needed an easy target and sorry you missed me. But then again I have missed the last few DDM's etc... because of developing maps and I notice late that it is past time to be where I can get some frags in or be fragged whichever the case is. LOL - sometime I will pay attention to where I should be and when. Hope to see all next weekend!!!

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 08, 2001 06:55 PM            
Just figured that most were watching the US and UK bomb the hell out of Afganistan
Well...........the solution is simple for those that don't know where or when to show up to these things.Something is always happening at 8EST on Sundays.All you gotta do is look for the server with people on it You don't even have to check this forum to now what is going on.You know the date and time,all you have to do is find the server.I'm not mad at people that didn't show.Jusy curious as to y.I was looking forward to having 20 people in a CTF match.Oh well,the people that showed had fun anyway.I believe next Sunday is a straight up DDM.We need to talk Skandradon into playing regularly again since he as access to some fast servers.WM won't be around much for a while if you didn't get his ICQ message.He has to concentrate on getting his Masters degree soon.I'm guessing he's going to graduate this Winter,so he won't be on much until then.So we should all drop a message to Skandradon,asking.........begging him to become active in TM again WM says he'll still try to get servers up when we need them though.I think I have Skand's ICQ number if anybody needs it.Please....just don't hammer him with messages and piss him off

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 08, 2001 08:26 PM            
maybe we need an afganistan map made with a karbul vector object in the middle - and would in fact anybodt be shooting each other in that fragfest or slamming nukes into the vector :P lol

IP: