This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Question to the devs...
fred99
posted October 01, 2001 08:13 AM         
I remember a while back when you said you were planning a PS2 version of the excelent Tread Marks..

How is that version coming along??

Thanks!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 01, 2001 11:49 AM            
We're getting there....

....Solving some of the PS2 technical problems has put us about 4 months behind the ambitious schedule that we had initially set for ourselves.

From what I've been told, Tread Marks is the only independent PS2 game in development.... that said, we hope to be ready to make a "...no technical risks remaining...." pitch for a publishing partner toward the end of October.

With gameplay and design adjustments, and allowing for marketing lead time, we expect to be ready for a March release.

Jim

IP:

fred99
posted October 01, 2001 12:12 PM         
Ok.. Thanks for answering my question

I really hope you can tweak the engine for use on PS2.. (you know more than me.. cuz its alot different than a regular pc(from what I have heard))
To get a smooth 60fps rate..

Thanks!

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 01, 2001 12:18 PM         
Noone with sane graphics settings gets 60fps from TM on a PC

IP:

fred99
posted October 01, 2001 12:32 PM         
I get a pretty good framerate on my old P2 400MHZ computer

With 5-10tanks that is..
30tanks.. aj caramba!

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 01, 2001 12:42 PM            
Well I remember with the first versions of TM on my dads, I could have up to 40 tanks and it ran at around 30-40 fps.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

fred99
posted October 06, 2001 02:00 PM         
Why did you take out the Nukes and other cool weapons from the first demo??

I cant run the first version of the demo on my PC.
So I downloaded the patch.. And it ran fine, but where did the other maps and all the cool weapons go? Not to mention the teams and the other tanks!?

IP:

Rex R
posted October 06, 2001 02:36 PM            
to put it bluntly, the very reasons you give. the demo players(1.01) were not buying the full version because they had all those things. the full version(1.6) has all the weap.s, tanks and, maps. plus ctf plus easy mods. note the demo server is set for 2(or more?)teams

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 06, 2001 09:09 PM            
yeah fred, do yaself a great big favour - look in your wallet.. is there a spare $5 ? chances are there is.... spend it wisely - hop along to www.deathmatch-federation.com and scroll down the first page till you see TREADMARKS FULL VERSION on sale for $4.99

Cant go wrong as many have found beofre you - ya dont get owt 4 nowt in this world - upgrade and join the rest of us having a GREAT TIME !!! on ALL those MAPS with all those WEAPONS and TANKS !

Not to mention the ability to run the new full game mod - PROJECT BATTLEZONE - due out in about 3 weeks time. when youre done buying the cd, go back to the dmf website and goto the MODS page - from there youre in a new world m8

or if you cant decide to buy and spend that measly $5 thats burning a hole in ur pocket - you know the one youd rather take to macdonalds..... think this way.

YEARS OF FUN FOR A FIVER - or a bigmac n fries !

if you go for the big mac option you shouldnt even be posting queries like that to lda lol !

heheh now get of yer arse n send that fiver - youll never miss it and derive loads a fun from it

cant go wrong :P

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 06, 2001 10:54 PM            
Thanks for updating us LDA.Keep us informed if it's not too much trouble.

IP:

fred99
posted October 07, 2001 10:01 AM         
=DNX= Matrix: Heheh.. Yes..

I will be getting the game soon.. (hope! Slow PC!)
I wonder if you can get it here in Sweden..

Ill have a look..

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 07, 2001 11:21 AM            
im assuming that fred is short for fredskov... we have no members in the sweedish timezone but i think that would be a great assett since dremeris in that timezone also and we need to recruit in the europe side of england.

interested ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 07, 2001 11:21 AM            
im assuming that fred is short for fredskov... we have no members in the sweedish timezone but i think that would be a great assett since dreamer is in that timezone also and we need to recruit in the europe side of england.

interested ?

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited October 07, 2001).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 07, 2001 04:51 PM            
Dreamer - perhaps I need to introduce you to my 1.4ghz Athlon + OC'd Radeon running TM in 1024x768x32? :P

IP:

peeeto
posted October 08, 2001 09:47 AM         
remember, Kaeto - Dreamer said "sane" grafix... and as we all know, anything you are involved with is by definition "insane"!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 08, 2001 10:05 AM            
heh...

I get 40fps full rate with everything turned on - i have GeForce 2MX-200 (32meg) with 512 meg ram and a 1-gig athlon i run 1024x768 in 32bit mode - nada problemo :P

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 08, 2001 10:10 AM            
that said there are tricks to gettin that kinda performance..........

1) turn EVERYTHING you dont need or use OFF.

And im not talking right clicking and "EXIT" whatever program..... heres what i do:

a) ALT CTRL DEL (JUST ONCE) brings the running programs list up.

b) "end task" everything apart from systray and explorer.

c) dialup get online

d) run tm.

Its all a question of resources.... if its all available TM is way smooth and the gfx card can more than handle it

course if u plan to have all the default loading stuff turned on and the system tray full of icons ... with ICQ on DND mode ya dont leave much room for TM ! and increase lag.

but hey thats just me

IP:

Robu1
posted October 08, 2001 11:28 AM            
PS2 version of TM = goodbye to our everybody-knows-everybody-community.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 08, 2001 01:06 PM            
and this is bad because; it will introduce a bunch of new players to fill servers, encourage ppl to buy the pc version(since they wouldn't be able to run mods and user made maps), enable LDA to make a profit. I kinda doubt that this 'influx' of ppl will make a big difference to the message board. it might make a difference in the language used in the chat during the game(hope not but, some ppl seem to have potty fingers)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 08, 2001 01:06 PM            
woooohooo new blood

Not that old blood is that bad

IP:

A2597
posted October 08, 2001 01:25 PM            
Dreamer - perhaps I need to introduce you to my 1.4ghz Athlon + OC'd Radeon running TM in 1024x768x32? :P

ROTFLMAO!!!

I use the same sttings. full detail everything at 1024x768 32 bit and get 20 FPS

thats on a old PII 350 MMX PC with 98megs ram.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted October 08, 2001 01:30 PM            
So can you run 40 tanks with 30fps, and all the settings at high, except for the dust on high. Well I can. I even did 100 tanks!!!

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Paranor
posted October 08, 2001 02:15 PM            
i've got a PIII 1GHZ with the same vid as Matrix with W2K but I've lately come to realize that the only speed you get with multiplayer is at the mercy of the &^#%#!$(%)!@^$&!($& cable #$*!)&*$)&!)&!)&)$ modem that's )*@$)*$%! slower than )$*)@*$)*@ because some dumb )*@$)*@$) users don't have a $)*@)*$@ firewall to block out )*$@*$@)* nimba so they will bring )@$*)@*$) down the )*$)@*$)* entire &!$#(&$%) cable system in this 1 horse @)*$)@* town.

WHEW! I feel better.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 08, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 08, 2001 06:44 PM            
Matrix,you forgot about msconfig.Go to start button,run,and type in msconfig.It'll bring up a handy utility.Go to the startup tab once you get in msconfig and uncheck everything that you don't want running when you boot up.You'd be suprised how much RAM you free up by doing this since almost every little program out there nowdays likes to get into your startup.I have only my proxy suff checked in msconfig.Granted you'll have to manually start some programs that once ate up precious RAM,watching everything you were doing,waiting for that command that puts it in use.........but thats a small price to pay to have all that free RAM for TM
Paranor-Welcome to the world of lag that us dialup people are so used too I only wish someday that TM looks as good in multiplayer than it does in single player.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted October 08, 2001 06:44 PM            
Matrix,you forgot about msconfig.Go to start button,run,and type in msconfig.It'll bring up a handy utility.Go to the startup tab once you get in msconfig and uncheck everything that you don't want running when you boot up.You'd be suprised how much RAM you free up by doing this since almost every little program out there nowdays likes to get into your startup.I have only my proxy suff checked in msconfig.Granted you'll have to manually start some programs that once ate up precious RAM,watching everything you were doing,waiting for that command that puts it in use.........but thats a small price to pay to have all that free RAM for TM
Paranor-Welcome to the world of lag that us dialup people are so used too I only wish someday that TM looks as good in multiplayer than it does in single player.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2