|
Author Topic:   The double tank - and sayonara! ;)
TurdHeart
posted October 04, 2001 08:29 PM            
Hi all. I've seen this tank on servers with no mods, but never in single player. How do I get to use it? I saw wolfman using it once, but I didn't find out how he did it.
http://www.voodooextreme.com/games/previews/treadmarks/screen4.jpg

Also, I'll probably be outta here Saturday. Going to Ontario to see my folks first (they think I'm nuts), then off to Germany for a day... then to the desert. Nervous as all gettout! I'll just be happy to be back on terra firma.

Heh.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 05, 2001 01:25 AM            
well actually you don't(get to use it, unless you are willing to get your hands dirty, as it were) its one of the tanks that are included with, but not used by the game (tank8 IIRC) you have a couple of options. one I can send you the ents for them(unused tanks) that are essentionlly ready to rumble(the weapon bolton coord.s are almost right, tank8 aka halftrack needs to have the turret mount raised a tad) or you can get three tank ents(well 4) out of the popinfresh server pack(note those use a custom tankgun ammo, easy to change) one final method involves tracking down the ents in your stock folder and adding a name to them, use a working ent(tank9 for example) to see what you need to add(namesound isn't needed)

IP:

Neo
posted October 05, 2001 03:00 AM            
TH, Take it easy out there buddy. Don't forget your turban!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 05, 2001 03:12 AM            
Well TH,I wish you all the luck and watch your back.It sounds like you are going to be in a bad spot.We'll keep a spot for you for when you come back.Wonder what 8EST convets into Afganistan time Maybe you can still make it to the Sunday DDM's but it will prob be Monday moring there.Ok...did a little research.I believe Afgan is 8 1/2 hours ahead of EST,thus putting you playing 4:30 AM....OUCH!!!!!! I guess you could get up a 5 or so and play a few games.Make sure you drop us a email or something so we can talk to ya.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited October 05, 2001).]

IP: