|
Author Topic:   A GENTLE REMINDER !!!!!!!!
=DNX= Matrix
posted September 28, 2001 09:48 AM            
Sat 29th 8pm EST - DMF Chatroom

c u all there i hope.

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 28, 2001 10:08 AM         
2am - my gf would have my head for that.
I'll try.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 30, 2001 08:10 AM            
well that was a laff - nobody from tm showed up !

thx guys - the bz ppl thought i was a dork sat in a chatroom all on my own ! dont think ill be organising one of those again too soon.

id like opinions on the chatroom facility - cos if its not gonna get used i may aswell save server space and get rid ! .... plenty of things to put in its place - cheers.

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 30, 2001 11:36 AM         
I like the chatroom - relatively pretty, easy to use, no-hassle-java - does it log, btw?
But I'm not going to use it much at that time of the night and to be honest I don't see many advantages over ICQ chat or the TM master chat (which is totally underestimated).

It's really bad that noone showed up yesterday(tonight) - a shame that we presented ourselves in such a bad way to our neighbours from bz!

While I explicitly don't exclude myself from the number of those who should have been there and were not, please do consider that if noone says (s)he'll be there, don't count on it.

On the other hand,
increasing the number of playersw in this community is a goal that can only be reached through combined efforts - if noone cares much, TM is going to die. Matrix does what he can, more than anyone else around, to achieve that goal. Support him - both he and TM deserve it. If you CAN be there at the times he schedules, for TM's sake be there.
If you can't be there, show goodwill and state why not and which time would suit you better.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 30, 2001 11:50 AM            
thx dreamer - i wouldnt say i do more than anyone else - i think we all do well and i do my fair share cos i like it....

that said ! i didnt expect u to attend it really being 1 hour in front of me - thats 2am your time... a gruesome hour to be logged onto a chatroom !

logging - no its basic and simple - i had a good one a while back but all i got was complaints about IRC ppl trying to take it over and kickppl - general abuse... i fiured simple was better in the long run - so no, no logging, but it will keep an entire record while ur on that screen.

i held a 2 hour long meeting in there, and when it was over i could scroll back top the top - select everything and post the full transcript for the members who didnt make it - to read.

its pretty good and pretty simple.

as for the support - well ya icq is good, but ya have to think too - i dont use aim or yahoo or god knows how many other instant messengers are out there.....

this is a common way to get ppl together - no privledges - no exploits no king of the room - just ppl chattin ! ...

i was especially ditturbed by the fact that i had icq open and i saw 5 tm players online ..... as dreamer said if u care... turn up - if u dont - my advice is move on.

the ultimate goal is to grow the community - and that takes a team effort - so i ask you ppl - ARE WE A TEAM !

forget clans, loners demo players - the tm community is one big family - were also a team ! and remember ... theres no "I" in TEAM !

lets do it ppl

IP:

KONG
posted September 30, 2001 01:30 PM            
yes i was online at the time. and no i did not show. i did not want to. i do not know the ppl in bz. geez i didnt even post here until after i had been playing for a while and got to know ppl a little bit. matrix i tried posting on your dmf board thinking there would be others, and try to get to know them but that does not seem to be happening. maybe when you release the mod things will change. not to be a smart*ss but who showed from dnx-tm?

I think that once we start playing the same game we will have a common interest and things will change.

also the next time that you do this ask in your thread for for ppl to commit or not so you will know if there is any interest.

i believe lord drow had the same prob before when he tried to set up a meeting.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 30, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 30, 2001 02:59 PM            
well to answer that long - the only dnx to show was - ME !

i kinda guess i didnt need to ask for commitment since time and time again on this forum ppl shout that they cant get tm - bz ppl are heving the same problems.... thats where the tm ppl come in - a general meet up / quaetion answer session seemed in order.

didnt matter what game was being played - the idea was to help each others communities grow and prosper.

as it happens i did have most of the answers to hand... but i felt a bit of a berk !

the message was here ages and with almost 1500 ppl registered i figured somebody would show !

i wouldnt expect anyone to ask me now where to get bz or bz2 or what websites carry the files they need and or what they are - cos the chance was there and no bugger was bothered... no biggie - plenty of ppl are coming to tm......

nobody should need to ask for comitment m8.... ppl that want to see the community grow should already have commitment - and those who post crap about how few ppl play online should think twice about the meeting they just missed. that was ya chance - see what i mean.....

that aside - all i can do is set a time and date - if ppl dont come then so be it ! least the bz fols showed interest and effort.. kinda makes u wonder who will be the stronger of the 2 communities once the mods out doesnt it lol.......

** SLAP ** !

LMAO !

IP:

KONG
posted September 30, 2001 03:31 PM            
i hear ya. just one other question. as far as you know, have any of the bz ppl downloaded the demo and played it online? almost all the ppl i played on the demo server now have the full game and are part of the community. so where is their involvement in tm? semms that if they come in it will just be for your mod. if they were truly interested in tm i figure we would have seen them by now.

this isnt meant to antagonize you, i am just trying to see your reasoning behind berating us for not showing. as i said b4, once we have some common ground the rest will take care of itself. i am predicting that the dmf site will be the central meeting and posting place for all things that happen between formats. not evryone likes bz and not everyone likes tm although alot of pplz have tryed both.

someone told me this once:"a friendship that is carefully forged will last a lifetime". and i have found this to be true in every instance. think about what i posted as a whole and look at it from the outside, not from your personal point of view. the meeting was an excellent idea but obviously the timing wasn't right for alot of ppl. and yes i do understand where you are coming from.

IP:

Karldar
posted September 30, 2001 04:21 PM            
Had to attend a wedding reception with my fiancee(sp?) last night right @8pm EST. Sorry bout that. I showed up on the 22nd, tho. LOL Didn't bother to read the date in your first post, Matrix. D'OH! Ah, well-mebbe next time.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 30, 2001 07:43 PM            
np karldar - .......pie ?

kong in answer:

the road to enlightenment takes many paths. the differences tween tm and bz are many and not many ppl from bz will warm stright into tm.... yes about 4 have bought to my knowledge. Several clans are in the throws of getting copies out to mmembers and thing will start roll soon - the step is bz1/2 to bz mod - then from bz mod to tm stock/modded.

dont ask a baby to run b4 hes walked.

ps: i looked at myself from the outside ! - ugly bugger huh ! need a shave too. :P

IP:

Dudymas
posted September 30, 2001 10:35 PM            
WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST DOWNLOAD THE STINKIN MASTER CLIENT FOR TM AND WE CAN ALL CHAT QUICKLY AND EASILY IN ONE ROOM?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 01, 2001 04:00 AM         
The demo should be chat-compatible with the full game, afaik... noone who has either demo or full verion needs the master client.

IP:

Paranor
posted October 01, 2001 09:34 AM            
I would like to be in these chat's but weekends, other than sunday night ddm simply don't work for me at all. I spend time with the kids & wifey.

Speaking of bz Matrix, a "MPT nutzy" was playing DDM last night and didn't seem to have a favorable impression. It is hard to carry on a conversation during a DDM so I don't know what the issues were. He said he was there to test the game? Do you know him? Is there a way to talk to him and asked what he doesn't like, etc.?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted October 01, 2001 10:12 AM         
Sorry I didn't make it to chat or the DDM - my isp has been taking a dump on me. Hey Rixy, that MPT nutsy was being a jerk from what I can tell from the logs (they will be posted on TM stats). A lot of swearing and complaining (tho there were some regulars swearing, too). I think he would have liked it better if he haden't dropped in on a raging DDM - not the best place to demo TM IMO. Ask him to stop by on a more mellow night and I am sure the TM regulars would love to chat him up and give him a friendly whuppin

IP: